FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Aluminum Boat 12'  (Read 2247 times)

robbi

Aluminum Boat 12'
« on: Apr 23, 2013, 10:01 AM »
I have a customer that has a 12' Sea Nymph aluminum boat hanging in her garage.  About six months ago her husband/signigicant other passed away.  She says she will no longer need the boat and asked me to help her sell it.  She can use the money at this point alot more than the boat.  Anyway........I've tried looking for similar boats etc on the internet and I can't figure out what a decent price would be for her to ask.  Does anyone have any idea what a person would even start at.  The boat has oar locks and I think 3 of the built in aluminum seats.  Other than that......just an older boat.  Anyone?

DanO2013

Re: Aluminum Boat 12'
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2013, 10:09 AM »
i see boats like this on craigslist frequently ranging from about 150-500 depending on if it comes with a trailer or not and the condition - if no trailer and in good condition i  think 150-200 is a good price

Cornbread

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2013, 12:02 PM »
No motor, no trailer, probably 150 - 200 as Dan02013 said. With a trailer if the trailer is in good condition you could probably get 400.

Honestly if it has a trailer I would be interested in it. My cousin doesn't have a boat for the little lakes around him and I am looking for a birthday present for him so I would definitely be interested in taking a look at it if it has a trailer.
There are only two types of truly happy people in this world, married women and single men.

robbi

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2013, 06:29 PM »
Sorry, no trailer.........I think they slid it in the back of a truck when they went.  Thanks for the info on prices......I'll pass it on to her, and you'll probably see it on Craigslist at some point.

Taco Juan

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2013, 11:25 PM »
Start high I listed mine on cl for 300 and ended up getting 250 for it with a set of oars and oar locks NO TRAILER. If the lady really needs the money try getting the most you can for it. Boats are a hot item right now so people will be willing to spend a little more just to have one when they need it.

DanO2013

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2013, 08:17 AM »
yea im with Taco Juan on that - i have probably sold 10-12 items on craigslist in my life and always ask a little more than i actually want for it and then negotiate a price with people - it sounds like it would be a real nice boat for someone and looks like you already got 1 guy interested - good luck buddy

jperch

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2013, 08:25 AM »
I recently bought a 12 foot Starcraft aluminum boat for $300, with oars.  This was in NY, from CL.  I followed local prices on CL for a time, and this seemed like the going rate.  Sometimes they come up for a little less and sometimes more.  Condition matters, of course.  jperch

robbi

« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2013, 09:28 AM »
Again......thanks for the responses.  I agree that putting it up for sale and asking a bit more, then negotiating seems the smart way to go......

robbi

« Reply #8 on: Apr 25, 2013, 02:24 AM »
Thanks for all the input.  I passed it on to the woman and now it's up to her what she does.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.