FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Target for opener?  (Read 1113 times)

TheDL

Target for opener?
« on: Jun 21, 2012, 08:02 AM »
Just curious to see what the local boys will be targeting for bass opener (smallies or largies)?  I will be trying out some new floating robo worms on shakey heads for smallies, and might throw the top waters around a bit for bucket mouths first thing if the weather co-operates.  2 days to go!!
tight lines....

jjz

• @jzuliniak
Re: Target for opener?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2012, 08:51 AM »
My saturday is booked so I only have an hour or two at first light so I am not going to bother fighting the zoo at the launch, instead I am just going to hit a small lake in frontenac park from shore, topwater baits will be what Iam using for LM.  My real opener will be Sunday when I head out on Sydenham, targeting both species because I think with the extreme heat they will both be in the same water, 10-15ft range. Cranks and spinnerbaits will be what I start with and if the fish dont respond I will slow down and go finesse.  And as you say it will all be weather dependant.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Target for opener?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2012, 03:28 PM »
It was a largie weekend for me, I fished the Quinte bass champs event and it was a largemouth only event, then off to Weslemkoon and it is know more for it's largies (didnt find many though)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.