FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Iced Over  (Read 2559 times)

troop19

Iced Over
« on: Jun 14, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Hey when the waters are frozen over who does lice fishing and where at and if you use shanty or are you broke like me

devil-man

Re: Iced Over
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2005, 07:47 PM »
I've never fished for lice.  :D
I think almost everyone here came from IceShanty.com
It's where it all began.

AJ Agnor

• Team Mercer
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:20 PM »
As apart of Team Mercer, I ice fish all over and all the time!

TJ Bauer

• LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:40 PM »
I live in Minnesota that what we do from December to March. I live on the lake so I actualy have a fish trap as my portable and then we have our big house which is 10 x 12, and that has a heater, cooking stove, a restroom, and two bunks to sleep on.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:44 AM »
Real ice fisherman use no shanty.  ;)

I ice fish all over the state. When the ice is good I'm down south targeting huge bass on Lake Assupink and the rest of the time I'm north targeting pike and muskies.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2005, 04:07 PM »
Real ice fisherman use no shanty.  ;)

I ice fish all over the state. When the ice is good I'm down south targeting huge bass on Lake Assupink and the rest of the time I'm north targeting pike and muskies.

I've been using portable shanties for about 20 years and they are invaluable if you use rod and reel. When the wind is blowing across the ice you can watch your line and rod tip. When it's -18 and you're in your shanty with a heater again it's invaluable. To me my shanty works the same as a sled hauling my gear with the added benefit of protection from the wind.  ;)
The only drawback is weight ! 
Those who are brave are free ..       

wormwigglr

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2005, 05:04 PM »
real ice fisherman use shanties, it is just the broke ice fisherman who don't  ;D

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2005, 10:41 AM »
I guess I must just be one of those broke ice fisherman then.  ;)

So far I've only been out once where it was cold enough that I would have wanted a shanty so thats why I don't see a need for one personally.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Ice Shanties are just another "Tool" in the Icefishermans arsenal.  Same as the Vexilar and Aqua-views.  I utilize all three and have noticed a substantial increase in the amount of fish I ice.  I've used my shanty on beautiful days that it was almost to hot to fish with the cover flipped down (Fish Trap Pro) but the sight fishing was increadable.  Same with the underwater camera, being able to sight fish in 20-30 FOW.  What you learn from observing the fish while teasing them with a jig and seeing how they react is priceless.  Could or can you catch fish without these.....absolutely as they are just tools as stated to help you catch more fish.

Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.