FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yaking it today  (Read 2648 times)

Teacherpreacher

Re: Yaking it today
« Reply #15 on: Jul 18, 2014, 04:00 PM »
Ha, ha Mike!! I keep my eyes on where you go!! ::)
I use snap swivels to quickly change lures, and no! the fish don't mind or get spooked. Also use  "Quick Snaps" when ice fishing or fly casting. Same results!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

crappiehunter

« Reply #16 on: Jul 18, 2014, 06:14 PM »
Tater sounds like a great solution! Teacher, I need some of this quick disconnects!
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

High Flags

« Reply #17 on: Jul 18, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Nice Mess mike looks like fun!

Boomer

« Reply #18 on: Jul 19, 2014, 07:55 AM »
Taking the yak out on Lake Michigan may not be as bad as you think.  We did it up at Pentwater, MI a couple of years ago. The waves were like two to three footers but the wavelength was much longer so you don't go through the wave but over the wave.

Confidence goes a long way in a yak and I can understand your safety issues.  I like the idea of trying to get back in your yak from different positions.  I keep telling my wife that we need to tip the yak over just to see what happens.

Have fun out there.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #19 on: Jul 19, 2014, 11:14 AM »
Would it make a difference on the type of Kayak?  I would feel safer in the one in which I was sitting down inside of, instead of the surf board type that you sit on top of.

Boomer

« Reply #20 on: Jul 19, 2014, 11:54 AM »
We have sit inside type of kayak.  I don't think we would go out in very big waves but when we did there were gentle rollers. Little scary at first then we relaxed and had some fun. I have had more problems being on inland lakes because the waves caused by boats have a shorter wavelength.

crappiehunter

« Reply #21 on: Jul 20, 2014, 06:02 AM »
Last year I took mine over to the beach on Stone, took it out in water over my head and tried to get in it. Couldn't. That settled it for me about the big lake. Also the challenge with Trail Creek are the high walls in the harbor. I think the sit on top kind are safer, you are not caught on side. Also would  be so easy lose a lot of tackle. I'd let any body try it sometime. A fun option 
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.