FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This weeks pick??  (Read 77766 times)

CNY Farmer

Re: This weeks pick??
« Reply #165 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:45 AM »
theirs no doubt about the young drivers, but theres only a handfull, and how many races have they won this year ???

i doubt hell get 2 more championships but who knows with the new rules, all you have to do is be in the top 10 and you golden, in the old days he wouldn't have a chance this year, but the most your out now is 50 points, but i bet this year itll either be the 24, 48, 20, 17, or 29, other than that its just ok drivers, as for the 100 wins, i figure hell get at least 2 more this year, putting him at least 77 wins, thats only 23 more over the rest of his career, say 8 more years thats just under 3 wins a year :tipup:

Yea but the 50 points back can disappear in a hurry if they have a bad race.. Look what Rusty did last year then gets to the chase and all HELL breaks loose
I'd rather be fishing instead of milking!!!!

Anchorman

« Reply #166 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Arch,
Your saying Gordon "owns" Johnsons car. If Jimmy wins this championship, or any other, lets see who's banner he wins it under? Gordon, or Hendrick? Every time Jimmy wins a race he's thanking his crew chief and Rick Hendrick, not Jeff.
He's not the force he used to be, because the field is just that even. You can make excuses for him, and blame it on his crew chief, or divorce,or whatever but he ain't all that anymore.
I seem to recall him saying that ever since the spoiler got shorter and they started playing more with the tires, that he could'nt get a feel for the car anymore.
What happened is that Jimmy got the cheating crew chief and not Jeff. ;D
Anchorman

archbishop

« Reply #167 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Here's a nice little tidbit on Flame-O...courtesy of nascar.com,,,just listed today on the "by the numbers" article:

>>283 -- Times Jeff Gordon has been passed in the last three California races, more than any other driver. His average finish is 21.3 in those three races.

Here's hoping this trend continues...sorry Arch....Esox

thats ok, he has the race record there, along with the most wins (3) no one else has 2 :tipup:
3 wins and 5 top 5's in 12 races with an over all finish of 12.3, take away those 3 races and your talking about a bad man, heck everyone has a bad race or two out of 12 :tipup:

Anchorman

« Reply #168 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:49 AM »
Hey, theres no picking and choosing. If we could take away the 01 daytona 500, we'd all still have Earnhardt too. But that ain't happening either.

Anchorman

« Reply #169 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Anyway, I think this weekend will be a dogfight between the 16,99,9,and the5.

archbishop

« Reply #170 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:51 AM »
the team is hendrick, scroll down to car owner :tipup:

http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/jjohnson00/cup/index.html

he thanks the team, not the owner :tipup:

i dont need to make excuses, the numbers speak for themselves, 4 championships, only twice in 13 years out of the top 10, and sitting 5th in points now :tipup:

Hey, theres no picking and choosing. If we could take away the 01 daytona 500, we'd all still have Earnhardt too. But that ain't happening either.

your right, but its also picking and choosing just bringing up those 3 races, isnt it ???

archbishop

« Reply #171 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Anyway, I think this weekend will be a dogfight between the 16,99,9,and the5.

i like the 9 and 5 :tipup:

although i think the 16 and 99 are just driving for pride and 11th place, so they will either start kicking butt or be really reckless for the win and take themselves or others out ???

they are 250+ points out ???
shame, i kinda like carl :tipup:

Anchorman

« Reply #172 on: Aug 31, 2006, 11:58 AM »
yeah, but we're bringing those 3 up because they happened and ARE part of his average, not because "what if they did'nt happen".
We're discussing facts, not hypothetical situations.
Jimmy thanks" Rick Hendricks, and this whole Hendricks motorsports organization."  He never says "Jeff Gordon"

archbishop

« Reply #173 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:05 PM »
yeah, but we're bringing those 3 up because they happened and ARE part of his average, not because "what if they did'nt happen".
We're discussing facts, not hypothetical situations.
Jimmy thanks" Rick Hendricks, and this whole Hendricks motorsports organization."  He never says "Jeff Gordon"

well then, in a whole, his average is 12.3 with 3 wins, the only one to win more than once :tipup:

thats how everyone thanks people, does robby gordon thank himself ???
does travis kvapil thank calvin wells or PPI motorsports? etc...

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #174 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Hey Arch, I actually think Gordon has a solid shot at this weekends race. :-[ I believe it will be a top 5 for sure. In fact, I bet there are 3 Hendrick cars in the Top 10. :-\ The only hole I see in that theory is engine longevity, this track is hard on engines. I am still sticking with my pick; BIFFLE!!! :thumbup_smilie: :flex: There will also be 3 Rousch cars in the top 10, guess that means that there is only room for the 2 RCR cars left. So, when you add up my numbers, Newman is only fast for one lap at best, just like every other track. :rotflol: :unsure: :pinch:

Mike :afro:

archbishop

« Reply #175 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:20 PM »

I LOVE NASCAR :tipup:

you dont see any opf the other sports getting into it like this, the disagreements, the fact tossing, the all aound BS'ing of the sport, heck even the red sox and yankees fans arent this passionate about their teams :tipup:

archbishop

« Reply #176 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:21 PM »
im not sure of the win? hes too into big picture racing the next 2 weeks, but if its there in front of him, he will jump on it

archbishop

« Reply #177 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:22 PM »
Thank em for what!!! ;) ;)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

i should have said, during pre race :laugh:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #178 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Thank em for what!!! ;) ;)

OMG, that is classic. :clapping: Could be the drugs though Matt, I hear Hmeils team members are still there and have quite the side operation going. :pinch: ( this little tidbit has been brought to you by me through a conversation with a crew member for another Nextel Cup Team. this rumor is complete hearsay as far as I know, but it is fact that I heard it ) :unsure: :wacko: :whistling:

Mike :cookoo:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #179 on: Aug 31, 2006, 12:26 PM »
im not sure of the win? hes too into big picture racing the next 2 weeks, but if its there in front of him, he will jump on it

That is straight wuss racin, ya ask me. Think Richard Petty ever raced that way?? ???

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.