FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084291 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #2055 on: Jul 09, 2011, 12:54 AM »
Great info, Snag!  Thanks!

For the record, I'm not so sure 'everyone' who releases fish puts them on a pedestal... 

Some people fish everyday, yet eat nothing but perch and sunnies (like me).
Is it fair to say that some fish are more valued alive then dead?  There are some fish I'd like the chance to hook and fight again...

But that should, of course, be the choice of each person who buys a fishing license and helps fund the stocking.

Some of us just like having fun and fighting 'em!

For example, would you kill and eat this fish if you caught it in your frontyard?  Would you want it to get bigger to catch it again?

Same here, I don't fish everyday, but I only keep the "eaters" everything else gets released.

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #2056 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:16 AM »
We went up yesterday for some catfish bait ( Fall Fish) we got about 20 of them and 2 small smallies. We seen Northwoods Drifting down the River, Nice seeing you NW. I am getting her ready for the fall with the centerpin. She watched the the float and she told my when to set the hook and I let her reel them in. Stopped at the hatchery and seen some tank Browns and Atlantic's about 30 where in the raceway. Snagg hope you feel better soon.

16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

KingPerch

« Reply #2057 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:20 AM »
Great pics Frank...Glad you and your daughter had some fun!--KP!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2058 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:38 AM »
Great pics Frank...Glad you and your daughter had some fun!--KP!

Yeah KP she put on a catfish clinic with me and HT last night!! She did 4 cats and to bowfin.. Circle hooks rock.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

esox v

« Reply #2059 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:48 AM »
  Circle hooks rock.
Yea they do !! they are great for kids because you don't need to set the hook..
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2060 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:52 AM »
Yea they do !! they are great for kids because you don't need to set the hook..
She is worn out! Still sleeping!! lol...

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #2061 on: Jul 10, 2011, 12:38 PM »
Thats awesome Frank! Glad to see you getting out with your daughter. I am still in Georgia, upset im missing the Stripers this summer, but work sends me away and I gotta pay the bills!

I will be back there Mid Septemeber to fish for Salmon, send me a note if you can about what I need to do to get my setups ready, is it the same as Steelies? Ive never fished for Salmon before, but im really looking forward to it!!

-Scott
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2062 on: Jul 10, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Thats awesome Frank! Glad to see you getting out with your daughter. I am still in Georgia, upset im missing the Stripers this summer, but work sends me away and I gotta pay the bills!

I will be back there Mid Septemeber to fish for Salmon, send me a note if you can about what I need to do to get my setups ready, is it the same as Steelies? Ive never fished for Salmon before, but im really looking forward to it!!

-Scott
  I sent you a PM as well.... great job Frank.. I can barely make it too the computer, let alone fish...this really sucks..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

neilc

« Reply #2063 on: Jul 10, 2011, 05:35 PM »
I can barely make it too the computer, let alone fish...this really sucks..

What's got a hold of you snagg?
the back again ?
or some sickk ?

duffy

« Reply #2064 on: Jul 10, 2011, 06:33 PM »
I'll take ya up on the Okuma CP and Cortland, tried to pm but a full inbox, hope ya get feeling better, being sick in this weather really sucks, be up soon, duffy

Simplecarppieguy

« Reply #2065 on: Jul 11, 2011, 03:05 PM »
 I sent you a PM as well.... great job Frank.. I can barely make it too the computer, let alone fish...this really sucks..

Thanks Snagger.... Getting her primed for pinning with the bass and fallfish..lol.. Rest and we'll see ya on the water soon.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2066 on: Jul 11, 2011, 09:34 PM »
  My buddy Markie has been still doing well on the kings out in the Lake the last few days.. ..figured I'd throw a few up here....  

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #2067 on: Jul 11, 2011, 09:58 PM »
If all goes well sat with my test run ill be out for some screamers

bcons

« Reply #2068 on: Jul 11, 2011, 10:07 PM »
If all goes well sat with my test run ill be out for some screamers
You don't have to go too far for them, only show you face in public they'll be screamin everywhere  :-*
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2069 on: Jul 11, 2011, 10:18 PM »
You don't have to go too far for them, only show you face in public they'll be screamin everywhere  :-*
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: ;D ;D ;D
  Just put a picture of Trapper on the bow of your boat !     It'll look like Red Tide hit when the fish see that ! ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.