FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415211 times)

wertty

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #120 on: Apr 22, 2012, 04:16 AM »
  peter          the slips at toad harbor and charlys bay is/was  over fished for years now. it showes in your fish basket
. the populas of syracuse has over run its shoreline. go to big bay creek at west end. you need a boat

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #121 on: Apr 22, 2012, 06:00 AM »
Only get the chance to get from Albany to Oneida a few times a year, both hard and soft water. Want to try Toad Harbor for crappie. Was told two things, one a boat is not needed, and two, it is a very short window of
opportunity and it is very close to closing. I know alot is weather dependent but in general? I am on a job with daily work through the 7th of May, does the run contiue beyond that? I call Charley's for up to date info,but they were is a bit of a better hurry mode. Thanks for any news.

Slips are burnt out, waste of time. My shop is within 5ish miles from there. I think I made a comment on the BS thread about them. If ya go, have fun, but don't blame me for a waste of time.  Being honest.

wiredstone

« Reply #122 on: Apr 22, 2012, 06:26 AM »
Been packed  and ready for walleye since last fall. ;D Hope to see you guys in 2 weeks. I need a walleye fix.
wooo fish on. Never mind

gotagetm

« Reply #123 on: Apr 22, 2012, 08:24 AM »
we are coming up for opener as we do every year we usually go out of sylvan but i may want to go out to shackelton sholes can someone tell me where closest launch to that area is and how to get there ill be coming north on 81 off of thruway  thanks for any help . 

OneidaLakeEyes

• Ready for Walleye season yet?
« Reply #124 on: Apr 22, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Cant wait for the opener. My boat will be ready by then and all I have to do is launch in Cicero and drift all day and night.
Walleye, Bullhead, Pike, Trout. Its that time of year again.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #125 on: Apr 22, 2012, 08:48 AM »
we are coming up for opener as we do every year we usually go out of sylvan but i may want to go out to shackelton sholes can someone tell me where closest launch to that area is and how to get there ill be coming north on 81 off of thruway  thanks for any help . 
Either chapman Park on the south shore or apps on the north shore , either way its a 2 mile boat ride . Good luck .

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #126 on: Apr 22, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Either chapman Park on the south shore or apps on the north shore , either way its a 2 mile boat ride . Good luck .

no boat launch at apps.  just docking facilities, godfries or spruce grove on northshore.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Munson

« Reply #127 on: Apr 22, 2012, 10:34 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why would you offer any spots that don't even have a launch and even more misleading that they're further away from Shackleton Shoals than more convenient and legitimate launches.  I don't know that lake too well yet but I've been to the DEC South Shore Launch in Briggs Bay several times already.    It's just a short ride outside of Dutchmans island to Shackleton Shoals.

http://oneidalakeview.com/maps/Oneida+Lake+NOAA+Nautical+Chart

drowndin dots

« Reply #128 on: Apr 22, 2012, 10:44 AM »
 no boat launch at apps.  just docking facilities, godfries or spruce grove on northshore.
Oops , my bad . should have waited for the coffee to kick in  :) Munson , just throwing a couple options out there . I fish the west end mostly and was thinking about Ice season and that is how I would access the Shack ..... here is a link that should be helpfull
http://www.oneidalake.com/fishing.php

Again good luck  :afro:

coachwarner

« Reply #129 on: Apr 22, 2012, 12:48 PM »
DD, i think you left your coffee cup in my truck  :w00t: :rotflol:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

coachwarner

« Reply #130 on: Apr 22, 2012, 12:56 PM »
The DEC South Shore Boat launch would probably be your best bet, you may want to get there early it could get a little CRAZY opening day.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Munson

« Reply #131 on: Apr 22, 2012, 01:27 PM »
Slips are burnt out, waste of time. My shop is within 5ish miles from there. I think I made a comment on the BS thread about them. If ya go, have fun, but don't blame me for a waste of time.  Being honest.
Stood next to my buddy last week at the Toad Harbor Slips and watched him pull 8 nice crappies out in less than 20 casts.
 He said too many people rely on a jig below a bobber to catch fish in that spot.  If they don't catch fish that way, they leave and say the place is dead.
  He caught them by dragging the bottom with a snagless rig that he makes with a dropper a few feet above it with his lure tied to the dropper lead.
    He starts with a long dropper lead and shortens it up if the fish are deeper.   Seemed to work pretty good for him.   
I went fish less with a jig, bobber and minnows.

drowndin dots

« Reply #132 on: Apr 22, 2012, 02:26 PM »
DD, i think you left your coffee cup in my truck  :w00t: :rotflol:

happens more often than not  :rotflol: :rotflol:

filetandrelease

« Reply #133 on: Apr 22, 2012, 05:24 PM »

south shore launch would be shorter and like the old coach said earlier , i like the launch at godfrey's and that will be a zoo to , think maybe this year i will let Mrs. filet charge some of the guys on lessons on how to launch a boat , last 2 she asked last year if they needed help got all psst off , and coach somebody asked if she was in a hurry and she told them not at all we can only keep 6  ;D now you know where release came from  ;)

KingPerch

« Reply #134 on: Apr 22, 2012, 05:32 PM »

south shore launch would be shorter and like the old coach said earlier , i like the launch at godfrey's and that will be a zoo to , think maybe this year i will let Mrs. filet charge some of the guys on lessons on how to launch a boat , last 2 she asked last year if they needed help got all psst off , and coach somebody asked if she was in a hurry and she told them not at all we can only keep 6  ;D now you know where release came from   ;)
  :rotflol:
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.