FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Derby Report  (Read 769 times)

JoeGG

Derby Report
« on: May 19, 2013, 07:11 PM »
Fished solo on Friday. Boated 5 salmon, 3 lakers and 2 bows.

Saturday: 3 salmon. All around 18 inches. 2 bows to 18 inches and 3 lakers. Biggest laker was 21 inches

Sunday :   No salmon. 2 lakers.

Strange, all my fish on fri and sat we're caught on the same red streamer tied by Matty from Hooked on Salmon.

Lost a big laker on sat too.

H82LUZ

• Wishin I was fishin!
Re: Derby Report
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 07:29 PM »
Nice work man. Sorry to hear you were alone Friday. But sometimes it's nice too, depends on who you are. I like the occatinal alone trip to try different stuff out on my own without pressure. Congrats on the fish.

Pat
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 07:32 PM »
Hey Joe,
Good talking to you over the weekend. Sorry neither of us ended up on the leaderboard, but I hope you had a good time. I had an up and down derby with some boat issues, some gear issues, and just being really tired from the long days.

I can't wait to get some sleep tonight.

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

JoeGG

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Hey Joe,
Good talking to you over the weekend. Sorry neither of us ended up on the leaderboard, but I hope you had a good time. I had an up and down derby with some boat issues, some gear issues, and just being really tired from the long days.

I can't wait to get some sleep tonight.

-Scott
I started using pin shiners today at 10 am. I caugh them at ossipee. They were barely an inch long. I had hit after hit and finally got a 20 in laker. The fish kept slamming them and taking them off the hook. Something to think about next year.

mr tip up

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07 PM »
what was the winning weight for the dreby
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day of work

Dispy

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 09:08 PM »
It was killing me wishing I was there on Friday as I was stuck in the MRI capsule at Mass General. Thoughts of big fish resonated through my mind the whole time. Glad you got out and caught some fish :)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.