FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 524635 times)

gotagetm

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #5055 on: Aug 12, 2023, 05:29 AM »
Yea bob I think as with everything..you find what works best for you....I know I'll be doing your method this fall I do some things what people would call" unorthodox " way of doing things but ...hey...works for me!

Mac Attack

« Reply #5056 on: Aug 12, 2023, 09:13 AM »
He is on South Vancouver Island.
So, it never really freezes.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5057 on: Aug 12, 2023, 01:19 PM »
Main reason I don’t pay a whole lot of attention to YouTube instructional. Gardening or golf.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #5058 on: Aug 12, 2023, 01:54 PM »
So you’re the guy!

;)

gotagetm

« Reply #5059 on: Aug 12, 2023, 03:06 PM »
Yup...he is !  :D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5060 on: Aug 12, 2023, 07:20 PM »
Maybe here….maybe.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

62 & Done

« Reply #5061 on: Aug 13, 2023, 05:50 PM »
You guys have got me thinking  Hmmmm   If I don't plant so many cucumbers and potatoes next year, I'll have some room left for some later plantings. Sure would like to see another crop of snow peas and beet greens. Actually, I should have pulled out some cukes as I had WAY too many to start with. My mistake. 

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5062 on: Aug 14, 2023, 09:51 AM »
Yup! My beans are all popping up, snow peas, second crop of potatoes is going strong, spinach sprouted and the Brussels sprouts are coming up. Tried sprouts a couple times before without any luck. Maybe third time is the charm. Oh yeah and carrots are sprouting.

Haven’t had to water much. Been getting enough rain.

gotagetm

« Reply #5063 on: Aug 14, 2023, 10:30 AM »
Did some tilling gonna be planting stuff later

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5064 on: Aug 14, 2023, 11:54 AM »
Nice to see you keeping busy Ben.

DONT FORGET TO GO FISHING!

gotagetm

« Reply #5065 on: Aug 14, 2023, 12:03 PM »
O definitely bob going to Erie in morning...don't care if raining ( will keep jetskis and pleasure boats) at bay and pretty soon chasing perch all around!!!

piscesman

« Reply #5066 on: Aug 15, 2023, 07:05 PM »
For our lack of undersize and few garlic bulbs we have been awarded an abundance of other veggies. Beans wax & blue lake have been producing for 6 weeks and no signs of slowing up. A green pepper plant has produced 4 peppers so far and has branched out 8 more little ones I can see. Sweet banana peppers producing like rabbits. Have to pick a handful every 4-5 days as not to get overgrown and tough. Tomatoes, we may be part Italian....... Peas doing well too. Basil, 2 varieties have been good to us as well as Rosemary. The wife has cooked down 2 bowls of them and it's the tip of the iceberg. Not complaining by no means. Next year not so many tomatoes as we can't eat them all and relatives not interested. Thanks for your patience....
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Dirt23

« Reply #5067 on: Aug 16, 2023, 05:37 AM »
When you got an over abundance of anything can it.  Homemade tomato sauce, ketchup, salsa all so much better when crafted with your extra maters

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5068 on: Aug 16, 2023, 06:23 AM »
Sweet Kim..👍   
We will be canning soon. Chili sauce, Zucchini relish, tomato sauce and some pickles..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

gotagetm

« Reply #5069 on: Aug 16, 2023, 06:30 AM »
Definitely will be doing sauce...my brother started me some of my plants this spring...and half of my Roma plants have purple tomatoes lol. That should make some interesting sauce...we've had about 10 hours of rain yesterday and this morning and with hot weather co.ing stuff will really be taking off...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.