FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Portage marina  (Read 3400 times)

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
Portage marina
« on: Apr 15, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Launched out of portage today. Headed west and set our lines in 35' of water. Had 2 good rips right off the bat and lost them both. Stayed deep for a while and nothing. Moved shallow and went 4 for 6 on coho. Valparaiso girl did the most damage! She also forgot to take her dremameane (sp)  ;D ... We still had fun!!! Thanks to all that helped us out with finding a few fish!

wallin

Re: Portage marina
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2015, 09:15 PM »
Glad you guys got out. That Valpo Girls nothing but trouble lol, Is she the Green girl now? Lol
Sat they were getting perch in 45 to 50 at Gary Light. Friend got 30 nice ones.
Sun we caught 1 perch and 3 coho.
Wallin

Be pro

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2015, 10:12 PM »
Good deal I just started to fish Lake Michigan last year u think I can find perch going out of Michigan city????

wallin

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2015, 07:34 AM »
Watch the boards, you will see when the Perch start up. Yes they get them out of Mich City too. Its spotty this time of year.
Patients and opportunity are the keys here. When they say there on you need to go then, for us that have demanding jobs its tough
anymore.
Wallin

fishcrazy

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2015, 10:18 AM »
Glad it all came together.  Water must not have been as calm as Tuesdays with the wind kicking a bit ehh?  Lake Michigan is a beautiful monster

Valparaiso_Girl

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2015, 12:16 PM »
Thanks for the fun time and putting up with some  :sick: .  Puking over the side and reeling in fish-- a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. 

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2015, 12:55 PM »
What a beauty! Silver as can be.

Valpo Girl - way to go. Hang in there - great smile.  Great pic. Would you do it again?  

Was it a little chilly or was it because of time of day?  Lake looks relatively calm.

Be pro

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2015, 02:19 PM »
Thanks for the info I did good last year almost a limit every time outta Michigan city just had to search found them one day in 75' of water 10-15' off the bottom I was just wondering if people go out this time of year if u ever r out and c a big red and white skeeter stop by and say hello norm just out on weekends I work daylite to dark I run a couple roofing crews so when weather sunny like today work a
Till dark good luck to all be safe on the big pond

Valparaiso_Girl

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2015, 06:11 PM »
What a beauty! Silver as can be.

Valpo Girl - way to go. Hang in there - great smile.  Great pic. Would you do it again?  

Was it a little chilly or was it because of time of day?  Lake looks relatively calm.

Thanks!  I wish the camera could have captured the nice blue color to those spring cohos.  Those are some beautiful fish.

Yes, I hope I get the opportunity to do it again.  The seasickness was a total surprise, and now I know I need to prepare for it, that's all.  I shouldn't have overlooked the importance of being well rested.  I was over tired from not sleeping well, and that apparently makes a person more susceptible to getting it.  I've heard good things about a patch; I'm going to look into that some more.

The weather was gorgeous.  The water was a bit choppy with rolling waves that would occasionally mist us.  There was a cool lake breeze in the air when the wind shifted. Also, I may have had a slight case of the chills from the bout of seasickness.   

wallin

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2015, 08:31 PM »
Bonine works great and better than dramamine. Most people I know use it.
Good luck. Chumley.
Wallin

crappiehunter

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2015, 09:04 PM »
Way to go guys and girls!! Sounds like a great memory!!
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

fisherben

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2015, 12:08 AM »
My wife gets sea sick on Higggins and the accpressure wrist bands work well for her.. You just have to put them on before the syptoms show up. No side effects of a pill to worry about. Way to fish through it nice cohos

stinkybaits

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17, 2015, 04:55 AM »
Ahhhhh sushi grade right there!!! Nice fish. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

fishcrazy

« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2015, 11:18 AM »
Grilled up some Coho last night with Cajun rub and some rou me lade sauce...oh man are they just sooo tasty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.