FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yellowwood Lake, Brown County  (Read 3289 times)

bwalker

Yellowwood Lake, Brown County
« on: Jul 25, 2013, 07:05 PM »
Basicly after doing some looking online, other forums and what not and asking people the basic picture I get about this lake is that years ago it used to be a top place to go for Blue Gill but now the lake is basicly worthless, from around 2009 on.  I mean a tone of people I have heard negitives about the lake.  Does anyone know anything about this either word of mouth or personal expiereance?

Jig_Head

Re: Yellowwood Lake, Brown County
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2013, 01:53 AM »
Ive never heard of it. Wheres it at? Without saying brown county lol. Im guessing not in northern indiana as u woulda probably got an answer by now

panfisherman

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2013, 06:31 AM »
It is YellowWood State Forest in Brown County Indiana. It did use to be a good bluegill lake. It is 130 acres. The problem with the bluegill population being low is due to the logging in that area in the past. Silt from the operation ran into the lake and filled nesting areas. Recently they started a dredging project their to clear up the silt that had filled the lake from years of logging. Their are no plans to haul out the silt so it will remain onsite.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2013, 07:09 AM »
Back in the 60's and 70's it was one of the best lakes for bluegills. I wondered what happened to it?
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

goathead

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2013, 06:32 PM »
I fished there last spring and found nice gills and redears, up to 9.5, lake is really nice with two launches. Have been renting different cabins in brown co. There are many lakes in the area, gonna try lemon lake on the next trip. Beautiful area to relax in.    Manny

portageredneck

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2013, 10:46 PM »
i'll be heading down to monroe on sat morning for the week....got a cabin at harden ridge for the week.....

bwalker

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Love Monroe and lemon I also ice fish the smaller lakes in Morgan Monroe forestry and the ones at brown county state park.  This was my first trip to yellowwood and even though I didnt do to well in the fishing department the scenery is second to none.  The guys up north may have clear natural lakes everywhere but we defiantly have the view down here.  Not that I wouldn't go for some more ice fish down here in the winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.