FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This place is dead!  (Read 3339 times)

Turnbuckle

Re: This place is dead!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 08:29 AM »
I had taken the boat to Hartley to get some fab work done and Bradley picked it up or me after getting done haul one day. He put the stuff in the back of his truck thinking it wouldn't get pounded around as much.

Well it was one of the rainy and cold days this spring  (if you can believe that ) so he unhooked the boat with the intentions of me or him taking care of the rods the next day.  That morning he, dad and I went for a load of wood up country and his woman took his truck to school in Bangor not considering the stuff on back apparently.

She stopped at the holden irving and had stuff there still but then she parked at a friends apartment and it appears that is where it all grew legs. Homeowners is a no go and Brad checked his auto insurance and no go there either. He wanted to pay me for them because he felt bad but it's not anyone's fault really. Just one of those things. Well....I guess someone somewhere has some fault. Just not him or his woman lol  On the plus side it was my spare downrigger. On the down side I plugged my other two in yesterday for the first time and the circuits were screwed. Has happened twice since I bought them 3 years ago new. The first time 2 days into owning them. This time it happened in the closet over the winter apparently. Another expensive shipping trip and long wait back to.cannon.

Sorry to hear this horrible news.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

CLAMFARMER

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 05:46 AM »
Well that tides a wash. Literally.
I'm in the same boat for the moment Jim. I fished  real hard for a while and then a couple weeks ago bought a new boat. I was just about to start expensive process of rigging it and then I had 24 or so my rods and reels stolen. So now I'm kind of in limbo trying to decide which takes precedence. I've got asome old combos that I can squeeze by on but they ain't much. However I could have all my old ones back and they don't do me a whole lot of good if the boat's not properly rigged. so I'm not sure what to do with the moment. Throw money at a boat or throw money at rods and reels. I guess I better be deciding because I have a brown Tournament down your way May 22nd

Well either way you go with the $, you can know it will be good for the economy, for someone anyway.  ::) ;).  Shytttee deal, Everettt.
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

thedirtydirtyfisherman

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 07:59 AM »
thats awful everett, hope you let the police know.  Probably not a lot they can do but every now and then they will bust out a drug den or dealer and find a whole heap of stolen stuff...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.