FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084095 times)

lehigh vally

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #975 on: Apr 07, 2011, 11:15 AM »
How about those red sox 0-5    ;D ;D

Phillies are looking good to :w00t: :rotflol:

timdog

« Reply #976 on: Apr 07, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I always keep my two fingers on the spool.. pivot my wrist and lock my thumb around the butt section and put the wood to them... I would never grab the rod blank unless it was a meat stick !!

That i'll work too. Always more than one way to skin a cat esox  :thumbup_smilie:

KingPerch

« Reply #977 on: Apr 07, 2011, 12:13 PM »

Is that really there record ?, we've dug are way back from worse.
Jr. says...and I quote..." We'll see what fat lady sings at the end of the year, it's only the start of the season!!" end quote......Tough living with a Red Sox fan.... :P  GO YANKEES!!--KP   think I'll take his cell phone away.... ::) ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Drifter_016

« Reply #978 on: Apr 07, 2011, 12:44 PM »
One blank i'd like to check out is the new ones from Mudhole, the MHX series just came out with 5 centerpin/float rod blanks from 10'6" to 14'.
I have used some of the other MHX blanks and am really impressed...
Hey Snag - they make a 11'3" in med-heavy. A guy could really put the wood to em with that...  :flex: ;D

Got a 9' 6" I'm building now for bottom bouncing.
Looking forward to laying a beating on it this fall in Alaska.

I built a Rainshadow 9' 6" 4-8# last year but it is a little on the light side, thier 6-10# make a better rod for how I use it.

The problem with the MHX CP rods is they only make them in a 2 pce config. Toting around a 14' two piece rod is not my idea of fun.
I have been in contact with them and they are not going to be making any 3 or 4 pce float blanks.  :'(

go-phillies

• THE HECK WITH WORKIN!! TIME FOR FISHIN!!!!!
« Reply #979 on: Apr 07, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Jr. says...and I quote..." We'll see what fat lady sings at the end of the year, it's only the start of the season!!" end quote......Tough living with a Red Sox fan.... :P  GO YANKEES!!--KP   think I'll take his cell phone away.... ::) ;D
hey why dont you try making his phone only be able to call a"""" PHILADELPHIA"""" number    ha ha ha    see you april 22    RICK
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

KingPerch

« Reply #980 on: Apr 07, 2011, 03:45 PM »
Man, You guys are rough on US YANKEES FANS!!!! Gotta remind myself on the 21st to keep JR. away from you!!! HA HA HA!!! I see there are no reports from the SNAGGER yet today....I'm sure the fish are paying hell today!!! :evil: :w00t: :whistling: Titelines to all!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

go-phillies

« Reply #981 on: Apr 07, 2011, 04:08 PM »
did u check the fly stop out yet   i ordered 44 more   RICK
9/11/2001 FOREVER     -if fishing was a job,  nobody would retire,  a bad day fishing still beats a good day workin, so I finally gave up workin ,, another year, another excuse to get up to A.O.L.   FISH ON!! salmon River N.Y.!!!

bcons

« Reply #982 on: Apr 07, 2011, 04:28 PM »
Man, You guys are rough on US YANKEES FANS!!!! Gotta remind myself on the 21st to keep JR. away from you!!! HA HA HA!!! I see there are no reports from the SNAGGER yet today....I'm sure the fish are paying hell today!!! :evil: :w00t: :whistling: Titelines to all!!--KP 8)
Considering I'm sure you guys drive by my house once n awhile,  ::)  what are you gonna say to Jr's response when he sees a Red Sox flag flying at the intersection?  :whistling: I already have the flags, I even have a mount that fits a truck toolbox, & have been known to fly 3x5 Boston team flags above the cab before...... Ask my kids, Christmas tree mounted there, Pats flag especially, been doing it for years.  That combined with the musical jukebox horn, LOOKOUT!
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

fenwick2010

« Reply #983 on: Apr 07, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Took a ride up to the salmon river today ... The Morning started out REAL SLOW ! I walked about a 1/4 mile downstream throwing just about everything I had on a float trying to get a fish to take . Nothing until noon. Later I Hit the pool I started out fishing in the Am but made a change , I Took off the float and bottom bounced for once. Needless to say , I wasnt dissapointed 4  the rest of the afternoon ! I Landed 6 nice steelhead , one brown and About the same # spit the hook on me. Seems around 12 pm a ton of fish started coming down river , dropping back feeding on the huge assortment of insects I saw in & on the water. Here are the pics

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #984 on: Apr 07, 2011, 05:12 PM »
hey why dont you try making his phone only be able to call a"""" PHILADELPHIA"""" number    ha ha ha    see you april 22    RICK
REAL NICE!!! This is a quote from my father a YANKEES FAN" I THINK THE RED SOX NEED TO START CLICKING WITH THE NEW PLAYERS THEN THEY WILL BE A TITLE CONTENDER" can you believe that from a YANKEES FAN'S  MOUTH!!!???
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

fenwick2010

« Reply #985 on: Apr 07, 2011, 05:14 PM »

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #986 on: Apr 07, 2011, 05:15 PM »

Is that really there record ?, we've dug are way back from worse.
MY POINT EXACTLY Shane, The SOX just need to start clicking with the new players and then WE WILL SEE WHO IS CRYING IN THE END.BOO HOO YANKEES FANS, We will see who is crying at the end of the season. ALL HAIL THE RED SOX and for Rick THE PHILLIES AS WELL!!!
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #987 on: Apr 07, 2011, 05:29 PM »

go-phillies

« Reply #988 on: Apr 07, 2011, 05:32 PM »
NICE!!!!! keep some there  for me and my wife  apr. 22 23 24    RICK

fenwick2010

« Reply #989 on: Apr 07, 2011, 06:02 PM »
Ha Ha Ha there all still swimming .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.