FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084176 times)

bcons

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #5175 on: Oct 06, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Deervalley the reports always start to dwindle this time of yr.  Sooooo much to do. Sharks, perch, walleye, hunting ohhh my.  Not to mention all the fall chores we all have. 
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Stormy_NY

« Reply #5176 on: Oct 06, 2011, 01:21 PM »
River Valleys and a Frost morning

dmntd169

« Reply #5177 on: Oct 06, 2011, 02:08 PM »
The only problem with putting trash barrels out is, who is going to empty them?  Simple carry in/ carry out!  But thats just too hard for people to grasp.  What gets me is the trash you find.  I mean how much $**t do people need to carry.  The last time I went out I had so much line that I had picked up it was dragging behind me.  People prolly thought I was leaving it behind lol.

Not to mention I'm sure there would be guys that would try taking them home with em unless they were bolted down, they seem to have no problem taking anything else that doesn't belong to them  :cursing: :cursing:

I picked up a ton of old line as I was leaving yesterday...threw it in a shopping bag and brought it home....went through it all and refilled my gear box with enough hooks, swivels, weights, flies, ect to replace most of what I've lost so far this season  ;)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

deervalley27

« Reply #5178 on: Oct 06, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Deervalley the reports always start to dwindle this time of yr.  Sooooo much to do. Sharks, perch, walleye, hunting ohhh my.  Not to mention all the fall chores we all have. 

DWINDLE ?????????? this time of year ????   not even peak yet........
I thought the title of this  forum was " 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread"

Santo180

« Reply #5179 on: Oct 06, 2011, 02:29 PM »
Not to mention I'm sure there would be guys that would try taking them home with em unless they were bolted down, they seem to have no problem taking anything else that doesn't belong to them  :cursing: :cursing:

I picked up a ton of old line as I was leaving yesterday...threw it in a shopping bag and brought it home....went through it all and refilled my gear box with enough hooks, swivels, weights, flies, ect to replace most of what I've lost so far this season  ;)

I love it when I catch fish with other peoples trash.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5180 on: Oct 06, 2011, 02:37 PM »

Theres really only one solution, when you see someone leave there crap, call em out on it and make em take it .... ..I've done it before..I don't care how you fish, but trash gets old.... great weather boys....get out and enjoy it ...been cleaning quite a few, but not like high water years......  lower end you half to work for them, but sportsman's up is fishin descent!!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Dark Cloud

« Reply #5181 on: Oct 06, 2011, 03:46 PM »
I'll never understand the garbage issues! Maybe people just think "hey, I dont live here"?  The staircase area was horrible yesterday. I picked up some but it would take a 4 man crew probably half a day...
I remember the garbage cans around also. But I also remember yahoos putting salmon carcasses in them! Used to see the people from the correctional facility there more often also. It would be nice to see a crew of them out everyday... but it would be even nicer if that wasnt needed...
Snag - I did notice that the ellis area was as clean as i'd ever seen it, thanks...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

dmntd169

« Reply #5182 on: Oct 06, 2011, 04:04 PM »
I love it when I catch fish with other peoples trash.

I love "christmas trees" too...1 of the fish I landed yesterday had 7 hooks in it and it was only a mid teens king  :o
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

P.B.R

« Reply #5183 on: Oct 06, 2011, 05:26 PM »
WOW    A GUY CAN SEE THE FISHING HAS GOTA SUCK UP AND DOWN THE WHOLE RIVER ........ TWO WHOLE PAGES OF GARBAGE COMMENTS.... Hope it rains soon so  we  all can get back to fishing......

Oh Yeah........ ball park was dead except for a few tired dark piggies  trying to  sneak through........ running on about 3 cylinders 
(I know I can, I know I can)

Did you stand on the same rock again for hours and not hook anything?

fishgalore

« Reply #5184 on: Oct 06, 2011, 05:27 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoAXW30mMAg&feature=related

A song to get you ready for what's about to unfold this weekend...creeks are dried up, DSR owns 4 miles now and if theres no new lower end fish soon.. The upper end will be the only game in town and is going to look like woodstock this weekend with sunshine and 80 degree temps....

Good song...........you never hear that on the radio anymore......even the classic rock stations.

fishgalore

« Reply #5185 on: Oct 06, 2011, 05:35 PM »
 A Thousand transient people have that effect on a place... It's like an outdoor rock concert... Like i have said before.......... Taking out what you brought in is not enough.... you need to bring out more than you take in.......to keep it clean. END OF STORY...........

I've seen the same thing in the back country backpacking, supposed lovers of the outdoors, backpacking and camping. Lots of trash left out in the deep woods by a bunch of inconsiderate buffoons. I always carried out more than I carried in or burned up paper products by the campfire.

When I come back up I'm bringing a bag to attach to the chest pack to haul out some trash.

deervalley27

« Reply #5186 on: Oct 06, 2011, 05:49 PM »

There pounding them from Ellis cove up  ................

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5187 on: Oct 06, 2011, 07:02 PM »
well  we  can all  complain ,but it  won't  make  any  differance  so  carry a  extra  bag or  two with you ,  i been lucky  most  places i beeb fishing been clean!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

hunterdeneugene

« Reply #5188 on: Oct 06, 2011, 07:36 PM »
ballpark wasn't too bad.....

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #5189 on: Oct 06, 2011, 08:00 PM »

lookin good!!!!  :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.