FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084283 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD BS Thread
« Reply #3615 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Agreed.  The dude is alright for a few innings, but then he gives up a dinger and the wheels fall off.

Im not so sure he is really a major league pitcher.  At least not of the Yankees caliber.

C.C. on the other hand?  Rockstar.  Dude is a workhorse.

yup burnett is a goood pitcher, he was awesome before he came to the yanks,  he is great when everything is gooing right, oonce he gives up a hit or two though they have to pull him. he cant get out of a hole. everytime, just watch next time he pitches, if he gives up a hit or two and then has to face the other teams best batter, is a hr 99% of the time. i think girardi is starting to realize that. he pulled him in the 2nd inning last week. hughes was goood last yr but not this yr. robertson had a real bad july blowing alot of saves but seems to have his stuff back. going to be a interested next few weeks. boston is playing really good ball, the infield plays against the yanks were impressive. well see

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3616 on: Sep 02, 2011, 09:55 AM »

Anyone hear anything this morning?..only had one guy back he said it died out..
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #3617 on: Sep 02, 2011, 10:01 AM »
I hate to say it but Burnett is a choke artist...adam is totally right as soon as he gets a couple hits against him it's all over, he throws meat balls. He pitched alright last night, compared to his last couple starts, but he lets things get to his game too quick.

Mo is getting old...and that cut fast ball just aint cutting it anymore. He only needs 14 saves or something to be the all-time saves leader and he's gonna have to work for them. If he keeps using that straight 4-seamer on the outside part of the plate, then mixes in the cutter he'll be alright......for this season. Hate to even say it but after this season its time to pass the torch man....although I'm not sure that torch should be passed to Soriano. He hasnt proved that he can hack it in NY...

ErnyeJSES

« Reply #3618 on: Sep 02, 2011, 10:10 AM »

Anyone hear anything this morning?..only had one guy back he said it died out..

man...thought with that blow yesterday and the bump in the water it would be hot this morning.

The oswego is back down to a trickle...not sure if they're doing more work or if the water is really THAT low...under 1000cfs....seemed to pick an odd weekend to keep the water restricted but then again its oswego we're talking about.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3619 on: Sep 02, 2011, 10:15 AM »
man...thought with that blow yesterday and the bump in the water it would be hot this morning.

The oswego is back down to a trickle...not sure if they're doing more work or if the water is really THAT low...under 1000cfs....seemed to pick an odd weekend to keep the water restricted but then again its oswego we're talking about.

Still blowin out of the south east..probably again tomorrow headin into that storm Sunday....We get over an inch of rain Sunday ...watch out late monday-Tuesday..that would be the third Tuesday batch in arow..... pattern forming....i just hope some trickle in for the boys this weekend... that's all...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

wiredstone

« Reply #3620 on: Sep 02, 2011, 03:36 PM »
Real slow this morning. Had a great time with you guys, and hooked some nice kings yesterday. Adam has iceman on the lake right now. We will see how they do.  See you guys as soon as I can get back. :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

KingPerch

« Reply #3621 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:03 PM »
I read fine, thanx for your concern! :-*  "Yankees" roughly translates in english as "those who are about to be golfing, while real baseball players are finishing the ALCS."  :-*
Did you see the news today or read the paper????? Uuuuuuh... Who's going golfing???   :-* :P I gotta admit...Burnett had me nervous!! Great series!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3622 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Did you see the news today or read the paper????? Uuuuuuh... Who's going golfing???   :-* :P I gotta admit...Burnett had me nervous!! Great series!!--KP 8)
uuuuuuuuH did you guys look at the date on calender today  ??? ??? ??? ??? its September and its goose season and there is salmon in the river dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: BASE BALL really......... ??? really  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

KingPerch

« Reply #3623 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:11 PM »
uuuuuuuuH did you guys look at the date on calender today  ??? ??? ??? ??? its September and its goose season and there is salmon in the river dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: BASE BALL really......... ??? really  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
GET BACK IN YOUR BLIND HT!! And close the cover!!!!!! :P :P GADAM ANTI-BASEBALL OPPORTUNIST!! ;D Any rats with wings tonight HT??--KP 8)

Besides....I will be on the river tomorrow afternoon with Jr.......I'll be the guy with the net!! ;D And noodlerod!! ;)

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3624 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:22 PM »
GET BACK IN YOUR BLIND HT!! And close the cover!!!!!! :P :P GADAM ANTI-BASEBALL OPPORTUNIST!! ;D Any rats with wings tonight HT??--KP 8)

Besides....I will be on the river tomorrow afternoon with Jr.......I'll be the guy with the net!! ;D And noodlerod!! ;)
just did my drive bye scouting of the cut hay lots and saw 100 + candidates for tonight blasting of the flying Rats ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D time to go soon ;D ;D ;D

KingPerch

« Reply #3625 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:28 PM »
just did my drive bye scouting of the cut hay lots and saw 100 + candidates for tonight blasting of the flying Rats ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D time to go soon ;D ;D ;D
GO GETTUM!!!!--KP 8)

Fetzer1

« Reply #3626 on: Sep 02, 2011, 04:52 PM »
uuuuuuuuH did you guys look at the date on calender today  ??? ??? ??? ??? its September and its goose season and there is salmon in the river dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: BASE BALL really......... ??? really  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
« Reply #3627 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:23 PM »
So whats the report for 2day, was there a break in the action?  Dont wana waste my valuable trips up there if there isnt any fish...   Wifey ask me if I was fishing tomorrow which means she is ok with it, lol ;D
Fish fear me!

bobber down

• king jiggler
« Reply #3628 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:28 PM »
So whats the report for 2day, was there a break in the action?  Dont wana waste my valuable trips up there if there isnt any fish...   Wifey ask me if I was fishing tomorrow which means she is ok with it, lol ;D
Hello ol tight wad!!!
IF I AINT HUNTING OR FISHING I AM THINKING ABOUT IT.                                                                                                                                                                                       !!!!!DIE HARD STEELER FAN!!!!!

fishgalore

« Reply #3629 on: Sep 02, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Real slow this morning. Had a great time with you guys, and hooked some nice kings yesterday. Adam has iceman on the lake right now. We will see how they do.  See you guys as soon as I can get back. :thumbup_smilie:

Is that an 0-fer? You didn't land any? :cookoo:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.