FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This place is dead!  (Read 3338 times)

44 Degrees North

This place is dead!
« on: May 07, 2016, 03:05 PM »
That is all. :P

TunkTroller

Re: This place is dead!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Everyone is fishing for the weekend I'd say. You and I run on a different kind of schedule so we ain't used to that kind of planning. Giant tides,  and doubles on top of it. So I'm working today took the middle of the day to try to get some electrical issues worked out with my downriggers

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 03:58 PM »
Until yesterday, I hadn't fished in Maine since April 17.  Sunk a lot into that NY trip I went on.  Did OK around here yesterday.  11 fish day; nothing real big.  Some of the fish may show up in a post soon.   

TunkTroller

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 05:06 PM »
Well that tides a wash. Literally.
I'm in the same boat for the moment Jim. I fished  real hard for a while and then a couple weeks ago bought a new boat. I was just about to start expensive process of rigging it and then I had 24 or so my rods and reels stolen. So now I'm kind of in limbo trying to decide which takes precedence. I've got asome old combos that I can squeeze by on but they ain't much. However I could have all my old ones back and they don't do me a whole lot of good if the boat's not properly rigged. so I'm not sure what to do with the moment. Throw money at a boat or throw money at rods and reels. I guess I better be deciding because I have a brown Tournament down your way May 22nd

Turnbuckle

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Have not replaced my boat, and wife just broke her foot and can't walk or drive for 8 weeks so I'm essentially running kids around all the time. The good news I bailed out of work Friday and headed to Rangeley and fished the rivers and wailed on some giant brook trout for the day. Could be better, could be worse.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

bee

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 05:38 PM »
The fishing isn't. Almost 300 the last 2 days.

Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 06:28 PM »
That stinks.  Hate hearing stuff like that >:(  Hope things work out going forward.

I had 24 or so my rods and reels stolen.

44 Degrees North

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 07:38 PM »
All I had to do was rattle the cage.

seamonkey84

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 08:00 PM »
Well my week off was mostly rainy. Been playing with these dinky 7-8" Browns they been stocking, they're small this year but they are in good shape and have nice fins. The comming weeks with nice weather I'll be able to bring my little boat out finally.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

TunkTroller

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 08:44 PM »
That stinks.  Hate hearing stuff like that >:(  Hope things work out going forward.

I had a pile of people watching the market quietly for awhile but I'd say nothing is going to surface if it hasn't yet. I'll post the list in case you come across some for sale cheaper than they should be or something.

4 of them were shimano tekota 300 line counters. 2 with maxima ultra green and 2 with green braid. On shimano telora rods

2 were 500 tekota lcs with 3 colors of lead over mono. On shimano tdr rods

Had 2 okuma cold waters with 6 colors of lead. On yellow starfire rods

Then 2 okuma cold water low profiles with maxima ultra green on them. Both on custom spiral eyed downrigger rods. Ones blue ones red. Both have cork the same color as the rod. They are unique and nobody else should have one

4 were shimano gt 1000 mooching reels. 2 have copper line, one has leadcore and the other had ultragreen. I can't remember the rods exactly. 2 were daiwa heartlands for sure. Maybe one shimano mooching rod and maybe a starfire

. 2 were abu garcia 6500 lc with black braid. They are both on custom rods made by fish doctor charters  Ernie Lavigne

One abu garcia alphamar with green braid. It's on a Gary morales Lamiglass kokanee rod

2 ll bean trolling fly rods with daiwa m-one mooching reels and sinking fly line.

The rest were daiwa sealine 17bs with ultragreen or fluoro. There was one cabelas whopping stock and the rest were lamiglass downrigger rods.

They also got one cannon digi-troll 10.

franklin fisher

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 09:32 PM »
The fishing isn't. Almost 300 the last 2 days.

Nice ones bee.  You have been hammering them.

44 Degrees North

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 02:17 AM »
Anyway you can get that covered under homeowners ins.? You didn't say whether it was picked out of your house or boat.
I had a pile of people watching the market quietly for awhile but I'd say nothing is going to surface if it hasn't yet. I'll post the list in case you come across some for sale cheaper than they should be or something.

4 of them were shimano tekota 300 line counters. 2 with maxima ultra green and 2 with green braid. On shimano telora rods

2 were 500 tekota lcs with 3 colors of lead over mono. On shimano tdr rods

Had 2 okuma cold waters with 6 colors of lead. On yellow starfire rods

Then 2 okuma cold water low profiles with maxima ultra green on them. Both on custom spiral eyed downrigger rods. Ones blue ones red. Both have cork the same color as the rod. They are unique and nobody else should have one

4 were shimano gt 1000 mooching reels. 2 have copper line, one has leadcore and the other had ultragreen. I can't remember the rods exactly. 2 were daiwa heartlands for sure. Maybe one shimano mooching rod and maybe a starfire

. 2 were abu garcia 6500 lc with black braid. They are both on custom rods made by fish doctor charters  Ernie Lavigne

One abu garcia alphamar with green braid. It's on a Gary morales Lamiglass kokanee rod

2 ll bean trolling fly rods with daiwa m-one mooching reels and sinking fly line.

The rest were daiwa sealine 17bs with ultragreen or fluoro. There was one cabelas whopping stock and the rest were lamiglass downrigger rods.

They also got one cannon digi-troll 10.

TunkTroller

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 04:44 AM »
I had taken the boat to Hartley to get some fab work done and Bradley picked it up or me after getting done haul one day. He put the stuff in the back of his truck thinking it wouldn't get pounded around as much.

Well it was one of the rainy and cold days this spring  (if you can believe that ) so he unhooked the boat with the intentions of me or him taking care of the rods the next day.  That morning he, dad and I went for a load of wood up country and his woman took his truck to school in Bangor not considering the stuff on back apparently.

She stopped at the holden irving and had stuff there still but then she parked at a friends apartment and it appears that is where it all grew legs. Homeowners is a no go and Brad checked his auto insurance and no go there either. He wanted to pay me for them because he felt bad but it's not anyone's fault really. Just one of those things. Well....I guess someone somewhere has some fault. Just not him or his woman lol  On the plus side it was my spare downrigger. On the down side I plugged my other two in yesterday for the first time and the circuits were screwed. Has happened twice since I bought them 3 years ago new. The first time 2 days into owning them. This time it happened in the closet over the winter apparently. Another expensive shipping trip and long wait back to.cannon.

LostOne

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 05:15 AM »
I had taken the boat to Hartley to get some fab work done and Bradley picked it up or me after getting done haul one day. He put the stuff in the back of his truck thinking it wouldn't get pounded around as much.

Well it was one of the rainy and cold days this spring  (if you can believe that ) so he unhooked the boat with the intentions of me or him taking care of the rods the next day.  That morning he, dad and I went for a load of wood up country and his woman took his truck to school in Bangor not considering the stuff on back apparently.

She stopped at the holden irving and had stuff there still but then she parked at a friends apartment and it appears that is where it all grew legs. Homeowners is a no go and Brad checked his auto insurance and no go there either. He wanted to pay me for them because he felt bad but it's not anyone's fault really. Just one of those things. Well....I guess someone somewhere has some fault. Just not him or his woman lol  On the plus side it was my spare downrigger. On the down side I plugged my other two in yesterday for the first time and the circuits were screwed. Has happened twice since I bought them 3 years ago new. The first time 2 days into owning them. This time it happened in the closet over the winter apparently. Another expensive shipping trip and long wait back to.cannon.
  So sorry to hear of all the great, and obviously precious gear that you had stolen from you, but I have to say that your attitude towards the situation and the way you casually dismiss any fault by your friend and his "woman"...well, that's inspiring.  :) Classy, is the way I would describe it.
  I sure hope you get your gear back, and I also hope Karma wastes no time teaching the thief or thieves a hard lesson.
You can\'t catch them, if you don\'t go.

fish wayniac

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 08:22 AM »
Not as dead as the West Virginia site. May of 2012!

Tunk sorry about your loss of fishing gear. Alot of scumbags out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.