FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wyoming Game and Fish RIP_OFF  (Read 7441 times)

327trout

Re: wyomming game and fish RIP_OFF
« Reply #30 on: Apr 22, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Sorry Madpuppy, I was half joking. My wife is from SE NE and I know what you mean.
My bigger point by this statement was that Wyoming has high elevations and clean water almost like no other place, also probably has the most trout of any state which is a very delicate fish compared to most species so I support whatever has to be done to keep our waters healthy.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #31 on: Apr 22, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Sorry Madpuppy, I was half joking. My wife is from SE NE and I know what you mean.
My bigger point by this statement was that Wyoming has high elevations and clean water almost like no other place, also probably has the most trout of any state which is a very delicate fish compared to most species so I support whatever has to be done to keep our waters healthy.
No need to apologize old Buddy, there has always been a little click between Iowa and Nebraska, when you live this close to the state line I think that's normal. Not really a rivalry, kinda like 2 kids that have to share a bedroom ;D
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

bbkyle35

« Reply #32 on: Apr 23, 2010, 03:34 PM »
I knew it would go nowhere but let it go because it shows the importance of giving the Game & Fish our feedback, whatever it might be. Reread Rodrunner's post and get involved.

I'm about as involved as I can get. I support this project enough to become an employee of it. You can expect to see me on the Boysen boat ramps all summer. The game and fish knows what has to be done, how drastically the mussels will affect our trout fisheries (can you imagine Flaming Gorge with no zooplankton for the kokanee and young lake trout to eat)?
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

Wyotroutman

Let other users pay to fight the mussels too.
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2010, 06:54 PM »
I don't have a problem with the ten dollar fee.  I am will gladly pay that to help keep mussels out of wyoming.  What I do have a problem with is the fact that the Sportsman is being asked to foot the entire bill for this program.  Why aren't irrigators, industry, Municipal water companys, power plants  marinas, and other users that take water out of our lakes and streams being asked to kick in some money in the way of fees.  I have seen pictures of water intakes from the great lakes and other places back east and I can see that Maintainance and industrial down time would be very expensive.  These water users need to get interested because it won't be a pretty picture.   I can imagine the panic when the Jim Bridger Plant's traveling screens get plugged up and the grates at the surge pond get plugged with mussels and they are losing over 2000 Megawatts of power because they can't get water to the plant.  I have sent these comments to the Wyoming Game and Fish Web site.

gamb00ler

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 02:21 AM »
At the very best, increasing fees is a stop-gap measure. If the mussels are coming, they will come. Hanging out at the boat ramp may slow it down, but rest assured a governmental agency will not interfere with nature and the encroaching undesirable non-native invasive species. The Administration, past and current, cannot control illegal immigration, cannot control invasive species in other States, and couldn't keep walleye out of DeSmet. All it takes is one or two boats and mussels become established. There are not enough G&F staff to monitor every boat ramp 24/7 and do a thorough enough inspection over and over to keep them out. Wish the outcome were different, but it isn't. Wyoming will not be any different than any other State or Great Lakes. We stand a better chance of keeping drugs out of the I-80, I-25 and I-90 corridor than keeping the mussels out.

/rant

LT

• Retired MFF Mod
  • "A larger flame-thrower, you will need."
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2010, 05:20 PM »
Here's a thought to consider, personally I, as many of you, have friends who are G&F Wardens, Biologists or office staff, not a better bunch of people around. The LEGISLATURE...enacted this statute, albeit probably with some input from some top-level G&F Admin folks on Bishop Blvd in Cheyenne. It was also the legislature's idea to have us title our boats, so some of these 2 issues may be about money, true, but the ground-pounding guys and gals of the G&F shouldn't be blamed.  I wish them luck keeping the danged mussels out of here...just my $.02.   oh yeah, the "money" thing, that's gonna get worse at the State level with unfunded madates at the Fed level.                                          LT/MFF/Iceshanty Moderator  ;D

gamb00ler

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 12:03 AM »
G&F and Border Agents... Our "Gov't" wants them to bail their asses off, then give them buckets with holes in them...  ::)

No doubt they do what they can LT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.