FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GOBIES  (Read 10954 times)

KingPerch

Re: GOBIES
« Reply #30 on: Jul 11, 2009, 09:34 AM »
more mid east  really thing is dealing with  them and weather ya call it ballast or  bulge water  same differance  gobies are still a big problem, hopefully like zebra's the fear  is worse then the outcome ,i don't think culling them is  going to have a impact on them ,but it won't hurt.... well i'm off to lake ontario before the storms  ,going gobie fishing!!!!! if i can keep them darn small mouths off :)) have a good day
Good Luck Gobie fishing Trap!! I had the same problem on Friday with Jr. and My daughter, couldn't keep the largemouths off the hook. It was rumbling here early this morning, Be careful out there Buddy!! :)--KingPerch
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #31 on: Jul 11, 2009, 02:09 PM »
king perch  i really hit the gobies i was at least 50 fish over my limit so i hid then under my seat! only got a few of then  stinking smallies before it was the dash  for shore had fun tho :) lets  keep the hot gobie spots hush on here or the "lurkers" will be all over us !!!! remeber  how we got busted on over the bobbers!!!!!!!! lol  fish on bro ,fish on
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #32 on: Jul 12, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Hey Trap! I was just wondering how do you prepare your gobies for eating, I heard there Delicious with a side of small mouth bass. I don't think there is a limit yet on those things, But you better be careful what your saying, that will be the next thing that will have a limit on it !! ;)--KingPerch

Keith becker

• borntofish
« Reply #33 on: Jul 13, 2009, 08:07 AM »
walleyes love them things

KingPerch

« Reply #34 on: Jul 13, 2009, 01:43 PM »
walleyes love them things
Yes, They do!!

trapper2000

« Reply #35 on: Jul 13, 2009, 08:39 PM »
i like my gobies sunbaked  on the bank maybe add a little snakehead on the side .......

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #36 on: Jul 14, 2009, 04:23 PM »
in rivers and streams there is a native relative of the goby, it's called a mottled sculpin, it's a great indicator of good water quality and trout love 'em, gobies however, are an invasive species, they eat the eggs of smallmouth bass, so next spawning season either drop a real goby or some sort of imitation into the nest of a big one and you'll usually get a bite, whether from anger, defense of their nest, or just from being hungry i don't exactly know, but it does work.

KingPerch

« Reply #37 on: Jul 14, 2009, 04:42 PM »
i like my gobies sunbaked  on the bank maybe add a little snakehead on the side .......
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! Do you flip them halfway through or just overeasy?

trapper2000

« Reply #38 on: Jul 14, 2009, 06:55 PM »
if ya wait and it's a hot and sunnyday they turn into soup right in front of you! and sculptons are not in the same family of fish .

gowiejr

• Ahh..smallmouths my favorite
« Reply #39 on: Jul 14, 2009, 07:03 PM »
I've become a master at catching gobies....lol
Fishing and Hunting any questions????

skulldugary

« Reply #40 on: Jul 15, 2009, 07:38 AM »
They are real bait robbing little turds for sure.We caught plenty of them on Erie's Brest Bay.We just chucked them in the splash tray in the back of the boat and feed them to the Gulls.

KingPerch

« Reply #41 on: Jul 15, 2009, 03:38 PM »
I've become a master at catching gobies....lol
I would have to say Trapper could run anybody at gobie fishing!!! ;D And He's not too bad at bobber casting into willow tree branches!! I witnessed it first hand! ;) Hey Trap!, When we going fishing again? Had a great day last time. Let me know. Gonna try and sneak out next week for a day. Business is crazy right now,  but................ ::)--KingPerch

trapper2000

« Reply #42 on: Jul 15, 2009, 09:53 PM »
i'm beating the water everyday man i do have a few gobie hot spots  man i'm so glad they stocked these things!!!!!!!! i wonder if i toss a few in my pond if they would take!!!!! i may even keep a few in my fish tank and  see how big they get anyways just tell me when bro

taxid

« Reply #43 on: Jul 16, 2009, 06:11 AM »
... and sculptons are not in the same family of fish .

What's a "sculpton?"  ???  Oh you mean sculpin!  ;D

Panfisherman13  didn't say they were in the same family. He said they are a native relative. Just looking at the two you can tell they are similar.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

trapper2000

« Reply #44 on: Jul 16, 2009, 09:32 AM »
"in rivers and streams there is a native relative of the goby, it's called a mottled sculpin",<<<<(i believe the term relative in websters dict. states family memeber)  they may look alittle alike  but  much differnt ,again tax you amaze me with your ability to pick out others mistakes ....lol  anyways  perchking i'm ready for a day fishing with you i filled the bag with bobbers  a extra thermas of coffee and  bale money in case  snagger shows up!!!! finally got the boat all rigged up   too ,thay'll never take us alive !!!!!!!!! FISH ON  hey tax  ya wanna go? your welcome , get ya way from google and those fish ponds and  let ya enjoy some good company....laterrrrrrrrr (thinks  this guy spends to much time  on computor and not enough in a boat )

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.