FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084144 times)

hunterdeneugene

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #4305 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:35 PM »
well I skipped coming up today, but tomorrow might still be in the cards....

wiredstone

« Reply #4306 on: Sep 17, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Nice fish!  Get that on skein?
styrafoam marshmallo on a #2 mustad hook. That swollowed my hook so deep ,I could not see it. {red}
wooo fish on. Never mind

wiredstone

« Reply #4307 on: Sep 17, 2011, 04:46 PM »
I heard the fish above the Bridge in port , moved up. You guys should be getting into them by now. Ranger said they got a native coho in the trailer hole today. Fish and wildlife was at the boat launch checking fish. He told them there are allot of native fish this year.
wooo fish on. Never mind

slazenger28

« Reply #4308 on: Sep 17, 2011, 05:09 PM »
Well I figure the coho run would be down low today so I bit the bullet and went to the DSR. Fished little black all day. Pods and pods of cohos came through all afternoon. Never seen so many cohos. Great day.

salmon stalker

« Reply #4309 on: Sep 17, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Shane, was great meeting you again with Scott, we had a great time. Thanks for your help with gear and introducing Chris and Mark.

Weds we thought was going to be great, started off at Trestle and hooked up/landed low 20# king, had 2 other hooks ups but no dice.

Thurs we started at Trestle again, i went 0 for 3 then it dies down. We then moved to that hole Mark showed up down low, nothing happening but Mark did land a nice king. We went back to trestle to finish the day, no hits for us but did see several hooked up however no one could land them. Three of us got the skunk Thurs.

Friday was by far the best fishing day, i went 2 for 16, landing 1 12lb brown and low 20 lb king, had another fight for over 16 minutes and she was beat up and sideways in current, line hit a rock and away she went, was a really fat king, guide said well over 30#'s, bummer. Also had several other long fights that certainly makes the arm hurt, great day for us NH boys. My buddy mike 2 for 8 landed a fat king and nice coho and Scott landed a steelie and lost a couple nice kings.  Nothing like these big salmon doing flips and jumps, amazing shows they put on. So we got a grand slam as a group, not bad. The guide said clay hole and little black were on fire with everyone catching. Who knows but thats what he said. I will be back in 2 weeks for a day trip, i am hooked  :D

If anyone needs advice on catching fall fish, Scott is the man. He went 4 for 4 on chubs...LOL (Sorry Scott, had to do it  ;D)

The outdoors, a real man's playground!!!!!!

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4310 on: Sep 17, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Shane, was great meeting you again with Scott, we had a great time. Thanks for your help with gear and introducing Chris and Mark.

Weds we thought was going to be great, started off at Trestle and hooked up/landed low 20# king, had 2 other hooks ups but no dice.

Thurs we started at Trestle again, i went 0 for 3 then it dies down. We then moved to that hole Mark showed up down low, nothing happening but Mark did land a nice king. We went back to trestle to finish the day, no hits for us but did see several hooked up however no one could land them. Three of us got the skunk Thurs.

Friday was by far the best fishing day, i went 2 for 16, landing 1 12lb brown and low 20 lb king, had another fight for over 16 minutes and she was beat up and sideways in current, line hit a rock and away she went, was a really fat king, guide said well over 30#'s, bummer. Also had several other long fights that certainly makes the arm hurt, great day for us NH boys. My buddy mike 2 for 8 landed a fat king and nice coho and Scott landed a steelie and lost a couple nice kings.  Nothing like these big salmon doing flips and jumps, amazing shows they put on. So we got a grand slam as a group, not bad. The guide said clay hole and little black were on fire with everyone catching. Who knows but thats what he said. I will be back in 2 weeks for a day trip, i am hooked  :D

If anyone needs advice on catching fall fish, Scott is the man. He went 4 for 4 on chubs...LOL (Sorry Scott, had to do it  ;D)

I think chub fishing will be the next big thing!!!! If anyone needs advice, just use egg sacks, they apparently LOVE THEM!!!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

esox v

« Reply #4311 on: Sep 17, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Wasn't talking about you Scott...I had some other guys there that said yes there was some fish..not a major run by any means..really not even as good as late August... You guys did well in that pool because you had 60-80 fish swimming around there and not moving.. That's not a run, thats just some fish..that's all I meant, believe me it gets alot better than what you experienced..,.   I'm just saying hopefully today is a REAL run, not just small groups...  I have guys down low right now that say it's picking up compared to earlier...  take care bro!!!

Esox your box has been full the last few days.
 I think its a real run today.... Saw tons of hook ups down were mark was.... saw as many as 8 to 10 on at a time... All cohos....  Saw a good mix (25 or 30) of kings and cohos just swirling around in the town pool also.. Jay said the Ball park was also on fire just before dark... cohos and kings...

Thanks bro... I called you back and left you a message a while back !!  
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #4312 on: Sep 17, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Wasn't talking about you Scott...I had some other guys there that said yes there was some fish..not a major run by any means..really not even as good as late August... You guys did well in that pool because you had 60-80 fish swimming around there and not moving.. That's not a run, thats just some fish..that's all I meant, believe me it gets alot better than what you experienced..,.   I'm just saying hopefully today is a REAL run, not just small groups...  I have guys down low right now that say it's picking up compared to earlier...  take care bro!!!

Esox your box has been full the last few days.

I just wouldn't know the difference, I'm learning man....the more trips I make the more I will learn. To me is seemed like a huge run lol thanks again for all your help!
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

fishingjason

« Reply #4313 on: Sep 17, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Nice fish to the NH guys! I'm glad to hear your trip was a success! Next time you come up there should be fish in the entire river for you guys to hit. Those Salmon really fight like crazy huh? If you could make it up around the end of October the crowds are less and the chance of multi species with ease is very high. Thanks for the weekend posts.
It made me have to drive up for 2.5 hours of fishing after work today.

Robbieq16

« Reply #4314 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:06 PM »
was there ne cohos in the pods coming up the river this weekend

esox v

« Reply #4315 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:28 PM »
Yep.... and lots of them !!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #4316 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:30 PM »
I hooked one

Robbieq16

« Reply #4317 on: Sep 17, 2011, 09:47 PM »
Nice ne thing special that they where taking

lehigh vally

« Reply #4318 on: Sep 17, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Fished the lower end again this morning, hit some fresh fish rite off...landed a nice 13lb co-ho...Jeff's son Josh and Jerry's son Gabe were enjoying there morning on the Salmon river watching and learning the ways of the river

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #4319 on: Sep 17, 2011, 10:16 PM »

This picture somes it up...UNBELIEVABLE afternoon...COHOS COHO'S COHO'S  The whole lodge fished the LB and lower staircase....you litterly could hook one almost every cast for the last 2 hours...it was Silly...doulbles..triples .... at one point we had 7 on at the same time...... I know I hit 60 in 3 hours..everyone smashed them ...it was totally insane......

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.