FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: THEY'RE BACK!  (Read 1948 times)

wallydiven

• n.w. indiana
THEY'RE BACK!
« on: Apr 11, 2016, 07:30 PM »
Seems like the spring peepers were taking a break the last couple weeks but sounds like now spring has sprung. Anybody else notice they were sleeping?

fishcrazy

Re: THEY'RE BACK!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2016, 08:23 PM »
The sparrow war in my backyard didn't slow much. This morning it was battle royal again tho ;)

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2016, 09:27 PM »
Seems like the spring peepers were taking a break the last couple weeks but sounds like now spring has sprung. Anybody else notice they were sleeping?

Yeah but we have two heavy frost nights coming.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2016, 05:21 AM »
Left for work about 5:15 this morning and the robins were already sounding off. Lets hope these next couple days are it for the cold weather. I really get sick of scraping frost in april. Might start thinking about getting garden in by end of month.

staubsaugen

« Reply #4 on: Apr 12, 2016, 05:40 AM »
heard them last night peeping away, too.  we had one hold out who peep through most of the cold and sounded pretty lonely!

trophytaker1

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2016, 07:19 AM »
Got a swamp out my back door the peepers never quit. Sometimes in the summer at night its so loud its deafening.

FWCanoeFisher

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2016, 10:07 AM »
Left for work about 5:15 this morning and the robins were already sounding off. Lets hope these next couple days are it for the cold weather. I really get sick of scraping frost in april. Might start thinking about getting garden in by end of month.

Why scrape???  I found that it's much easier to get a bucket of lukewarm water and slowly dump it on the windshields and windows.  Don't do hot water, the thermal shock will crack the windshield.  Won't have to scrape again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.