FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake saint George  (Read 2134 times)

jp

Lake saint George
« on: Apr 10, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Went to Lake saint George with brookiespecial on sunday. A good time was had despite the poor fishing. 

we started at the top and worked our way down.  not much action up top but we started to get some hits once we got down there a ways. only boated one small salmon and it was not on the infamous DB smelt that struck out for us.

me with the only fish of the day

Jeremy

Tougeslayer

Re: Lake saint George
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Nice fish,  had a 16" on the stringer last year first fish ( from Maine) of the season, went to virgina and caught alot of small bass, went down to the end of the lake and back and the fish came off the stringer ceaned and every thing thought my dad was playing a trick on me ( just jelous that I beat him to the first fish) but he wasnt the stringer cut throuh his gill plate and he fell off.  The salmon are fat in their this year my dad caught a fat 15" opening day.  Going back friday maybe will see you their well be in a 14' red lund fishing planer boards.  Got To Love Spring Salmon good luck to all and tight lines
Turkey hunting or Salmon fishing. 
Call in sick and do both all day.
Got to love spring cast and blast

Brookiespecial

• Cast and Blast!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Hey, that was an awesome day Jeremy, thanks. That picture came out pretty good, I wish my fishing skills were as good as the photography skills. Ha ha ha, anyways, some guys were there yest. from school. They said they got 2 short salmon dragging flies right on top. Isn't that weird? We couldnt buy a fish on top. Said they got them right infront of the boat launch. Oh well. I guess those Maine made DB SMELT can't handle the Japanese Yo-Zuri power. Most hits came on the Yo-Zuri's including that fish. Jer, let me know when you want to hook up again, that was a good time.

Justin

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:06 AM »
do you guys use the bigger sized yo-zuris or the really small one?

Brookiespecial

• Cast and Blast!!
« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Pin's Minnow. These things are awesome! Hey man, we still gotta hook up and fish, remember? Now its been a year and a half. I will be home the next two weekends, maybe then.

Justin

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Yeh I have the pins minnow, mine are like 3 inches long...but they also had some that were like 2"

Check your PM's in a couple minutes...

jp

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2006, 11:32 AM »
We were running the 3". I have never tried the smaller ones.

Tougeslayer- do you have any luck with planer boards on St George?  I see a few people useing them on sun. .

Jeremy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.