FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 2255 times)

abishop

WILLOW SLOUGH
« on: Aug 08, 2015, 05:50 PM »
Just curious, if anyone has been there lately? How are the weeds, and bite????

retired-uaw

Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2015, 10:31 AM »
WOW 103 VEIWS AND NO RESPONCES. :o
"WORK" is for people who don`t know how to "FISH"

trophytaker1

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2015, 11:33 AM »
Dont know where its at.

izzy65

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2015, 12:01 PM »
was there a few weeks ago. for me it was slow. weeds are just like ant other year, all over the place,
Satchmo

Blueultra2

« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Those 103 are looking for the same info as abishop without putting in the boat and finding out for themselves. Lol!!

izzy65

« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2015, 12:03 PM »
I hear that
Satchmo

abishop

« Reply #6 on: Aug 09, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Those 103 are looking for the same info as abishop without putting in the boat and finding out for themselves. Lol!!
  FYI For those that know me realize I contribute much more than most. Unfortunately, I am working a new job and don't have the time to get out maybe but once a month. The last few times out nada. Nothing for the table or freezer. Not my usual. Am I looking?  Possibly for a bit of info/but not from you. I know you are some of the few who can get out a couple times a week and seek out new territories without any help from your friends. GOOD FOR YOU.

abishop

« Reply #7 on: Aug 09, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Don't know where its at.
  This lake, (Murphy Lake ) known as Willow Slough is located in Newton County, In. Morocco, In. Just west of Rt. 41 at junction Rt. 14. 1300 acres of marsh that was originally only a hunting preserve for waterfowl. It turned into a great fishery.

bigr

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2015, 09:20 AM »
Thanks Abishop for all the info you do share. I for one appreciate it. This board really helps me in decision making whether to spend time,money,or effort. I like the challenge that comes with new places but some time it doesn't make good sense to take a shot in the dark. Heres my question about the slough, when does the weeds begin dying off and will the lake still be open for fishing?   

abishop

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2015, 09:25 AM »
The weeds usually start to die off after the lake closes for early teal season. It will open up after this for fishing again then close again when early duck season opens. This is when the fishing usually starts to pick up again. I am not sure as when the seasons open cause I have not hunted in a few years you can call for this info. (219-285-2704). GOOD LUCK.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.