FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wyoming Game and Fish RIP_OFF  (Read 7440 times)

MACK MAN

Wyoming Game and Fish RIP_OFF
« on: Apr 17, 2010, 10:32 AM »
WHO owns the lakes in the u.s.?? because a lake is in Idaho or Wyoming it does not belong to them it is as much every citizen that lives in the u.s. yes they do maintain and take care of them and nonresident should pay to fish and hunt in other states , BUT the invasive act is everones problem if the fee to combat this problem is $10.00 for residents it should be $10.00 for every single watercraft used in our lakes this money is to combat the problem. we have already payed our dues to fish another state by buying our out of state licences. $30.00 for non residents is total bull.IT is not about funding to protect OUR lakes it is a front to increase revenue if a Popsicle is sold to a resident for $1.00 should a nonresident pay$3.00 for the same thing.?

327trout

Re: wyomming game and fish RIP_OFF
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I spoke with a G & F employee and I do know they will spend more time inspecting out of state boats vs. boats that never leave the state. Boats that come from such and such area that are infected will be more thoroughly inspected from what I understand, hence the extra fees.

bbkyle35

« Reply #2 on: Apr 17, 2010, 01:25 PM »
It's not worth the fuss in my opinion.  I'm a resident - I just don't see the big deal here.  It's not the end of the world, just trying to protect our waters.

Exactly! I agree 100%

-------

Please pay the game and fish a little respect. There job isn't all fun and games, and shouldn't be taken for granted like so many people do.  Senseless bashing like what mackman has done here isn't necessary, and really repels me from these sites.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

minnowguy

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2010, 02:26 PM »
I bought 2 of the 4 stickers I will need in Cody Thursday, its going to take lots of money to keep these things out of our waters.

MACK MAN

« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2010, 04:43 PM »
I spoke with a G & F employee and I do know they will spend more time inspecting out of state boats vs. boats that never leave the state. Boats that come from such and such area that are infected will be more thoroughly inspected from what I understand, hence the extra fees.
because you live in Wyoming that means you never leave the state to fish anywhere else? give me a break ALL BOAT should be checked regardless of where they are from . I have no problem with the $10.00 fee its great but don't charge different amounts to different people because they live in different locations. more time checking out of state boats just doesn't warrent the $30.00 price tag!!!!

Phishwyo

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2010, 05:21 PM »
I agree with ya mack. Make it the same for everyone. An inspection should be the same no matter whats on your licence plate! They probably don't have to check the out of staters as often as they probably don't come to are lakes as often because of the travel time and expenses they allready pay into our state on gas,food,and lodging.Sounds like kyle just doesn't like the sound of standing on the boat ramp all day long in his green jumpsuit. lighten up kyle!

bbkyle35

« Reply #6 on: Apr 17, 2010, 07:29 PM »
I agree with ya mack. Make it the same for everyone. An inspection should be the same no matter whats on your licence plate! They probably don't have to check the out of staters as often as they probably don't come to are lakes as often because of the travel time and expenses they allready pay into our state on gas,food,and lodging.Sounds like kyle just doesn't like the sound of standing on the boat ramp all day long in his green jumpsuit. lighten up kyle!

If I didn't like the idea I wouldn't have applied for and received one of these jobs this summer :P I'll be standing on the ramp in my bright red shirt getting harassed occasionally and getting compliments occasionally from boaters. It doesn't matter because I know what I will be doing is right, and the best solution for the time being.

As far as price goes, I would pay $100 for the sticker, (and this is coming from an college kid). Price doesn't matter when it's something that you love, and if you going to cry of $30, maybe fishing isn't your passion.  If the sticker was the same for non-residents, then it would snowball to the same price for elk licenses, your fishing license and everything else. The line has to be drawn somewhere, and this is where.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

MACK MAN

« Reply #7 on: Apr 17, 2010, 07:44 PM »
If I didn't like the idea I wouldn't have applied for and received one of these jobs this summer :P I'll be standing on the ramp in my bright red shirt getting harassed occasionally and getting compliments occasionally from boaters. It doesn't matter because I know what I will be doing is right, and the best solution for the time being.

As far as price goes, I would pay $100 for the sticker, (and this is coming from an college kid). Price doesn't matter when it's something that you love, and if you going to cry of $30, maybe fishing isn't your passion.  If the sticker was the same for non-residents, then it would snowball to the same price for elk licenses, your fishing license and everything else. The line has to be drawn somewhere, and this is where.
The invasive sticker has nothing to do with fishing/hunting it is its own battle one we all should be VERRY CONCERNED with. I purchase a Wyoming fish and sometimes hunting licence and have no problem with the price at all i spend $80.00 a night for motel rooms for 4 to 5 nights i eat at the town restaurants i stop at ace hardware and lay down $40.00 to $50.00 every time i come to Wyoming  ihelp out the economy.. the invasive sticker has nothing to do with fishing or hunting it is a creather of its own lets all donate to help keep it OUT but lets do it equal if it takes $30.00 then everyone should pay $30.00 not just a selected few. point made?????

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
« Reply #8 on: Apr 17, 2010, 11:26 PM »
Voice your opinions on this issue to the Game & Fish. They have said it before that they want feedback. I'm behind whatever they decide 100%. Kind of like when I'm at the dentist with a tooth ache. Since the dentist is the expert in his field I trust him to do his job. I won't question him or he might just hand me a pair of Vise-Grips and say, "Fix it yourself."  ;)
Our G&F dept. is one of the many great things our state has going for it.

er-e-is

« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2010, 07:57 AM »
Keep in mind, this is a temporary order, right now. Read the following press release for details on meetings and a public comment period. Go to the meetings, write letters, make suggestions. Bashing the G & F on a public forum does not help the problem, it just stirs the pot. Meetings start next week and the public comment period is open right now.

http://gf.state.wy.us/services/news/pressreleases/10/04/08/100408_1.asp

baiter

• jerkin jaw
« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2010, 11:04 AM »
I think the new invasive species act is great, and will probably help reduce the amount of areas that become affected by such things as the zebra mussell.

But, I do agree that it is stupid to charge non-residents the extra money.  They do pay the higher prices for their licenses already, and seems unfair to charge more for the invasive species sticker.  For example:  A non-resident doesn't have to pay higher tolls at tolls such as E470 in colorado.  G&F charges for everything now, even charge a modest 50cents for your HIP permit, which is a survey they require you to do.  I support the G&F, but just because they implement new changes doesn't mean everyone has to agree with them.  They make bad decisions just like everyone.

Baiter
"You think about fishing more than you do about me"  My Girlfriend talking

MountainMan

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Fish Painter
« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2010, 12:09 PM »
I support the G&F, but just because they implement new changes doesn't mean everyone has to agree with them.  They make bad decisions just like everyone.

Baiter

Of course you don't have to agree with them about everything. The fact that they are asking for feedback should tell you something. The possibility of rethinking or modifying a regulation is always on the table, and for that reason I support them.

bbkyle35

« Reply #12 on: Apr 18, 2010, 02:32 PM »
you can get a HIP permit for free off the wyoming game and fish website... that is a federal program anyway, has nothing to do with the state agency.

Rodrunner

« Reply #13 on: Apr 18, 2010, 03:09 PM »
I have been very interested in the way the the Wyo. G&F is handling this situation. First of all I'm very pleased to see them taking action. However, I do not agree with the way they are going about it. That said,I'm going to their meeting tomorrow night regarding the mussels To ask question and suggest ideas. I feel that each and every one of us who fish Wyoming waters has an obligation to help out. Complaining about it here is not going to do a bit of good. We should all remember to ask ourselves, Are we part of the problem or part of the solution?

MACK MAN

« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Keep in mind, this is a temporary order, right now. Read the following press release for details on meetings and a public comment period. Go to the meetings, write letters, make suggestions. Bashing the G & F on a public forum does not help the problem, it just stirs the pot. Meetings start next week and the public comment period is open right now.

http://gf.state.wy.us/services/news/pressreleases/10/04/08/100408_1.asp
For your info. before i put the post on mff.i emailed game and fish and complemented them on the job they do with there fishires they are #1 no dought Wyoming has it all because of there smarts to controll their fisheries that's why i stated i have no problem with $107.00 fishing licence and a conservation tag also i mealy think it is criminal to charge 2 different prices for the same permit when it does not pertain to fishing. it is a problem no doubt but its not just Wyoming's problem it is every states problem so lets make it fare and all share the same burden that's all I'm asking If i had a choice i would live in Wyoming the best i can do is vi site 3-4 times a year. and i do release 95% of my fish just keep a few mack to smoke.I am sorry if you think I'm bashing g&f. they are great i agree BUT THIS IS UNFARE.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.