FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread  (Read 1084200 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: 2011 SALMON RIVER - SALMON AND STEELHEAD Thread
« Reply #7350 on: Dec 21, 2011, 09:19 AM »

Rains coming down pretty good out there,  grounds saturated and or frozen... plan on big water for a while.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Drifter_016

« Reply #7351 on: Dec 21, 2011, 09:36 AM »

THIS IS 4 1/2 inches

l==============================================l

Not on my monitor it isn't.   ;D
That there be 7 1/4" on my screen.   :police:

Drifter_016

« Reply #7352 on: Dec 21, 2011, 09:42 AM »
we  fish  oswego  at over 13,000 diferance  is  the  normal  depth and  width  salmon  river  at  1800 can  be  tough  and  fast

I know I'm just breaking balls is all.   ;D

lehigh vally

« Reply #7353 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:04 AM »

Rains coming down pretty good out there,  grounds saturated and or frozen... plan on big water for a while.
    :'( :'( :'(

griz104

« Reply #7354 on: Dec 21, 2011, 10:12 AM »
They are now calling for a Big NorEaster to hit this weekend..Supposed to come up along the Coast like last year..Washington..Philly all the way to Boston..Guess they aren't sure how far inland it is coming yet...

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7355 on: Dec 21, 2011, 01:29 PM »
noreast  usally  gives  every fish  lock jaw  to boot  ....heck  we  had  great  weather  since  sept  ,   ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

troutaddict33

« Reply #7356 on: Dec 21, 2011, 02:15 PM »
So the 26th would be bad timing to take my first trip there for Winter Steelhead??   :'( :'(

rakerdave

« Reply #7357 on: Dec 21, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Fished the river hard today ,morning bite was good but I was having trouble landing hooks . I went  1-3 on battles . Lost one right at the net . Lots of missed takes . My one buddie went 1-5 , and the other 4-6.  Bite shut right off around 10:30.  AlmLost all were very fresh fish . Not many people out  .

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #7358 on: Dec 21, 2011, 05:49 PM »
Fished yest evening for two hours. Ended up hookin 11 and landin one. The one i landed was a real nice one that put up a great battle. Thanx for the company shane! Hey kowboy, WASSSSSUP!
Nice job findin em

kowboy

« Reply #7359 on: Dec 21, 2011, 07:00 PM »
Whats going on deadeyez sorry i missed u yesterday left around 1235pm but had agreat time i was there about 4hrs and i felt like 15 minutes its was great to b on the sr. Might headup tomarrow for a day but checking the weather to see if it will b ok.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #7360 on: Dec 21, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Fished yest evening for two hours. Ended up hookin 11 and landin one. The one i landed was a real nice one that put up a great battle. Thanx for the company shane! Hey kowboy, WASSSSSUP!

I forgot about that one Bob .... wish we had a camera, must of went 12lbs easy.......  Fishin was tougher today, although again I had a guest do double digits...I fished my usual 2 hours ....only 2 for 4 tonight, got the waders out and moved a bit tonight ...lots of water out there...seen quite a few hook ups by others, but it came in spurts...
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

kowboy

« Reply #7361 on: Dec 21, 2011, 08:18 PM »
Nice report about weather so im heading up for the day as ill b going back to work soon so want to spend all the time i can on the river. Hope to c some of u on the river. Kowboys got to get gear ready to go SWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEET

KingPerch

« Reply #7362 on: Dec 22, 2011, 12:56 PM »
Looked for you this morning kowboy!! Nowhere in sight. I fished this morning till 1:30, went 0-7 today ??? 3 breakoffs, 1 breakoff from a guy who couldn't understand FISH ON, crossing my line, fishing with what seemed to be 15# BRAID line :cookoo: :cursing: :cursing: and the rest were from the hook coming loose. I thought it was just me, until I watched fishinaddict go through the same deals. Good fishing with you today Ryan!! Got a picture of a local kid who hooked and landed a beauty of a chromer!! He showed up with a simple setup, no waders, picked up a hook and blue netting, on his 3rd cast...BAM!! He ran outta running room with no waders. I took his rod and fish around the turn, after yelling at the guy who previously broke me off to move the hell outta the way, handed it back to him to land his fish!! Good stuff Steve!! Nice sharing the fishing hole with you today my friend!!  Life is Good!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #7363 on: Dec 22, 2011, 01:12 PM »
http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/KingPerch/IMAG0316-1.jpg[/img]] Nice fish Steve! He wanted me to post his pic, but, not give away his fishing spot! ;)--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

nightfisher

« Reply #7364 on: Dec 22, 2011, 02:42 PM »
 I must have missed you KP, I left at around 10. went 3 for 3 on steelies and then played in the petting zoo for a while.
Funny watching those coho's grabbing each other and fighting. Hope to be up next week for a few days.
Happy Holidays to the MFF crew.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.