FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084260 times)

monic20

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3315 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:13 PM »
Starting to really pick up here now ...keep safe you guys out there getting hit !!!!!!

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #3316 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:27 PM »
  Just send us about 2-3 inches for a nice Tuesday run..
you can have all you want!

fishhooker

« Reply #3317 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:28 PM »
rain just started here in Central Vermont.  Hatches are batted down. Company even called off work tomorrow with no-pay compensation(that was nice of em!?!?).
Enjoy outdoor literature? Check out my blog here: www.artrafus.blogspot.com

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3318 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:44 PM »
  Stay safe man ..... you guys got some serious rain coming...looks like another Agnes set up....

http://www.google.com/search?q=hurricane+agnes+pictures&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KrpZTvqbLdLqgQfjvfG1DA&ved=0CBoQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=607

Hey bcons   nice meeting you today man..great to put a face to the name!!! ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bass on

« Reply #3319 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:51 PM »
wind is starting to howl hear were expected to get 5-8" of rain hear in southwestern ct.  congrats on the salmon guys cant wait to get up thier and hook some.

bass on

« Reply #3320 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:55 PM »
snag i was just watching the news and they were comparing it to gloria that hit in the mid 80s...take a look same path as this one

SNAGGER

« Reply #3321 on: Aug 27, 2011, 10:59 PM »
snag i was just watching the news and they were comparing it to gloria that hit in the mid 80s...take a look same path as this one

I remember Gloria..like the 25th of September...great landlock run 2 days later in Ithaca.. you guys got wacked good with that one..weather channel was a new channel back then, i remember watching the coverage, that was a fast mover, this one is slow.....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

bass on

« Reply #3322 on: Aug 27, 2011, 11:11 PM »
yea las time i checked it was only moving 14mph...roads were a mess this morning and the gas station down the street was super only...ill post some pics of the damage after the storm.

SNAGGER

« Reply #3323 on: Aug 27, 2011, 11:36 PM »
Fished today where we talked about last night from 12 to 3;30. Hit them real good, Coho & Kings, no one around

i like coho's...nice!!! ;D

i saw 4 guys there when i drove by... blew my knee up  or i would have came down....  i seen fish everywhere i went..wish my knee wasn't killing me..i wanted to hit a certain spot that takes a little walking.....i drove all over today....

my box is alright...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #3324 on: Aug 28, 2011, 12:34 AM »
Looks like the game is starting out nice. Cool pics guys.
Snag, next time i'm up there, I should grab a handfull of business cards from ya. I'll put them on the counter at the shop.

Stormy_NY

« Reply #3325 on: Aug 28, 2011, 12:38 AM »
i like coho's...nice!!! ;D

i saw 4 guys there when i drove by... blew my knee up  or i would have came down....  i seen fish everywhere i went..wish my knee wasn't killing me..i wanted to hit a certain spot that takes a little walking.....i drove all over today....

my box is alright...

Wow man .. you are falling apart .... I didn't think MACHO MEN had these problems    :flex: :flex:

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #3326 on: Aug 28, 2011, 12:46 AM »
Wow man .. you are falling apart .... I didn't think MACHO MEN had these problems    :flex: :flex:

Leave the Snag alone, he's getting old....well you know plenty about that also don't ya? :rotflol: Besides Shaner could still out fish us on that river in a friggen wheelchair. :P :P ;)

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #3327 on: Aug 28, 2011, 06:22 AM »
Lookin like a suicide run from WNY may be in order....  Just got my vacation in the books, I will be up from the 8th-14th of Oct for the whole week.  Can't wait. 

hookembob

« Reply #3328 on: Aug 28, 2011, 06:27 AM »
Just starting to feel the winds now. Its not even here yet, trees have started to fall, power is out. Running on back up power. Glad I got those 10 gallons of gas before I left Orwell Firday night. Tons of water coming down. This thing is moving so d**n slow going to be some flooding from this. Bob

NJGOOSEBUSTER1

« Reply #3329 on: Aug 28, 2011, 07:39 AM »
  I remember Gloria..like the 25th of September...great landlock run 2 days later in Ithaca.. you guys got wacked good with that one..weather channel was a new channel back then, i remember watching the coverage, that was a fast mover, this one is slow.....
IM SENDING SOME RAIN YOUR WAY SNAGGER, WE HAVE 8 INCHES IN MY BUCKET SO FAR, GUSTY WINDS HERE NOW, WERE IN THE EYE OF IT.  I JUST LOOKED AT THE RADAR, LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO RAIN BY YOU PRETTY GOOD.   I HOPE YOU GET IT.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.