FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084318 times)

esox v

Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #6720 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:50 PM »
in 1945. all im saying is most shooters opt for a more accurate round now
 I would target shoot with 7.62x39 or 308 ammo in my FN FAL ..... the cartridge size is identical.....
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #6721 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:50 PM »
XCEPT buddy I'll bust ya on one thing, while I agree 7.62 sux, it also has a lot to due with barrel heating/temp & the make of the weapon has a lot to do with how well the round does, seemingly more so with 7.62.  While it's certainyl been proven reliable in battle over & over again (under 150-200 yds) the quality of the peice has a lot to do with it.  My Ruger vs SKS was night & day
oh it will shoot round after round as long as its not wolf ammo

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #6722 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:56 PM »
bcon  i  have  a  ruger  mini  -14   in  5.56    and  if  i   burn  a  10  round  clip    that  barrel  will  ger  red    all  acc  lost   thats   just  the   name  of  the  game  ....  oh  my  sks  i  got  at  a    syracuse  gun  show   for   79  bucks   lol   ......   there   just  fun  to  shoot   and   at  100 yrds   you'll  do ok   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

draketrutta

« Reply #6723 on: Dec 02, 2011, 09:03 PM »
bcon  i  have  a  ruger  mini  -14   in  5.56    and  if  i   burn  a  10  round  clip    that  barrel  will  ger  red    all  acc  lost   thats   just  the   name  of  the  game  ....  oh  my  sks  i  got  at  a    syracuse  gun  show   for   79  bucks   lol   ......   there   just  fun  to  shoot   and   at  100 yrds   you'll  do ok   ;D

Get a Savage 223 with heavy barrel - reach out and touch them from the next county.
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

esox v

« Reply #6724 on: Dec 02, 2011, 09:04 PM »
bcon  i  have  a  ruger  mini  -14   in  5.56   
You can shoot 223 with that gun.......................

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Dark Cloud

« Reply #6725 on: Dec 02, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Do you notice any torque twist when the reel is under pressure ?  That single stanchion set up looks slick !

No on the torque twist. That reel is built like a brick s@#t house. What do you mean by the "single stanchion"?
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

trapper2000

« Reply #6726 on: Dec 02, 2011, 09:38 PM »

5.56   is   a  223

trapper2000

« Reply #6727 on: Dec 02, 2011, 10:28 PM »
hey trapp did you use a 30 round clip  ::) ::) prolly not much to cut up after but it gets the job done lol

no  i  got  a  5  round  clip  i mail ordered ( i  think  center  fire  arms)you  can't  have  a  semi  auto  afield  other  then a 22  (not  sure  about  a  17  cal)  that  can hold  more  then  5   rounds, and  unlike   a  duck  plug    you   can't  plug  the   clip .  

Special Ed

« Reply #6728 on: Dec 02, 2011, 10:32 PM »
No on the torque twist. That reel is built like a brick s@#t house. What do you mean by the "single stanchion"?
The neck of the reel.  The mount etc.   Stanchion is just a better sounding word !  ;D

Special Ed

« Reply #6729 on: Dec 02, 2011, 10:53 PM »
Is there an echo in here ? ::) ;)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #6730 on: Dec 03, 2011, 12:48 AM »
yea but the 2nd drift was down right exciting ;D Untill our drift boat guide let FM  man the oars, scariest 30 seconds of my life  :w00t: :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
If I had my faithfull helmet on, you might not have missed so many fish!!! :P

Coach and I went on our first ever boat ride down the SR.... It was an awesome experience....by the way, if any one has never done it before, it is a must. I made the mistake..(or so I thought at first), of leaving my truck keys in the guides vehicle (that was parked in Altmar at our starting point)......my truck was at pineville bridge! :cookoo: as our pick up vehicle. Halfway through our first drift, It struck me.....uhhhh, hey Jay...remember that joke we made this morning about leaving my keys in your truck?.....Well, I just remembered that I actually did. :wacko: (That's why I called ya Snag)....and my friggen phone died right in the middle of our conversation.   Luckily, when we got to Pineville, a savior was just loading up, and gave us a ride back to Altmar. So what does our guide (buddy) say.....LETS RUN HER AGAIN DAMMIT.......and we did. Second run was alot more comfy, and we had alot more knowledge of the layout of  the river, and the different techniques we were using. I'm hooked on the pin for sure. We took a couple pics, not many on the water, cause the weather was rocking pretty good.

Coach with the pin

FM, being his typical self

HOPE YOUR DAY WAS AS FUN AS MINE COACH :flag:

coachwarner

« Reply #6731 on: Dec 03, 2011, 05:54 AM »
If I had my faithfull helmet on, you might not have missed so many fish!!! :P

HOPE YOUR DAY WAS AS FUN AS MINE COACH :flag:

Is was a GREAT DAY Thanks  :flag:
We must have looked like 2 kids in a candy store floatin down the river.
Great fishing!! Fantastic Guide ( Jay,who i would highly recommend :thumbup_smilie:),and a barrel, or two, of laughs with a good friend who could ask for anything more.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #6732 on: Dec 03, 2011, 09:31 AM »

Alot of yesterday's snow melted...but somes hangin tough along with some heavy rime frost this morning, we bottomed out at 20 degrees this morning slowly un doing last weeks unusually warm weather that pushed the river temps back up into the mid 40's and in effect caused the great steelhead streak that we have been experiencing.  I will be curious to see how the fishing reports shake out over the next couple of days with river temps falling again back to more seasonable levels. Even though it's suppose to be 50 degrees tomorrow, it don't matter to us guys up here, we got snow to melt up top , so water temps will continue to slip. Just had some guys come in that are hitting fish, so seems as though not much damage done yet. With the enormous amount of steelhead present this year, even after it slows, it will still be probably be the best begginning to winter we have ever had.

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

monic20

« Reply #6733 on: Dec 03, 2011, 09:43 AM »
On my way !!!!

esox v

« Reply #6734 on: Dec 03, 2011, 11:30 AM »

5.56   is   a  223
NO..... a 5.56 NATO round is not a 223 !! That's why they Do Not recommend you shoot a 5.56 round out of a 223.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=41770

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.