FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: old f--ts with flyrods  (Read 565880 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: old f--ts with flyrods
« Reply #690 on: Aug 14, 2010, 01:46 AM »
If it's getting too stressful Trap, I'll take over for you ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

1fish@atime

« Reply #691 on: Aug 15, 2010, 07:27 AM »
I'll help too!! Had a firemans golf tourney yesterday. Was fun, our company paid for us to enter. All proceeds benefited another local company. We shot 5 under for 18, good enough for second.....to last....
LOL, not to bad though as two of us only play a couple times a year. I now need to get some family problems taken care of so I can get back out there!!!! The water is calling my name.....Now if only some company would call it for a job!! LOL

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #692 on: Aug 15, 2010, 09:50 AM »
5 under...second last???

Lying ...cheating golfers ;D I don't play tournaments as a rule. The league is bad enough ;D

I'm hoping to get 18 in this afternoon. 12:36 tee time at Ravenwood. But I'm not too convinced that the weather is gonna cooperate. Might have to go fishing again ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #693 on: Aug 15, 2010, 12:01 PM »
UMMMMM! I would go fishing RG, Iv'e never golfed!! ;D--KP Have Fun!!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #694 on: Aug 15, 2010, 04:47 PM »
well RG  it  was  a little windy out there today  so i took the  boat , i  fished  for  bass  basicly  but  seen a  bent  pole   on the shore,  i went  to  check it out to  find a  old  friend i hadn't seen in years!  and guess what bug has biten him !!!!!  carp  fishing! he  had  chumed a  area  and  used  corn   rigs  and  was having a ball hooking up , we  ended up  bsing  for almost a  hour ....talked flyfishing and trapping and  of course  carp! ...flyfishing  and carp...see how they go together !!!! so i'm going  back  tonight and chumming the heck out of a area .....  in the morning  i'm going to be there  fly rod on hand ..... by the  way  3  small bass  last night   from oswego  river  and  3  ok bass  today  wind  made  it  tough  tossing  flys  ,all  came  on  rabbit  striped sculpin patterns  fished  slow ..... black  and  olive  seemed  to  be the  colors  ...also  got  on nice  crappie  ......  bass  are  on the  grill  with  HT's  famous  summer  sqush!!!!! hey  rg  did  you mail something to me ,asking because i havn't  gotten it  ....take  care  gentilmen  and   get out there!!!!!!   

life  is  good
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #695 on: Aug 15, 2010, 05:04 PM »
Oye Trapper! I completely forgot about the motor. Sorry about that ....I'll get it out tomorrow.

Have fun with "Ole Liver Lips". Rabbit food (the pellet type) makes great overnight chum.

RG

trapper2000

« Reply #696 on: Aug 16, 2010, 04:20 PM »
i  found   carp like   brown  stone  flie  nymphs  soaked  in  vanilla  extract  :w00t:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #697 on: Aug 17, 2010, 01:48 AM »
Cool! I'm gonna give that a try in the back yard honey hole. They've been very uncooperative this year.....so far.
RG

trapper2000

« Reply #698 on: Aug 17, 2010, 09:06 AM »
i hooked  up  twice  landing a  smaller  fish  rg ...was  fun  ....  i simple  used  vanilla  extract  on the  flie  like  dressing ...  cheatin ????  who  cares  i'm a  old  fart i  get too  ;D
                                                                                                                                     life  is  good

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #699 on: Aug 17, 2010, 09:09 AM »
i hooked  up  twice  landing a  smaller  fish  rg ...was  fun  ....  i simple  used  vanilla  extract  on the  flie  like  dressing ...  cheatin ????  who  cares  i'm a  old  fart i  get too  ;D
                                                                                                                                     life  is  good
That's not cheating! that's called being an *opportunist my Friend*   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
heck i would hook a fat head on the end of that fly if i had too  ::) ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #700 on: Aug 17, 2010, 01:52 PM »
i'm  hooking  some  corn ,crappies ,and  corn bread  for  the  perfect  diner!!!!!  all  corn  caught  and  delievered  by  HT  .....  windy  again this  morning  ,i'm  going to head   down to the  river  at 5  for  the  afternoon shift  to see if  i  can  hit a  few  fish  behind  dilts  ...let ya  know  when i  get back  gang

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #701 on: Aug 17, 2010, 03:32 PM »
I checked the "back yard" on the way home. Too stained from the heavy rains on Sunday to do much tomorrow. The good news (for me) is I decided to take a few days off. No work till Monday next.  :clapping:

I'm thinking I'll prowl the canal in the boat tomorrow morning...tee time is at noon. That ought to give me enough time with the fly chaser to get some bass and crappie for dinner......for a few days ;D

Life is good Trapper ;D

RG

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #702 on: Aug 18, 2010, 06:43 AM »
enjoy your free time RG and catch one or two for me  ;D

trapper2000

« Reply #703 on: Aug 18, 2010, 06:47 AM »
smallies and a few crapaziods last night ....they  have been spraying oswego river  to kill the weeds ,what effects this has on fish and for how long i don't know..... i think i might hit the  lake  this morning  and  just  take my time with  coffee breaks  and  watch  for  anything interesting ...
                                                                                                                        life  is good

trapper2000

« Reply #704 on: Aug 18, 2010, 07:32 PM »
spend  most the  day  chucking  feathers  at  fish  few  small bass   some  decent  kills  and  a  zillion  little  silver  bass  and  one  goose!!!!  thats  right  a  goose! 
                                                                                                                      life  is  good
                                                                                                                       and  sometimes  funny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.