FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wyoming Game and Fish RIP_OFF  (Read 7439 times)

augergas

Re: wyomming game and fish RIP_OFF
« Reply #15 on: Apr 20, 2010, 01:34 PM »
I think the new invasive species act is great, and will probably help reduce the amount of areas that become affected by such things as the zebra mussell.

But, I do agree that it is stupid to charge non-residents the extra money.  They do pay the higher prices for their licenses already, and seems unfair to charge more for the invasive species sticker.  For example:  A non-resident doesn't have to pay higher tolls at tolls such as E470 in colorado.  G&F charges for everything now, even charge a modest 50cents for your HIP permit, which is a survey they require you to do.  I support the G&F, but just because they implement new changes doesn't mean everyone has to agree with them.  They make bad decisions just like everyone.

Baiter

The boater is paying for the cost of the inspection, right? I am assuming that the G & F will have to inspect every boat carefully regardless of where it's from. I am also assuming that the residents will use these ramps and inspections much more frequently. IF it is inspections that are being paid for, why exactly does it cost more to inspect a non resident's boat?

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2010, 03:16 PM »
The boater is paying for the cost of the inspection, right? I am assuming that the G & F will have to inspect every boat carefully regardless of where it's from. I am also assuming that the residents will use these ramps and inspections much more frequently. IF it is inspections that are being paid for, why exactly does it cost more to inspect a non resident's boat?
Because it's the American way to make money off out of staters.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2010, 03:30 PM »
You hit the nail on the head Moose, couldn't of said it better myself. I did some fishing up in Michigan last year and I expected to pay quite a bit to do so. Guess what, I did. But I also had some very good fishing and the time of my life. I think we have to go somewhere else once in a while to realize how good we have it at home ;D

MACK MAN

« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2010, 05:07 PM »
You hit the nail on the head Moose, couldn't of said it better myself. I did some fishing up in Michigan last year and I expected to pay quite a bit to do so. Guess what, I did. But I also had some very good fishing and the time of my life. I think we have to go somewhere else once in a while to realize how good we have it at home ;D
Right on moose51 i have no problem paying to hunt and fish other states BUT if you come to Idaho and buy a Popsicle and residents pay $1.00 and you because your from Wyoming you have to pay $3.00 you would change your attitude in a hurry no dought!!!! the sticker has NOTHING TO DO  with hunting or fishing ,$30.00 to you may not be much but be sure and tell me how Mitch it is after you retire and live Solly on social security!!!!!!

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #19 on: Apr 20, 2010, 05:52 PM »
If money is that tight how do you afford the gas money to drive to different states to fish? I'm not trying to be a smart alec or anything but I would love to take a trip out to Wyoming or Idaho and fish but I can't get myself to pay the gas to get there, the $30 inspection would be the least of my concerns. I'm not saying I agree with the fee but it is what it is, I would protest the fee by not fishing there and not paying the fee.

MACK MAN

« Reply #20 on: Apr 20, 2010, 07:17 PM »
If money is that tight how do you afford the gas money to drive to different states to fish? I'm not trying to be a smart alec or anything but I would love to take a trip out to Wyoming or Idaho and fish but I can't get myself to pay the gas to get there, the $30 inspection would be the least of my concerns. I'm not saying I agree with the fee but it is what it is, I would protest the fee by not fishing there and not paying the fee.
ITS called SAVE try to save en ought to make 3=4 trips a year and your right this WILL be the last year i save to buy a licence gas lodging etc. to fish Wyoming. The whole country is all screwed up so why not screw it up a little more is there theory.

bbkyle35

« Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2010, 09:37 PM »
another thread just going in circles...
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #22 on: Apr 21, 2010, 06:58 AM »
Yep if ya want change get involved, otherwise just go fishing and have a great day.

eyewinder

It's all about the benjamins. . .
« Reply #23 on: Apr 21, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Once again depth of pockets determines recreational opportunities.  Nice for some, not so nice for others.   :-\

Discussions most often become circular when a problem is more complex than some would like to admit.

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
« Reply #24 on: Apr 21, 2010, 12:09 PM »
another thread just going in circles...

I knew it would go nowhere but let it go because it shows the importance of giving the Game & Fish our feedback, whatever it might be. Reread Rodrunner's post and get involved.

augergas

« Reply #25 on: Apr 21, 2010, 01:15 PM »
In my opinion, it is the cumulative effect. Wyoming's camping costs changed pretty dramatically last year when they decided not to sell annual camping permits to non residents, resident only. Other states i frequent don't discern between nons and residents on camping fees. Wyoming does and it is a significant amount. I would also say that Wyoming's facilities are nowhere near what other states offer, no fish cleaning facility and primitive camping for the most part.

Wyoming's annual park entrance permit for nons is around $55. Highest by far of any state I frequent, some don't charge anything, I think Nebraska is $30 for nons.

Fishing liscence for a non is around $110, which is the highest I've paid.

I know it sounds like I am just griping about Wyoming and that's not my intent just comparing the facilities and cost. The fact is, Wyoming has some of the best water to fish so they can fund their costs on the back of the non resident and not deter enough fishermen and pleasure boaters to hurt their budget. So far so good and it is hard to argue as long as the lakes are crowded and the G&F are getting their bills paid. I also think that residents need to keep in mind who is paying the way for their G&F when they are griping about nons.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #26 on: Apr 21, 2010, 07:08 PM »

Wyoming's annual park entrance permit for nons is around $55. Highest by far of any state I frequent, some don't charge anything, I think Nebraska is $30 for nons.

Nebraska's Park Permit for a one year is $20, no extra charge for being a non-resident. Iowa doesn't charge anything, free to everyone.

327trout

« Reply #27 on: Apr 21, 2010, 07:31 PM »
who wants to go to Iowa, sorry had to say it.

Chadfish

• Rippin lips!
« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2010, 08:58 PM »

Keep in mind, this is a temporary order, right now. Read the following press release for details on meetings and a public comment period. Go to the meetings, write letters, make suggestions. Bashing the G & F on a public forum does not help the problem, it just stirs the pot. Meetings start next week and the public comment period is open right now.
http://gf.state.wy.us/services/news/pressreleases/10/04/08/100408_1.asp

While I don't agree with this policy, and tend to agree with many of the opposers,   er-e-is   has hit the nail on the head about this one! I get the WYO G & F e-newsletter and this link is a must read!

http://gf.state.wy.us/services/news/newsletter/10/04/100415_1.asp

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #29 on: Apr 22, 2010, 06:42 AM »
who wants to go to Iowa, sorry had to say it.
I live a mile from the state line, I'm game ;D Actually my cabin sits on the Missouri River, I can hit a golf ball to Iowa on a REAL windy day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.