FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing question  (Read 2276 times)

troop19

Fishing question
« on: Jun 14, 2005, 06:15 PM »
Hello I am wondering if anybody has any Idea what the largest freshater fish is ever caught and also sea fishing

thanks

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
Re: Fishing question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:19 PM »
Are you looking for weight or length?  the Grass Carp is the heaviest at 50 lbs,(Idk if you would say the largest Striper is considered fresh or salt at 51 lbs) and I would have to say Musky if you are talking length.  I have no idea about saltwater though.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Largest freshwater ever caught would have to be a sturgeon or alligator gar, both of which have tipped the scales at well over 200lbs in different areas of the world.

Saltwater is the same thing, marlins and tunas have tipped the scales at well over 1000lbs and there are defiantly bigger fish roaming the oceans of the world.

BTW AJ, The current world record striper was taken from a jetty down in Atlantic City, NJ and was a mere few ounces shy of 70lbs.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Spleen1666

« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2005, 05:59 PM »
The largest "fish" in the ocean is the Whale Shark.  It reaches the size of a large bus.  Weighs about 15 tons.  Too bad it only eats small fish, zooplankton, and squid.

http://www.sharks.com/types-of-sharks/whale-shark.htm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.