FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A real walleye fly in  (Read 2598 times)

octanehi5

• WORK WAS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FISH
A real walleye fly in
« on: Jul 15, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Arrived 6/30. The week before there was a low pressure system around for 5 days, very slow bite, things started to pickup sunday night as we found, walleyes in all the usual haunts. weather was getting better but still only 60 s, 40s at night.We had a nice fish fry that afternoon. monday big cold front came through, slow morning but, sun came out and the bite improved greatly by evening,Many walleyes were caught in alot of areas.Tuesday the wind changed 180 degrees twice, suprizingly it did not effect the bite, The wind on weds. morning moved to the south west 15 to 20 mph, got stronger th next two days, If you are a walleye, we all know wind pounding a shore will produce great fishing in that area. add to that those spots being pounded by these waves, are very good with out all that wind. There production of walleyes increased by 4 times the normal for 3 straight days, any time of the day,And the evening it was off the charts. Saturday In my boat we toke the day very slowly, pike fishing with paddletails, walleye and pike were caught in nice numbers. back to camp for breakfast, after head down the the nort end o f the lake to do a little jigging on th area that has been just pounded for the 4th day,A pare of our guys were there just sleighing walleye's whole sale.we started fishing the spot,from 22'to 8' drift, we started to sleigh them wholesale.After a while the wind was to strong to drift fish even with a sock. we anchored, in 16' wind blowing 35 -40mph, It was not even fair to the walleyes. it was like fishing in a hatchery.After this we went back to the camp for our big steak dinner. 600 pm back out to the far north end of the lake,the wind had died down, the first drift we caught 8 nice walleye in the 20 to 22"range,clouding up the next drift was 15 walleye as big if not bigger. totally getting very dark from the cloud cover ,the third drift was a drift that many will only dream about, 25 walleyes on that drift. I looked at my friend Eric,And said On that note I'm done,He agreed,we headed back to camp and drank a few beer smoked a cigar and ended The best fishing trip of my lifetime. 6 guys showed up that week with 2000 night crawlers,3 lbs of leeches,gulp alive, trigger X, Fished very hard all week , The summary,for there efforts, many personal bests were made pike and numbers of walleye per man per day,After we added each day up ,
Walleye 2,250 biggest being 27",Pike 50, biggest 38". I personally
boated over 900,By far the best trip of my life. The lake Hebert report is if you have never fished it.put it on your bucket list.you will not be sorry you did. octanehi5[aka Walleye Ron ]
If it was easy they would have called it catchin,not fishin

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Re: A real walleye fly in
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Now that is a trip of a lifetime
Congrats

octanehi5

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2015, 06:34 AM »
This yrs trip is from 6/21 to 6/28, Bugchazer is making his maiden voyage.along with a friend of his. Ice out around May 10,early June the pike fishing is off the hook, Mid June the walleye's put the feed bag on. My 11Th yr on this lake 9 weeks to go

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2015, 08:20 PM »
This yrs trip is from 6/21 to 6/28, Bugchazer is making his maiden voyage.along with a friend of his. Ice out around May 10,early June the pike fishing is off the hook, Mid June the walleye's put the feed bag on. My 11Th yr on this lake 9 weeks to go

This is awesome.  I am thinking of doing a Rainy Lake trip for the same species.  Rainy Lake Houseboats caught my eye!

Best of luck on your trip!

octanehi5

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2015, 05:40 AM »
Thanks Low There is an outfitter on the Gouin that has house boats, also holds the biggest pike in Quebec

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2015, 07:16 AM »
Thanks Low There is an outfitter on the Gouin that has house boats, also holds the biggest pike in Quebec

Hmmm you're speaking my language.  I will check that out as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.