FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: H2Oc/Navionics question  (Read 2138 times)

eyewinder

H2Oc/Navionics question
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:40 AM »
I know that my GPS (H2Oc) is not the latest & greatest, but it is brand new (just out of the package), and I'm having a problem because it doesn't recognize a couple of used Navionics map cards that I'm considering purchasing.

I did my instruction manual and on-line due diligence, and followed the instructions for installing the cards and for checking to see whether the unit is recognizing the card and its information:
1--Press Menu once
2--Highlight Map Data and press Enter
3--Highlight Navionics Map Choice and press Enter
4--Select a section of a state where the lake is located and press Enter
5--Exit out of the Menus

Step 3 is as far as I get, because the only two choices that I see are the preloaded (factory loaded) ones: "Lowrance" and "Miami area," or something like that.

Before I give up and send the cards back to the seller, I'd like to be sure that I'm not omitting a step. It's my first GPS experience, so that's a real possibility. The cards are circa '02 and '04, I believe. The one marked "Nov. 2002" has 5 southern states and is also marked "HML241XL;" and the one marked "Dec. 2004" is also marked "HotMaps Premium West."

Thanks in advance for your help,
eyewinder
(FYI:  If you visit WC message boards, you may see a duplicate of this there.)

eyewinder

Problem solved!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 08:11 AM »
Operator error (at least inexperience w/ unit) to blame.  I hadn't pressed and pushed on map card to make electrical contact.  I'm now good to go. 

eyewinder

fishon35

Re: H2Oc/Navionics question
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Glad it worked out!  You can also check the manufacturers website of the GPS to see if there are any software updates... Lowrance does them frequently.... Google it or go to their website. 

The software updates on my Elite 5 made my navionics map come to life!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.