FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wrong Pontoon boat update...  (Read 964 times)

LundProv

Wrong Pontoon boat update...
« on: Sep 03, 2016, 08:12 PM »
Thanks to everyone for commenting on how they would respond to the dilema that I faced when the pontoon boat I ordered on 6-6-16 arrived the third week of August, only to be the wrong color boat.  So, the bottom line is that I ordered from the color schemes the dealer gave me including the fence and the flooring and the vinyl for the seats.  Apparently, the snafu was when the change over came and they started making 2017 boats. I specifically like a blue color from 2016 and they changed the blue color and also the available bimini top color and boat cover color.  The salesperson did apologize after a few days and told me he saw the color change at the dealers meeting but did not think twice about it.  I reminded him that I could have simply taken either a black or a tan out of his inventory but I really like the blue they offered.  So, the only dilemma now is that I ordered a 24 v minn kota trolling system and power cord/transducer for my Lowrance equipment from my Lund and the dealership took the initiative to install this stuff before I saw the color problem. I don't really blame them as they were just trying to install this stuff as soon as possible so that I could take delivery on this boat.  The problem of course is that it is the wrong boat and for $27000, I should be able to find what I want.  So, no one from the dealership is putting any pressure on my to make a move.  They know the summer window is about over and I feel like I will start all over again.  I went to the same store the other day to do some shopping and I saw the wrong pontoon boat sitting there again and my mind was taking me to try to settle for this color.  My friends encourage me to ask them how much more of a discount I could expect for accepting the wrong color.  At this stage in life, I was content with what I was spending and money isn't everything.  My friends from church asked me how the color of the boat would affect my level of enjoyment on the water with this.  Sorry for all the drama but I have always appreciated your imput and opinions...  We shall see...

taxid

Re: Wrong Pontoon boat update...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 04, 2016, 02:47 PM »
A friend in Alpena, Michigan has something similar happen. He was supposed to get a galvanized trailer and when the pontoon came in the trailer wasn't galvanized. Not sure what came of it. Will have to ask.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.