FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084258 times)

Gamma Fish

Plastics are Fantastic !

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #676 on: Mar 24, 2011, 04:02 AM »
Here's my cure  :whistling: :whistling: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: ;D ;D

That'll make the best cinnamon sticky buns ya ever had!!!
 :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Gamma, I tested a small stick of the Super out yesterday...oooooohhhhhHHHHH BABY!!!  It's got a few weeks to go for the bigger links...if the big mice don't get into it! :w00t: :w00t: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

Gamma Fish

« Reply #677 on: Mar 24, 2011, 04:17 AM »
That'll make the best cinnamon sticky buns ya ever had!!!
 :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:Until you put them in the oven and they ignite and blow the door off !

Gamma, I tested a small stick of the Super out yesterday...oooooohhhhhHHHHH BABY!!!  It's got a few weeks to go for the bigger links...if the big mice don't get into it! :w00t: :w00t: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flag:
   Nice......and how did you know I was on a no carb diet and can eat all the meat I want ?  :whistling: :whistling:

Looking forward to trying that out when it's ready !    I'll save a nice bottle of home made Apple Jack to wash it down with !...and then black out
 :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Plastics are Fantastic !

kc

« Reply #678 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:26 AM »
what's the water flow rate for the weekend?

KingPerch

« Reply #679 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:29 AM »
snowin sleetin rain  lightin and thunderin   great that spring is here   HI everyone   hows everybody doin  really miss the screamin drag    hey kp whats up  hows JR   RICK
Hey Rick, everybody here survived the winter!! ;) Jr. is good....He's looking forward to some warmer weather so he can put a hurting on the steelies!! Shane set him up with a new noodle rod and reel...Guess he wants to hear a screaming drag also!!! ;D I'm leaving here in a few minutes to take a ride to SNAGGER'S country.!! Titelines to all!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #680 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:33 AM »
Greetings from snowville KP & KP Jr.....LOL. Just went for my lungs on all kinds of stuff .....new CP combo, 4 wt. Fly reel, Danvise, Waders, net, residuals still to come. Thank goodness I sold some stuff to pay for it or else I'd be somewhere far away from the dog house bro. Got back from the Carolina's last Friday but didn't fish at all down there. We travelled all over from Boone, NC to Rock Hill, SC. The weather there is my kind of stuff. .............70's to 80's everyday this week but nice last week as well. Hit Mt. Mitchell and got a feel for the lay of the land down there. Hope to mosey on down in about 3 yrs for permanent status. We'll see if that happens.

I picked up a brochure in the Boone, NC area for the Elk Creek Outfitters and might have to give it a try with my South Carolina buddy. They do float trips & guide service like on the SR for Trout in tha Watauga River.  Trophy sized monster Brown & Rainbows can be found in the South Holston River too. The mountains (Appalachian, Smokeys (Tenn.), etc are awesome......... bigger than the Adirondacks! Mitchell is 6684 above sea level while Mt. Marcy (highest in NY) is 5343!! They had 7" of snow on Mitchell last Tuesday, by Thursday (when we went) it was mostly gone.  Also went to the Dupont National Forest. Saw 3 sets of Falls; Hooker, Triple and High Falls. Can be viewed here:-http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/dupont1.htm

It looked like some good trout waters too!! http://www.dupontforest.com/fishing.asp There were some posted signs like this one:-  Lots more photo's here:-
http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/fishsomemore/?start=0

Coming up yonder in mid-April...... woohoo for 3 days!!! There's more but I've bored you enough already!!
you've been a busy man!! Give a headsup when you head this way!!! great pictures!!--KP 8)

kc

« Reply #681 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Hey King Perch let us know what the conditions are like when you get back.

KingPerch

« Reply #682 on: Mar 24, 2011, 08:55 AM »
I will post from my cell phone, If I can get reception up there!! Either way....YES!!--KP 8)

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #683 on: Mar 24, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Hit it the river hard yesterday...parked at altmar and fished my way to the bovines and back. Went 4 for 7 with a couple of dinks mixed in. Landed a couple males yesterday that were spitting milk. Fished till about 6...but now that I've read Snag's post that they havent been turning on till 6ish i wish I stayed right till dark.

Noticed I've got a few holes in my waders the last couple times I've been out...wondering if anyone around here sells aquaseal or something like it?
Would hate to send my waders back right now and have it take a month for them to come back. 

floatfisher

« Reply #684 on: Mar 24, 2011, 10:01 AM »
Hit it the river hard yesterday...parked at altmar and fished my way to the bovines and back. Went 4 for 7 with a couple of dinks mixed in. Landed a couple males yesterday that were spitting milk. Fished till about 6...but now that I've read Snag's post that they havent been turning on till 6ish i wish I stayed right till dark.

Noticed I've got a few holes in my waders the last couple times I've been out...wondering if anyone around here sells aquaseal or something like it?
Would hate to send my waders back right now and have it take a month for them to come back. 

look at teh loon uv wader repair. as long as its not on the booties of your waders this stuff works great, put it on there, put it in the sun, seals them in minutes and works great.
whats the point, its too hard to keep count lol if you wanna know, just ask.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #685 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:01 PM »

I always watch to see when the last boat to go through running a second shift is... Been about 3pm lately, I like to try to increase my odds when fishing up river by not fishing direcly behind someone, not many biters to be had if a shift of boats just went through, if you know what I mean.
        Once this River goes down, I'll be headed elsewhere, but for now there seems to be a decent evening bite for me anyway, see if the sunshine today turns them on a little better..  I've ripped my waders 3 times in 3 trips, so don't feel bad, repairing a pair right now, only a small hole ... so a quick shot from a hot glue stick. Had to use aquaseal yesterday.

Hey KC Rivers still pretty swollen, Tom's run is unfishable if that helps!!!  Larger pools and seams right now bud.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #686 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:01 PM »
KC, just got back from visiting SNAGGER, the water is still high and running 1500! I'll let SNAGGER post his report later for further river conditions!! I didn't fish, just B.S.'d!! Good seeing you again Shane and Freddie! I got schooled today pretty good about the Old Days of the river!! Great stuff!! Thanks you guys for the laughs!!!! ;)--KP 8)

KingPerch

« Reply #687 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Thanks Shane!! That was quick!! ;)--KP

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #688 on: Mar 24, 2011, 02:14 PM »
KC, just got back from visiting SNAGGER, the water is still high and running 1500! I'll let SNAGGER post his report later for further river conditions!! I didn't fish, just B.S.'d!! Good seeing you again Shane and Freddie! I got schooled today pretty good about the Old Days of the river!! Great stuff!! Thanks you guys for the laughs!!!! ;)--KP 8)

Ole Fred had some crazy stories from the 70's and 80's... good stuff!! , can't believe we never ran into each other back in the 80's  We sure shared some of the same water. :w00t:!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #689 on: Mar 24, 2011, 03:44 PM »
How are you guys ripping your waders?  Neos or breathable?  Don't feel bad i had to buy a new pair sunday...cuz i forgot to put them in the car.   ::)  $129 later at Fat nancys for a new pair of frogg togg breathables.  I was due...my old hodgeman's were over 10 yr.s old.  Couldn't go home and get them, had a buddy waiting at the DSR with a free pass for me.  Plus it would have been another $30 in gas to go home and back.   ;)  That's what i told myself when i swiped the credit card.  Guess i could have rented a pair...but didn't think of that at the time.  I was still half-asleep and just wanted to get fishing.    :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.