FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: An Out of Stater With a Couple Hours to Fish  (Read 1462 times)

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
An Out of Stater With a Couple Hours to Fish
« on: Jul 11, 2012, 08:55 PM »
I'll be in the Bridgeport area late this month helping my daughter relocate there from Maine.  After the heavy lifting is done, my wife and daughter asked me to scram for a few hours while they shop for curtains and such.  They tell me I get obnoxious when I'm bored and should just go fishing for a couple hours ;D  I don't know the area all, but see the Housatonic in Derby and some lakes north of Trumbull.  I hear there are some salt water spots, too.  I'll be on foot with waders.  I'm not particular on flowing water versus lakes, or the species of fish.  Just looking for a spot or 2 for a shore guy to get a bite or 2, while avoiding curtain shopping. Any advice by PM or otherwise will be appreciated. In return, I'd be happy to provide advice on my home waters in Central Maine.  Thanks!

bass on

Re: An Out of Stater With a Couple Hours to Fish
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2012, 08:35 PM »
Thier are snapper blues in the lower housy...use a trout rod and a 1/8oz castmaster in silver...thiers a peir on the side of a marina in docks shopping center u can fish off of...or go to any of the boat ramps on the lower housy...snappers can be found all the way upriver to sunnyside boat ramp...dont forget a salwater fishing license the river gets patroled by dep pretty good...good luck and happy fishing.

NorthEastFisherman

Re: An Out of Stater With a Couple Hours to Fish
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2012, 10:02 AM »
Dont know if youre into catfish but there are many lakes/ponds near you that get stocked with good sized catfish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.