FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BASSPRO OPENING  (Read 7829 times)

squareback

BASSPRO OPENING
« on: Jun 07, 2004, 08:15 AM »
Friday night was "contractor appreciation night" there and I was invited but couldn't make it (striper fishing on the cape), but my co-workers that went all gave great reports.

tons of staff, reasonable prices, and a great show on top of that...was what everyone of them said (and most of them don't even fish)

I just hope it doesn't turn into something that us locals can't skip in and out without making a day of it...

Ribbon cutting is Wednesday night at 6oclock....let's hope for the best...

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: BASSPRO OPENING
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2004, 09:33 AM »
Where is this new BassPro opening at?  ???
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

fishfearme

« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2004, 09:44 AM »
Finger Lakes Mall in Auburn,NY

camo_fish

« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2004, 10:06 AM »
What exit off I-90? How would one get there from Albany, NY?  ???
Take I-90 west, then what?

Waleyebanger

« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Store is pretty awesome. I was there this past weekend as well for a few hours. Son in law is working there, so we gots discounts on all sorts of gear. Chose my time to pick up some new Mag 10's for 20% off. Fish tank they have is astonishing! All sorts of great lakes species in there, and some were just HUGEEEEEEEEEEE. Think Frenzy might have tossed a few of his eyes in there! LOL ;)

Waleyebanger

« Reply #5 on: Jun 07, 2004, 01:43 PM »
Can you SMEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL what the Zuke is cooking?

FRenzi's walleyes!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

squareback

« Reply #6 on: Jun 07, 2004, 03:36 PM »
From Albany take the thruway West to Exit 40 (WEEDSPORT).  Go Rt 34 South for about 8 miles and then bang a right at the Hess station onto Rt 5 and 20 West.  3 or 4 miles up the road on the right hand side and GUARANTEED NOT TO MISS IT. It's about a 2 hr ride from Albany.

They have a point system there (similar to Cabelas' credit card) where you get a point every dollar you spend there...You start getting freebees after 500 pts.....sweeeet....

camo_fish

« Reply #7 on: Jun 07, 2004, 03:46 PM »
thanks squareback for the directions. as of now I guess I will keep using my Dick's gift cards for now, but will have to get out there to see the new BassPro shop.
 :D thanks again  :D

Chucker

« Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2004, 04:31 PM »
Opening night (Wednesday 6/9) they're giving 10% of sales to local and national conservation orgs.  Thursday-Sunday (6/10-6/13) are all of the opening events.  The sales circular that was in the Rochester and Syracuse is good through Sunday, 6/20.  I haven't yet decided if I am going to go this week, or wait until next week when the excitement has died down, but the sales are still in effect.

For directions and a listing of events/attendees, click on Bass Pro's page here.

Deposit

« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Hey Camo... are you thinking what I am thinking ;D ....ROAD TRIP!!!

squareback

« Reply #10 on: Jun 08, 2004, 05:03 AM »
no problem camo fish.

since i live near auburn, i don't want to gloat, but i am psyched that I will NEVER step foot in a Dick's again.  I hate that place.  I bought a Flasher for ice fishin this year....called Dick's to see if they had any before i drove there,  "no we don't carry things like that" was the response...couple days later i had to go to the store with my girlfriend...they had like 6 in stock...the guy that answered the phone either didn't know or didn't care what a flasher was....i always went there outta neccessity, no more though!

later,

lumberjohn

« Reply #11 on: Jun 08, 2004, 04:00 PM »
In that I live in Auburn on Owasco Lake I'm ecstatic that we got Bass Pro here. Walmart's fishing selection is lousy. Dick's used to be good years ago when they first opened. Remember when they were a real fishing and hunting goods store? Now their stores in Syracuse have crappy and limited selectionsof fishing and hunting gear. Seems they are more interested in selling apparel and clothing than sporting goods. I was disappointed in Bass Pro's selection of boats however. They have your pontoons, and a few pleasure boats that are not adaptable to fishing. Then they had loads of low profile bass boats for that crowd. They really don't have anything that is well suited to a boat you would take out on the fingerlakes one weekend and Lake Ontario the next. Oh well, can't have it all.

zuke852000

« Reply #12 on: Jun 08, 2004, 08:09 PM »
Haha, anytime you want to go for them eyes just let me know Frenzy... In fact... I happen to work at that new Bass Pro store...
ZUKE

reubenpa

« Reply #13 on: Jun 08, 2004, 08:29 PM »
my wife and I are going friday morning, look for me if you will be there anybody
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

upstateny

« Reply #14 on: Jun 09, 2004, 07:23 AM »
Here's an e-mail I received frnm Bass Pro re: the opening of the mew store in auburn. Jim T

Rick Clunn
June 9-10
4-Time Bassmaster Classic Champion  Tim Horton
June 10-11
Bass Pro Shops Staff, Pro Craft Pro Staff  Jerry Martin
June 9-10
RedHead Pro
Hunting Team  Ed Ripic
June 12-13
Hunter's Specialties  Shane Benoit
June 12-13
Knight Rifles  Terri Marinier
June 11-13
Innotek Realtree 

Special guest emcee: Charles Alsheimer, outdoor photographer and leading authority on whitetail deer.
Tony Siragusa
Full-Time Outdoorsman, Part-Time Football Player  Jimmy Houston
Bass Pro Shops and Tracker Pro Staff  Tony Stewart
NASCAR Driver, Avid Outdoor Enthusiast   

See the #8 Martin
Truex, Jr. race car!
June 9-13 
John L. Morris
Bass Pro Shops Founder  Uncle Larry
Pictured with World Record Cracker Swamp Hog  Melissa Ognibene
Mrs. New York America 2003  Jaclyn Nesheiwat
Miss New York USA 

(with any purchase) Pick up a coupon for gift at entrance. Limit one per customer.

To the first 500 customers
Thursday (June 10)
Bass Pro Shops Cap  To the first 500 customers
Friday (June 11)
Bass Pro Shops 16-oz. Mug  To the first 500 customers
Saturday (June 12)
Bass Pro Shops T-Shirt  To the first 500 customers
Sunday (June 13)
Bass Pro Shops Key Chain 

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia at least 18 years old. (1)Grand Prize:trip to 2004 Bass Pro Shops./MBNA Atlanta 500 race, ARV $3000. (1)First Prize: NASCAR. merchandise, ARV $100;(1)Second Prize: NASCAR. merchandise, ARV $75;(1)Third Prize: NASCAR merchandise, ARV $50. Odds depend on number of entries.
SUBJECT TO OFFICIAL RULES -- AVAILABLE AT PARTICIPATING STORES. 

From the west (Rochester): Take the New York State Thruway to Exit 41 (Waterloo). At the exit, turn right onto Route 414 south. At the next traffic light, turn left onto Route 318. Take Route 318 until you reach Routes 5 & 20, going towards Auburn. Turn left onto Routes 5 & 20, going east. Fingerlakes Mall is approximately 10 miles further on the left side.  From the east (Syracuse): Take Route 690 west from Syracuse. Veer right onto Route 695 - look for Auburn sign. At the end of Route 695, turn right onto Route 5, going toward Auburn and Elbridge. Stay on Route 5 through the city of Auburn. Approximately 1 mile outside of Auburn is Fingerlakes Mall, on the right side.

Trouble Viewing Shopping Customer Service

Typographic errors, Pricing and Availability are subject to change.

Copyright ) 2004 Bass Pro Outdoors Online LLC, All Rights Reserved 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do not wish to receive any further e-mails from Bass Pro,
please click here.

Bass Pro Shops, 2500 E. Kearney, Springfield, MO 65898

This message was transmitted on behalf of Bass Pro by SmartDM. 822
Airpark Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37217.

Jim T

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.