FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084149 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #3900 on: Sep 07, 2011, 10:40 AM »
      I just got word from my guys that the front edge of a major push of fish hit the josh pool in dsr at 9am, that leading edge should be at the staircase by 3-4pm...  ball park by 6pm ... got a call from the ball park..scattered coho's have made it that far already, but not a major run..just groups...it's on boys....go get em.... ;D

Funny.....  today is my best friend Daves birthday...had many a good runs on his birthday...looks like it will be a birthday to remember again..can't wait to hit the river with him... ;D

ADAM AND  I ARE ON OR WAY BRO !! BE THERE FAST !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

lakerdave

« Reply #3901 on: Sep 07, 2011, 02:35 PM »
Reports good  .I went 1 for 6  and my buddie  landed 3 .   Nice day to get the rust out .

wiredstone

« Reply #3902 on: Sep 07, 2011, 04:33 PM »
HERE COMES THE RAIN ! :thumbup_smilie:
wooo fish on. Never mind

salmon stalker

« Reply #3903 on: Sep 07, 2011, 04:35 PM »
Are most of you using fly setups or spinning gear? What is your favorite fishing line, # test and bait of choice? Curious as to what the majority of people are using this time of year. Will be out next week and cant wait, days sure are going by slow and I am certainly not doing alot of work. LOL
The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

fishingjason

« Reply #3904 on: Sep 07, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Last night when I stopped by the Estuary I read the River History sign again. It mentions Atlatic Salmon reintroduction and other facts. I am curious how many more Atlantics wil be caught in the River in the near future.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #3905 on: Sep 07, 2011, 06:10 PM »
I think they are on the rise big time.  They used to be an extreme rarity.  Now you commonly hear a lot of reports from people catching them in the river and on the lake.  A guy caught a 20 lbs Atlantic couple weeks ago out of the Oak.  Posted the pic on LOU thinking it was a king and everybody corrected him on his trophy catch.   ;D

Turf

• The outdoors cant be imitated by a video game!
« Reply #3906 on: Sep 07, 2011, 06:14 PM »
Are most of you using fly setups or spinning gear? What is your favorite fishing line, # test and bait of choice? Curious as to what the majority of people are using this time of year. Will be out next week and cant wait, days sure are going by slow and I am certainly not doing alot of work. LOL

I am interested in the answer to this question also, been thinking of coming up and giving it a try

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #3907 on: Sep 07, 2011, 06:25 PM »
only fished for 2 hours it was good but had to leave early,there was fish but i am sure it got better . Good seeing esox and stormy .I will be there in the mornin,Have fun boys.....

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #3908 on: Sep 07, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Pineville guage showing about 825 right now.  Going down to 500 at 8am.  I will be at the BP about 7:30-8am.  FISH ON!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3909 on: Sep 07, 2011, 08:29 PM »
only fished for 2 hours it was good but had to leave early,there was fish but i am sure it got better . Good seeing esox and stormy .I will be there in the mornin,Have fun boys.....

Your comin back up Dave?

Well took off from the lodge at 2pm..got fishin around 2:30 and fished til 730pm...hooked about 35  landed 5 or so good ones..mostly just broke off fish after a battle with them...actually Dave it just stayed steady where you were  twousies and threesies going by every 3 or 4 minutes So I went and found my own spot..I had good flurries where you would hit 4 fish in 10 casts type stuff.....then a 15 minute break..then do it all over again... right at dark they started pouring in like crazy...tomorrows going to be great...today was a warm up to what's really coming...great seeing all the MFF members....it was like a get together..seen probably 150 hook ups total....
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

lambaste em

• WHERE THE SUCKA'S AT!!
« Reply #3910 on: Sep 07, 2011, 08:33 PM »
I will be back up in the morning , see you then snag...

Fetzer1

« Reply #3911 on: Sep 07, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Your comin back up Dave?

Well took off from the lodge at 2pm..got fishin around 2:30 and fished til 730pm...hooked about 35  landed 5 or so good ones..mostly just broke off fish after a battle with them...actually Dave it just stayed steady where you were  twousies and threesies going by every 3 or 4 minutes So I went and found my own spot..I had good flurries where you would hit 4 fish in 10 casts type stuff.....then a 15 minute break..then do it all over again... right at dark they started pouring in like crazy...tomorrows going to be great...today was a warm up to what's really coming...great seeing all the MFF members....it was like a get together..seen probably 150 hook ups total....

Was it raining too hard for the camera or did you get some nice pics?? Glad to hear you got in to them.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3912 on: Sep 07, 2011, 08:54 PM »
Was it raining too hard for the camera or did you get some nice pics?? Glad to hear you got in to them.
  they were just chinook salmon...no steel or coho's anywhere...it was raining...but we didn't get much....i took a pic of one of Frank's kings...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

tinsucks

« Reply #3913 on: Sep 07, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Shane, we'll be rollin in around 830am. Leave us a note where we could try.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #3914 on: Sep 07, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Pineville guage showing about 825 right now.  Going down to 500 at 8am.  I will be at the BP about 7:30-8am.  FISH ON!

Ill have it all warmed up for you

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.