FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Walleyes ....opening week-end...Lake Ontario  (Read 4235 times)

choo choo

Walleyes ....opening week-end...Lake Ontario
« on: May 06, 2012, 08:14 PM »
Iccedd and I headed up to Henderson Harbor for the Walleye opener. Fishing was slow sat morning for us , only 2 bites,but we figured out a few things in the afternoon session and we ended up landing 4 beautiful walleyes for the day - 1 was 30 inches , and the other 3 were 26, 26, and 27 inches. We lost/missed a few fish, and landed a nice northern pike too. The strange thing was, every bite came on the same color pattern lures, at the same depth, and same speed. No other lures got bit for us. We were real happy with the eye's we caught, and went to bed pumped for the next morning (today).
 We got a daybreak start and had steady action all morning...12 or 13 bites, before noon, are deadline quit time. We had fun out there. 3
more Big eye's landed ,another 30 incher!!!  A nice sheepshead, monster smallie, 5/6 pound brown ,3 nice northerns(30 to 34 inches),and a few lost fish.Guess what, same exact pattern for us did all the damage,.... every hit came on the same color pattern and depth again despite the weather change....strange fish....they will drive you nuts!!!
  We also went 8 for 12 on browns off stoney creek on friday..so all in all ...it was a great week end for us...I will try to post pictures later, or tomorrow....good luck to all.....choo-choo
I'm fishing my way through life .

choo choo

Re: Walleyes ....opening week-end...Lake Ontario
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 08:47 PM »
Iccedd and I headed up to Henderson Harbor for the Walleye opener. Fishing was slow sat morning for us , only 2 bites,but we figured out a few things in the afternoon session and we ended up landing 4 beautiful walleyes for the day - 1 was 30 inches , and the other 3 were 26, 26, and 27 inches. We lost/missed a few fish, and landed a nice northern pike too. The strange thing was, every bite came on the same color pattern lures, at the same depth, and same speed. No other lures got bit for us. We were real happy with the eye's we caught, and went to bed pumped for the next morning (today).
 We got a daybreak start and had steady action all morning...12 or 13 bites, before noon, are deadline quit time. We had fun out there. 3
more Big eye's landed ,another 30 incher!!!  A nice sheepshead, monster smallie, 5/6 pound brown ,3 nice northerns(30 to 34 inches),and a few lost fish.Guess what, same exact pattern for us did all the damage,.... every hit came on the same color pattern and depth again despite the weather change....strange fish....they will drive you nuts!!!
  We also went 8 for 12 on browns off stoney creek on friday..so all in all ...it was a great week end for us...I will try to post pictures later, or tomorrow....good luck to all.....choo-choo

2 fish from today

saturdays keepers
I'm fishing my way through life .

fontona19

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 09:29 PM »
Sounds like you boys had a productive weekend. You have to love it when everything comes together for a good stretch. Congrats man!

:thumbup_smilie:

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 09:40 PM »

Nice fish guys!!!! :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

filetandrelease

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 04:24 AM »

super  nice eyes and great pics

Hollywood

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 05:33 AM »
Nice trip!  ;D

icedd

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 07:24 AM »
Hey Steve you left off the biggest battle of the day the big sheep's head

waterwolf603

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 07:29 AM »
sounds like a great weekend those are some great eyes
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

fishshack

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 07:33 AM »
Very nice fish!!!!!!! :o

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29 AM »
Awesome Waldos!!!  Some real brutes!!!
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 09:44 AM »
Nice fish...and boat (i own the same one)!!   ;D

icedd

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 11:44 AM »
Yea it fishes real good only problem so far console broke drivers side and the motor guide troling motor quit burned up the armature.

wingman

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 01:47 PM »
fish can be fussy.  I was fishing Chautauqua and the only lure working was a perch colored #7 Shad Rap.  Had a musky break me off and did not catch another fish all day.  Tried every other color in #7 and other perch sizes and nothing.

Old Timer

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 05:35 PM »
Yea it fishes real good only problem so far console broke drivers side and the motor guide troling motor quit burned up the armature.

I gave up on the motojunks a long time ago...

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Beautiful fish guys!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.