FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Need advice on fifth wheel  (Read 1757 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Need advice on fifth wheel
« on: Aug 15, 2005, 07:57 PM »
hey fellow anglers just need some advice whether my 1994 F150 4X4 302 engine can pull the following?

It's a 18ft Prowler that weighs very little. 3000lbs max but I am looking to pull a 14ft Lund behind it. Your thoughts? I have a tranny cooler on my truck and rear end to pull. Still worried though.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
Re: Need advice on fifth wheel
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2005, 09:22 PM »
read you owners manual and see what that says on the max. weight the truck can pull.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2005, 09:30 PM »
Yo shrub I'm being lazy buddy. Hoping that someone would have some advice. Your right though that would be the smart thing to do. I am not worried about the trailer it's the boat that I am worried about.  :-\ :-\

OTIS

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Is that legal?  You're going to look like that TV commercial.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2005, 06:15 PM »
Lost me on that one Otis :-\ :-\ :-\

OTIS

« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2005, 07:10 AM »
I see a commercial all the time where a guy is towing a camper and has a boat hitched to that, and a couple of four wheelers on a trailer hitched to that, and I think another trailer hitched to that.  I think it's for a gas station or a motor oil.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Mikepike

« Reply #6 on: Sep 04, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Depends where you plan on going. If you just plan on going to the highway-accesable laks you should be alright. My dad drives a 1980 Ford f-150, with 350 HP and it pulls our 3 ton boat, ice hut trailer, and virtually anything we want. (well maybe the 44" tires help)

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Hey Mac. Here in Manitoba we can as long as it is a fifth wheel. Any other type of camper is prohibited.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.