FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084323 times)

bass on

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #1350 on: Apr 20, 2011, 07:30 PM »
      Good to meet you man... there leaving it at 1800...Wow!!  Guess that 4200  over the weekend had nothing to do with rain ... they were just draining it down for some reason....good luck on our part this week I guess  .....  I'll take it!!! 8)

Fished for an hour across the street just before dark at the Wires and school, one little brown, some fallfish and a quick hook up, that's it...Had guests that did pretty decent today at another spot, but said they worked all day for them...
snagger they kept the river up cause they knew i was coming up.  notice when i was about to leave they were dropping it...lol

wiredstone

« Reply #1351 on: Apr 20, 2011, 07:32 PM »
SNAGGER SEE YOU IN THE MORNING.
wooo fish on. Never mind

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1352 on: Apr 20, 2011, 07:48 PM »
snagger they kept the river up cause they knew i was coming up.  notice when i was about to leave they were dropping it...lol

Sounds like they picked a number out of a hat with rain in the forecast because it was Friday and they don't work weekends. Stocking is getting close as well , maybe they were preparing for a big drop to 335 which is now interupted....who knows, they got me confused this year...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #1353 on: Apr 20, 2011, 08:25 PM »
     Sounds like they picked a number out of a hat with rain in the forecast because it was Friday and they don't work weekends. Stocking is getting close as well , maybe they were preparing for a big drop to 335 which is now interupted....who knows, they got me confused this year...
HOW ARE THE BLACK FLIES UP THERE NOW SNAG?   IM HOPING NOT THERE YET.      THIS WATER HAS GOT US ALL CONFUSED, WE WERE HOPING TO TIME IT ON A BIG DROP FOR SAT MORN BUT WHO KNOWS.   MAYBE I WILL GO WHERE YOU WERE THE OTHER DAY.   WE WILL SEE.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #1354 on: Apr 20, 2011, 08:31 PM »
      Good to meet you man... there leaving it at 1800...Wow!!  Guess that 4200  over the weekend had nothing to do with rain ... they were just draining it down for some reason....good luck on our part this week I guess  .....  I'll take it!!! 8)

Fished for an hour across the street just before dark at the Wires and school, one little brown, some fallfish and a quick hook up, that's it...Had guests that did pretty decent today at another spot, but said they worked all day for them...

snag have you been up to check the res out? wondering how thats looking,  remember in the fall when i said sandy was at 5000 but the river was only at 1500? either way hopefully every stays stable for ya we dont need to be tubing in the front yard like back in the old days, lol

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #1355 on: Apr 20, 2011, 08:32 PM »
HOW ARE THE BLACK FLIES UP THERE NOW SNAG?   IM HOPING NOT THERE YET.      THIS WATER HAS GOT US ALL CONFUSED, WE WERE HOPING TO TIME IT ON A BIG DROP FOR SAT MORN BUT WHO KNOWS.   MAYBE I WILL GO WHERE YOU WERE THE OTHER DAY.   WE WILL SEE.

small swarms here and there but nothing bad yet, that will be a month or 2

SNAGGER

« Reply #1356 on: Apr 20, 2011, 08:57 PM »

it's been so cold I forgot about those things, a few were out that one warm day we had a week ago.. was fishin in snow Monday.. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #1357 on: Apr 20, 2011, 09:40 PM »
HEY FELLAS, LAKE HAS BEEN SMOKIN HOT FOR ME LIMITS EVERY DAY WE CAN GET OUT !!!!!!!
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

northwoods

• FRIEND OF ALL FISH !!!LIKED BY NONE!!!
« Reply #1358 on: Apr 20, 2011, 09:42 PM »
HEY YOU BETTER BRING YOUR MASK I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR UGLY MUG!!!!!!!!!! LOL
HEY, WHERE IS MY FLOAT ???
     GET UM!!! GET UM!!! GET UM!!!

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #1359 on: Apr 20, 2011, 10:33 PM »
HEY FELLAS, LAKE HAS BEEN SMOKIN HOT FOR ME LIMITS EVERY DAY WE CAN GET OUT !!!!!!!

we are ready for battle!

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #1360 on: Apr 20, 2011, 10:37 PM »
HEY YOU BETTER BRING YOUR MASK I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR UGLY MUG!!!!!!!!!! LOL

we all need 2011 ny fishing lic. for the boat correct?

SNAGGER

« Reply #1361 on: Apr 21, 2011, 12:49 PM »

Well the reservoir is full..full... hope we don't get alot of rain this weekend being they are still running less water then is coming in...  very wet up there, little evaporation with the cold temps... Looks like the weekend could be a bust, hope we get lucky.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

redarrow61

« Reply #1362 on: Apr 21, 2011, 12:52 PM »

Well the reservoir is full..full... hope we don't get alot of rain this weekend being they are still running less water then is coming in...  very wet up there, little evaporation with the cold temps... Looks like the weekend could be a bust, hope we get lucky.

thanks for the info Snagger looks like Kowboy and I might be staying home have to see

SNAGGER

« Reply #1363 on: Apr 21, 2011, 04:54 PM »
thanks for the info Snagger looks like Kowboy and I might be staying home have to see

Now I'm really confused, but I guess they know better than I do........

365123 THE SALMON RIVER AT LIGHTHOUSE HILL
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2011 AT 17:47:14 - EXPIRES APR 22 9:00 PM

For the Salmon River at Brookfield Renewable Power's Lighthouse Hill Dam, Altmar, NY. The following predictions are for flows in the river just below the powerhouse unless otherwise noted.

Information about the timing of water level changes downstream of the powerhouse is included after the forecast.

Spill gates have been closed but stations are still at maximum output due to significant flows. Do not venture into the water until flows have receded further.

Flows have now receded to within station discharge capabilities and spill gates have been closed, but stations are still at maximum output due to significant flows. Be especially alert and use extreme caution near the river.

Until 9:00 PM today, 1,800 CFS
From 9:00 PM today until 9:00 PM tomorrow, Fri, 1,500 CFS

All published flows are approximate and forecasts are estimated based upon anticipated energy demand and costs in addition to weather conditions. Actual flows will vary and can change quickly at any time. Stay alert and wear an approved flotation device. Never go in or near the water until you know and accept the risks you are assuming by entering this area!

R.I.P Uncle Johnny

KingPerch Jr.

• SOCCER: Gotta love it!!
« Reply #1364 on: Apr 21, 2011, 05:10 PM »

Is that little orange marker on that tree in the second pic supposed to be where the water shouldn't be above Shane???
Red Sox!
Bartel Road Bait and Tackle

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.