FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084277 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #435 on: Mar 05, 2011, 09:09 PM »

Hey Bunker, Glen's been here since Wednesday, he's having a blast.. Been fishing floats, he said it's his best Salmon River trip in 15 years of coming here...  Not the hook ups you guys did 3 years ago at the other spot, but his best Salmon River trip ever.. He's all smiles!!!  He brought his ice gear, but can't leave the river. ;D  It was a banner last 3 days, a little lull yesterday afternoon, but that went away with today's fresh water, it was silly in spots when I got back from ice fishin even at 4pm...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

« Reply #436 on: Mar 05, 2011, 09:18 PM »
i think atleast  70%  are up allready!!!!! have you seen the petting zoo lately  there stacked in there like cord wood !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I should really consider the circus... Just might be my kinda zoo. Can I run a spring float on my tippet??   
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

bunker killer

« Reply #437 on: Mar 06, 2011, 07:25 AM »

Hey Bunker, Glen's been here since Wednesday, he's having a blast.. Been fishing floats, he said it's his best Salmon River trip in 15 years of coming here...  Not the hook ups you guys did 3 years ago at the other spot, but his best Salmon River trip ever.. He's all smiles!!!  He brought his ice gear, but can't leave the river. ;D  It was a banner last 3 days, a little lull yesterday afternoon, but that went away with today's fresh water, it was silly in spots when I got back from ice fishin even at 4pm...
That's great :clapping:Tell Glen Jeremy and I say hi. I hope he treated you with a new song last night?

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #438 on: Mar 06, 2011, 08:06 AM »
hey guys   anybody have any feedback on the LAMSON KONIC fly reel  want one for b-day  let me know   hey JR.   howsit goin   cant make it up march 18   maybe weekend in april    rick
Pretty good just finished up the basketball season and the team went 2-6 better than last years record and the year before that also. Got a new fly reel for my b-day and now i am waiting to tear up the steelies!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

SNAGGER

« Reply #439 on: Mar 06, 2011, 09:59 AM »

OMG ...  look at the North Sandy gauge 5100cfs, last time it was that high was the night of big flood. Hit 6,000cfs that night...

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

neilc

« Reply #440 on: Mar 06, 2011, 10:39 AM »

OMG ...  look at the North Sandy gauge 5100cfs, last time it was that high was the night of big flood. Hit 6,000cfs that night...

Snagger,
Any chance I'll need my waders to get in your house Tuesday night ??

SNAGGER

« Reply #441 on: Mar 06, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Snagger,
Any chance I'll need my waders to get in your house Tuesday night ??

The res. was down good last I knew, plus the Tug has a reasonable snowpack to absorb some of that run off... Hope they don't raise it over 1800cfs, but I haven't been up there, so I'm just guessing as to what the conditions are this time around.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #442 on: Mar 06, 2011, 11:09 AM »

I looked at the guage this morning and thought the same thing....my guess is  the res. is down more than a couple feet from the top this time around ;)   Gonna be some water around for a while now....

esox v

« Reply #443 on: Mar 06, 2011, 12:47 PM »

been watching that since yesterday !! What was your rainfall total up there?? We got very little down here.. just a light rain off and on.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

bcons

« Reply #444 on: Mar 06, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Well the front & colder temps moving in much faster than predicted, should help save water levels.  Another 1" plus 40's today really coulda caused problems.  Cold the next couple should calm things down just enough before the end of week runoff starts again.
I've got a couple more ice trips to fit in so don't want em all gone up before next weekend.  I need some steel  ;D

Snag, yup Glen was raving about his trip this time, met him yest. nice guy.  He did get out on the ice for a bit, but only after poppin a few more from your neck of the woods in the morning.  I can't seem to go that long without meeting someone from your way.  Snaggers boys seem to be everywhere.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

paul young

« Reply #445 on: Mar 06, 2011, 06:15 PM »
hey guys   anybody have any feedback on the LAMSON KONIC fly reel  want one for b-day  let me know   hey JR.   howsit goin   cant make it up march 18   maybe weekend in april    rick

hi Rick,

i have the Konic 3.5 which is probably the one you're looking to get. i've had mine for 3 years now and i think it's a great reel. have had absolutely no problems with it after catching at least a hundred or so Steelhead and some Salmon. i don't think you can go wrong with one. -Paul

SNAGGER

« Reply #446 on: Mar 06, 2011, 08:43 PM »

Hey Esox I had no buckets out for rain water, so don't know how much we got. From the way it was ponding on the ground , I'd say a solid inch and a half.. No suprizes with the updates, so hopefully we'll keep it at 1250cfs for a bit longer, rain in the forcast Thursday, then another refreeze... Take it day by day this time of year!!!!  I plan on driving up to the Res. on Thursday to see where we are at.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #447 on: Mar 07, 2011, 05:51 PM »

Most recent instantaneous value: 1,650   03-07-2011  18:15 EST   
Still up that's a great thing for Chromers!!!   

16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #448 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:29 PM »

Most recent instantaneous value: 1,650   03-07-2011  18:15 EST   
Still up that's a great thing for Chromers!!!   

Going up to 1800 released so should settle in around 2200 for tomorrow....

fishgalore

« Reply #449 on: Mar 07, 2011, 09:15 PM »
Going up to 1800 released so should settle in around 2200 for tomorrow....

That doesn't sound good for Almar at all!!!! I hope the water doesn't flood again.

It looks like a far cry from Oct. :-

VERY SERIOUS GUYS!!!! This is No Joke...

If anyone knows anyone camping near the River , tell them to leave emediately , Brookfield power just contacted me and nearly 12,000cfs is going into the watershed , they are uping the River to 8,000cfs in a half hour , thus allowing them to store water for 14 hours , hoping it will give the upper branches enough time to receed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.