FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This Weeks Race  (Read 9051 times)

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
This Weeks Race
« on: Apr 30, 2005, 08:05 AM »
Lets use this thread for the weekly race debate.

I will start it off by saying, "where is the DEI power?" They didn't show anything in qualifying, but we all know they are pretty racey in the big pack. All Chevy front row,  but Dodge and Ford are also represented in the top 5. I picked 18th out of 20 for my fantasy racing league,  I went with Bobby Labonte. He is like cooked broccoli to a 5 year old in my league,  I am going for the long shot pick in the 18th spot. Funny thing, the race winner has been picked from the 18th hole twice this year, I am looking to extend the streak.
Back to the racing this weekend;  The standouts to me are the Penske Dodges'.  Kvapil qualifying in the top 10 at a plate track?  Seriously? Some other standouts are Blaney and Said, (a triple digit car in the race?) As I said, the lack of DEI power was somewhat of a surprise. The Roush camp being quiet is actually kind of scary. Let the racing Gods do their business,  "Let's go Racin Boys!"

Coldfeet

• MFF Mod Team
Re: This Weeks Race
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2005, 08:31 AM »
Mikey
DEI never qualifies a car in a qualifieing package they always go with their race package which  doesnt help them get a front row. DEI is still the cars to beat at restrictor plate races although Hendricks has been comeing on and of course you will have to watch out for Rouch raceing. For me I am a big Lil E fan and still can't figure out whats up with him this yr.  Even though they changed crews its the same shop and they should have the same notes about setups. Maybe with a little luck he might find his way to the front for his first win. By the way I heard Gordon put a snow plow on the front of his car to push his way to the front. 
Did you put the plug in the boat?

archbishop

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 05:39 PM »
gordon would have put a plow on during the race but robby loomis said it would be showing off too much ;D and i have to agree DEI never qualifies good the races are too long to worry about where you start from they like to get ready for the race not qualifying thats why they are always there at the end only time anyone talks about the pole is if your driver has it or your in a fantasy league like you said mike twice the winner has come from the 18th spot and today gordon was the first driver to win talladega from the front row and yea JR switched everything not only crews but cars and all but he may not have finished that great this year but hes still 9th in points like i said earlier its not where you start its where you finish

GO24

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:15 PM »
The switch was the worst thing that DEI could have done in the off season.  I blame it on Waltrip, heard he was winning like a girl on how Jr got all the good tips and cars, so jr said so just take my nuts and i will still win. well i guess he was wrong. It doesnt matter Kane is going to be the best driver ever. Now that he broke the ice w/ his first win, you watch i wouldnt be surprised if he wins this week as well.
I'll have a double Jack and Coke!!

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:51 PM »
no jr and jr couldnt get along thats why eury jr went to waltrip
family cant work for family eury jr says now there freinds again now that he doesnt work directly under his cousin

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 08:41 PM »
More like dumb and dumber. Jr had to take up the owner role alot sooner than the old man did and I think it put a hurtin on the old man's racing, just like it's hurting Jr. He needs to drive or own, not both. It's like a hooker marrying her pimp, can't work in the end.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 09:15 PM »
oh poor jr    gordon is part owner of his car and the 48 his problem is the size of his head he needs to be knocked out of contention and have fans boo him a couple of times before he realizes he is little E not big E then he can win a championship plus his mom runs everything and uncle tony eury sr
he just needs to come down off hid high horse just like every other great drivers kid none of them have done jack except maybe jarrett

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 05:27 PM »
Yeah it seems that the only thing that jr is good for in nascar right now is marketing especially when Gorden wins and everyone throws bud's at his car.

BOOB

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 06:07 PM »
Now this is coming from a Rusty fan But in defense of Jr. I dont think he's on a high horse or big headed. The MEDIA put him on a pedelstal not him. I think he's handled it quite well. Gordon is the driver of the century and also the snot monkey of the century. he he he

beerman

• mmmm..........Beer!!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 04:44 PM »
Oh i dont think he is big headed in any way but nascar sure uses him for alot of things.

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 04:54 PM »
Now this is coming from a Rusty fan But, Gordon is the driver of the century and also the snot monkey of the century. he he he

ROFLMAO, That is a good one BOOB. :clapping: Nice to see someone else who has the same views as I. :bowdown:

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2005, 07:41 AM »
yeah if i was a rusty fan i would not like gordon either i mean he has raced 10 years longer and has 3 championships and 21 wins less than gordon

and you say jr doesnt have a big head how many retards spin themselves out on purpose to bring out the caution so they dont go a lap down than brag about how good of a driver they are that they can do that without crashing to the media and then get docked 25 points for it

BOOB

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2005, 02:46 PM »
Didn't say he was smart.

BOOB

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Not gonna argue with a fool onlookers might not be able to tell the diffrence!!!!!!!

archbishop

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Didn't say he was smart.

i find it bigheaded that he was bragging about it and thinking he could get away with it he went far beyond not being smart

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.