FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stuart Lake Derby...  (Read 4145 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
Stuart Lake Derby...
« on: Mar 22, 2006, 11:36 PM »
On Canada day weekend in early July guys and gals. My buddy is looking to repeat. I'm looking to dethrone him ;D

holmes76

Re: Stuart Lake Derby...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29, 2006, 04:54 PM »
sounds fun but stuart is a pretty big lake for my 8ft dinghy.. :)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2006, 10:54 PM »
But you can't sink your dinghy. I have a 13fter inflatable and it still floats when its right full of water and gear.

Fishnutz

« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2006, 10:47 AM »
Hey TGF, are you heading out there May long weekend? As always we will be at Pinchie bay. Should try and hook up if you're around. Later homeslice :afro:

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2006, 08:53 AM »
Welcome over on the soft side Fishnutz. Do you have a cabin at Pinchi?

Fishnutz

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2006, 10:03 PM »
 Nope, but a friend does and we go out there every Maylong.  ;D

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2006, 09:43 AM »
Have fun buddy and watch out for the bicardi brothers. They tend to pull you away from fishing ;D

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Hey TGF you can count me in for the derby....are you going to do some pre-tracking out there too? Just let me know what days and I'll book them all off...
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

Fishnutz

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2006, 11:23 PM »
Who won and how big? I tried but couldn't even enter my biggest fish :cursing:. Always next year, I guess.

tbone

• Canadian
« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2006, 03:04 PM »
The ol' Finlander got 3rd with a 8.5 lb. bow....first and second were close at 10.9 and 10.7 i think. Lots of lakers though....hard to keep them off.... 8) what a scortcher it was...
TEAM BRITISH COLUMBIA

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2006, 03:59 PM »
PICS! Come on boys! Pics!

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2006, 07:01 PM »
I got 1st in the loser category ;D Which works out to 4th overall. 25 and a bit inches rainbow. A hair under 7 llbs (6.950 lbs to be exact). Next year the son and I will take it I hope. Going to bring the fish to us ;) ;) ;).
2nd, 3rd and 4th place fish were all caught in front of my cabin so I was in the right area.
Raimo (Icechip) got 3rd place for 1000$. I was giving him a ribbing for slicing up his 27.5 inch bow. He was so excited to win 1000$ he forgot about MFF tourney ;D He says he will get more. Son and I were on the water (not fishing) on Tuesday and saw a huge bow finning right beside the boat. Guess it was close to 15lbs :P
Pics.... well, when I fish a derby, I fish a derby. I don't take pics, however after the day was done on Saturday I did take a pic for MFF tourney of my 25 incher however the wife went to Narrow lake with her buddies from work and since its her digital camera, she took it there. Mine are on 35mm so have to get processed then onto disc. Stay tuned. Oh and caught a little kokanee (8 inch) so will open that category on tourney.
Was going to go another 76 kms north to remote laker lake to catch a monster for the anything category but forest fire in area as could see from Stuart lake. Icechip and I will try and get to in August when it is cooler.

PGKris

« Reply #12 on: Jul 05, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Your kokanee will be eclipsed ;) Damned tourney should have started in May :( I caught my usual half dozen 20-22" whitefish. Now they've all gone poof back inot the lakes. Going to be stuck with 15-17" again like last year. Soon as the weather cools down I'm going to make a couple trophy trips to get the rainbow category. Tight Lines
Kris

Sailing team

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Jul 05, 2006, 11:42 PM »
Yes many BC boys are catching bows 24 plus inches. Were just sitting back letting New York points swell up some :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: Plus forgetting to get pics ;D
Tbone and I may make a trip down south again to catch a 22-24 inch kokanee. Tbone? Tbone...get your head out of the fur :cookoo:

PGKris

« Reply #14 on: Jul 06, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Screw you and your kokanee! Take me with you &^%$##$%*&^$#!!!!  :cursing: :cursing:

:rotflol:

Sailing team

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.