FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084151 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #615 on: Mar 20, 2011, 10:41 AM »

me and my buddy dave spend alot of time in the summer snorkeling the river and cutting out the line nests , i still cant belive how many people use 20 + # test in the river  ???

esox v

« Reply #616 on: Mar 20, 2011, 10:56 AM »
Will higher water levels during the spring season make the fish stick around any longer than normal?

Correction....Straight shot to the petting zoo and back !! ;D ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #617 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Correction....Straight shot to the petting zoo and back !! ;D ;D ;D

Just looked at the weather forecast, if we escape much rain tomorrow... cold and dry for a LONG time after that... River will be headed much lower SOON!!!   Looks like we could be waiting til April too melt the left over Tug Hill snowpack. Going to be a in between cold water period before that.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kowboy

« Reply #618 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Just getting on here as i heard this was the place to help in the ice shanty withdrawls. Me and articicejigger would like to do some of the fishing you all talk about on here and although ill be fishing for the next week in Aruba i would like to see if anyone wants some company on this ti\ype of fishing always up for anew adventure. Have already had some of the guys from iceshanty offer to take me out so looking forward to seeing you when i get back.

KingPerch

« Reply #619 on: Mar 20, 2011, 11:59 AM »
Welcome Kowboy! You found a way to do good on the ice....I think you'll find a way to do good over here on MFF!! Titelines!--KP 8) Good luck in Aruba, Please post pics!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

kowboy

« Reply #620 on: Mar 20, 2011, 12:06 PM »
KP thanks did learn how to post some pics on iceshanty the other day not that anyones on there now but did post my fisrst 50 perch limit and percheyes blue perch. Will definetly post some pics when i return. Thanks to you and all the rest is why i did good on the ice, got so much more to learn, but have fished my whole life and always eager to learn more and try different kinds of fishing. If im not fishing or hunting im not completly happy. lol See u all when i return

lehigh vally

« Reply #621 on: Mar 20, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Fished the upper reaches of Orwell Creek this weekend with a friend of mine from Pa, a newbie for sure first trip to up state NY, did OK for his first time but it might be his last well just leave it at that. :laugh: Did have a good trip though got into a few between Saturday morning and this morning. Took a ride to Pine Grove Saturday afternoon to show my buddy the lake and got a nice shot. No beer was spilled in the lake :w00t: :cookoo: Hears a few more for ya ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #622 on: Mar 20, 2011, 02:41 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :flag: :thumbup_smilie:

bcons

« Reply #623 on: Mar 20, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Guess the ice was a little iffy?
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

esox v

« Reply #624 on: Mar 20, 2011, 03:06 PM »
 That looks like FRANK after one Beer !!  ;D ;D
 I shouldn't say that... Franks friend Chris said that yesterday when we were taking a break from fishing and having a beer. 5 minutes later he slipped and fell in the mud !!  ;D ;D
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

monic20

« Reply #625 on: Mar 20, 2011, 03:19 PM »
fished tues thru sat..........did very good tues wend trib fishing then it got slow on salmon rest of week... saw you snagger i think thurs we had the island locked up at wires...         >:(  waatch out i got cp reel and fly reel also a fly rod stolen out of my truck at a trib on route 3 to let you guys now that this guy pretends to be geting his rod out and ready when i saw him then when you leave his site he checks all door and my pickup was broken into and he got my shiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  so please if you see someone selling my shiet let me now and get licence plate number... im always up there as i stay up few weeks at a time at my camp....  so dont let this  happen to you guys as it did me, put all you extra shiet somewere not in truck... as i forgot to leave my extra reels and rod back at my camp... thanks guys later

list of stuff 1.sheffield reel
                 2.lamson fly reel   
                 3.tfo fly rod

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #626 on: Mar 20, 2011, 03:32 PM »
fished tues thru sat..........did very good tues wend trib fishing then it got slow on salmon rest of week... saw you snagger i think thurs we had the island locked up at wires...         >:(  waatch out i got cp reel and fly reel also a fly rod stolen out of my truck at a trib on route 3 to let you guys now that this guy pretends to be geting his rod out and ready when i saw him then when you leave his site he checks all door and my pickup was broken into and he got my shiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  so please if you see someone selling my shiet let me now and get licence plate number... im always up there as i stay up few weeks at a time at my camp....  so dont let this  happen to you guys as it did me, put all you extra shiet somewere not in truck... as i forgot to leave my extra reels and rod back at my camp... thanks guys later

list of stuff 1.sheffield reel
                 2.lamson fly reel   
                 3.tfo fly rod

man he got you good, what a dirtbag

SNAGGER

« Reply #627 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:30 PM »

Scumbag!!!   , I'll keep an eye out Monic!!  I talked to a really nice guy named Joe who was in that group at the island Monic... He said he was up from Conn.  Looked like you guys had some action going when I walked bye..take care. ;D

Great Shots LV!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #628 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:42 PM »
River looked very empty LV... Fish must be in lockdown... One more week the River should be hot!!
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

SNAGGER

« Reply #629 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:46 PM »
River looked very empty LV... Fish must be in lockdown... One more week the River should be hot!!

Know what would be great Frank, is if the power company was able to lower the River to say 500-750cfs or something, then any sun we get during this cold snap we got coming the next week or so, would warm the water during mid to late in the afternoons. Sort of like wiinter ,  nice flurries from time to time..other wise, what you see is what you got, very cold sluggish fish for a while.  I'm not saying there isn't little key week day spots that won't be producing decent numbers, but you had better be on one of them.  Nice fish you and Scott got!!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.