FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 6113 times)

abishop

WILLOW SLOUGH
« on: Jun 05, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Has anyone been to the slough lately. Looking to go as soon as the weather warms up. Action should be HOT AND HEAVY.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: Jun 05, 2012, 09:39 PM »
Talked to a guy out at long in Valpo, he said the Slough is on fire.

littleripper

« Reply #2 on: Jun 05, 2012, 10:14 PM »
went today very early, fished our normal spots didnt get a single bite it was unreal, luckily on our way in we stopped at a couple spots and in jus one spot we got 25 NICE male bluegill, went out last week n did really good in the morning and when the sun came up they shut off, suprisingly there wasnt even a bite in the early morning

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2012, 11:26 PM »
Anything on the evening bite.

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Got there at 8;30. Water temps were 75 and 80 when we left at 3:30. Fished all over looking for them. Found 1 spot that gave up 23 gills 8-9 1/4 inches. Only 1 female. Sunday I will be there early. Great to get out. Was hot. Suppose to get 90 Sunday. Must take lots of fluids.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2012, 01:28 PM »
i know of a spot that gave up 75 'big slough' gills. split shot 18" up from jig. tight line drop to the bottom.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2012, 02:28 PM »
Hard to get to the bottom with all the weeds. If you fish to deep the wind drags your bobber till you hit green. Hit and miss. Hit really light usually, are they using long poles and dipping for them. People who fish this way usually do really well. You just have to keep moving till you locate a bed.  I will get 50 tomorrow know I know where to go. Where are the perch Mike???

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2012, 02:42 PM »
just before it hits the weeds the come up n suck it in. thats wat i meant by slow drop. i dont know how the dippers are doing. i dont dip for them. slow drop was awsome for me the other day. trolling works too. believe it or not but id be willing to show ya. as far as the perch... theres two spots producing fish. montrose and another spot thats being kept hush hush as 'we' dont want the yahoos all over the place scattering the fish n dragging anchors ontop of them. lemme know one day wen u wanna get out fishin. gills, salmon, perch  which ever dont matter.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2012, 02:45 PM »
Hard to get to the bottom with all the weeds. If you fish to deep the wind drags your bobber till you hit green. Hit and miss. Hit really light usually, are they using long poles and dipping for them. People who fish this way usually do really well. You just have to keep moving till you locate a bed.  I will get 50 tomorrow know I know where to go. Where are the perch Mike???

i dont use bobbers and i stay away from the 'common' places everyone else goes to.

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #9 on: Jun 10, 2012, 07:44 PM »
hit the water today with abishop. had a great time. some good laughs and shared stories. left with 40 fish. cant say any one else did as good. seems everyone was struggling. didnt get to talk to the 'dippin-rods' even caught 3 cats n a redear. al had a break off prob bass or pike. watched the eagle fly and the rooster run the road. all in all had a great day! water was at 80 degrees when we left. hopefully tomorrows rain cools things off n keeps the bite goin. was visited by the warden so make sure u guys r in tip top shape when you go. good luck!!

abishop

« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Got out today and started off the day with at least a 8 pound cat. Followed by three other keepers about 1 1/2 pounds,. The bite slowed a tad. kept 47 with some being on a bit smaller side. just got spoiled with all 8+'s. Wasn't hot, very nice...

Felix

• Myfishfinder Sponsor
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #11 on: Jun 13, 2012, 07:28 PM »
I have never been there in soft water. Wanting to give it a try in the next couple weeks!
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

abishop

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Ought to be a mad house there tomorrow. I am going early. Who else will be there?

littleripper

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2012, 08:35 PM »
how long do the catfish have to be to keep in there?

abishop

« Reply #14 on: Jun 16, 2012, 04:52 PM »
Could be wrong, I don't think there is a size limit. Don't really fish for cats.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.