FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pre season trout fishing question  (Read 1290 times)

NorthEastFisherman

Pre season trout fishing question
« on: Apr 15, 2012, 11:12 PM »
I know that trout season opens the third saturday in april. My boat just went into candlewood lake yesterday (4/15) and i was wondering if i was allowed to fish in candlewood lake but only for bass and perch (maybe sunfish on a flyfishing rod too). I wont be fishing for trout, actually ill be fishing far away from the stocking grounds. But my question is will it matter? Even if im fishing for bass would it still be illegal since im fishing in a place where trout are and its before the season opens? I have the whole week off because of spring break and all this time would be wasted if i cant go fishing :-\ .  So im going out today (4/16) and ill bring some rods and lures but before i cast my line im going to ask around and maybe scout for another fisherman. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks! NEF

JAMMER

Re: Pre season trout fishing question
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2012, 09:12 PM »
no gotta wait till sat. Ive seen people on Squantz that dont know better and out of staters that ended
up at Lilly to play by the rules. We have been hittin NY. the last three weeks while waiting.

NorthEastFisherman

« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2012, 09:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I went out the day after i opened the topic and i saw a man trolling and a bass boat fishing the shore. We decided not to chance it and risk of loosing all our equipment with a expensive fine. I did go out today thought with not one fish in sight. water is sooo cold (40 degrees). I think once we the water hits 55 degrees we will be hooking the 5 pounders.

NorthEastFisherman

« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2012, 09:42 PM »
And i cant believe people are going fishing at squantz before season. That place is visited by at least three officers per day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.