FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415237 times)

coachwarner

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2012, 07:43 AM »
Anyone think the high muddy creeks dumping into the lake will put them off tomorrow night, or will the warmer rain water keep them moving?  Fish Creek and Oneida Creek are very high and chocolate brown.
Water color is off, but didn't effect the fishing. FM and I got our limit last night  ;)

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2012, 07:55 AM »
Water color is off, but didn't effect the fishing. FM and I got our limit last night  ;)

color is not a bad thing

shut up and fish

OTIS

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2012, 08:26 AM »
Thanks guys, maybe we'll give it a shot.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

ICE ADDICT

« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2012, 08:32 AM »
ICE ADDICT........I will see you on the ice as soon as this off season is done. great job with the eyes my freind this past weekend.  8)

Thanks H.T.!   " off season"  I LOVE IT!! :clapping: Thats exactly how I feel as well :thumbup_smilie:.......COME ON WINTER!!! :w00t:
We all believe in something,...I believe I'll go fishin'....

stugny

« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Any one know a good spot on the North East side of the lake to take a young child for Rock bass, sunfish or perch?  We have a small row boat we can use if there isn't a good location by land.

sunshine

« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2012, 10:04 AM »
The cormorants were in a feeding frenzy at the mouth of Scriba creek this morning. Hopefully they are feeding on the tons of minnows that are schooled there.
Nice morning except for the bugs. Got six walleyes and two of the biggest white perch I have ever seen.
Also caught a tipup loaded with zebra mussels. If you are from Lafayette, and ice fish near Long Island, I have it here in Constantia. Couldn't read the name on it.

OTIS

« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Any one know a good spot on the North East side of the lake to take a young child for Rock bass, sunfish or perch?  We have a small row boat we can use if there isn't a good location by land.

You can slide your boat into the canal under the bridge in Sylvan Beach (south side).  From there you can hug the shore line, Fish the back water around the island across the canal, or slip into any of the marinas.  You should be able to connect with some fish within a short distance of the bridge.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2012, 11:35 AM »

If I was taking kids I would hit one of the small lakes in Madison County, like Cazenovia, throw a car top in off Route 20, lots more sunnies, gills and rockies there.  Eaton Brook is good for that stuff too. 
shut up and fish

OTIS

« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Once you get a couple more posts under your belt (5 I think) you will be able to send and receive personal messages.  Send me one and I'll list out some of the local places I found to take kids fishing with and without a boat.

stugny

« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Thanks for the replies. 

stugny

« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2012, 12:08 PM »
I used used to fish a ton especially with my dad when younger but many of the places we went from shore are posted or inaccessible now.  My 8yr is starting to get into it much more this year and I am so loving it!  We have been fishing on the local creek but it is a little spoty this spring for him.  Doesn't have the patience yet!  That is why I am looking for the pan fish.

stugny

« Reply #341 on: May 09, 2012, 12:08 PM »
Besides that he loved the Rock Bass we cooked up!  (Thats 5 :))

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #342 on: May 09, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Congrats to everyone on yet ANOTHER fantastic opener!  :thumbup_smilie:

My crew and I did well jiggin' by day and tossin' sticks by night, my biggest fish was a 21".   Caught fish anywhere from out in 25 FOW on in to about 14...At night we threw at rocks in as little as 2 feet and out to 5.  I was getting all my fish on 5/8 oz. Bucktails, tipped with plastic during the day, and at night various Rapalas worked just nice.  I knew it was gonna be another steller opener when I caught my first Eye jiggin' a slip float at Apps for crappies on Friday morning!  Stayed until Monday Morning, and had a fantastic time!! CAN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!!   The Ice Addict will be giving the GoggleEyes a chance to recover until ICE!! Keep em' in check for me brotha's!!

Thank you for stopping by and delivering my beanie Mr. President, You, Filet and Mr. Release are ALL swell guys!  ;)

Rick's PO'd we didn't invite him to join our club!!   I can see why, HE lies about fishing more than anyone I know!!  :D

Heres the one I caught at Rick's marina Friday. I think that was my favorite one of the weekend!

And heres a nice  shot of my favorite spot on the North shore!

Glad to hear you guys had a great long weekend John!!!!!  :thumbup_smilie:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

KingPerch

« Reply #343 on: May 09, 2012, 04:40 PM »
The fish we caught were mostly on structure and rapid depth changes. We got some early (daybreak) throwing 5/8 oz black/purple bucktails in shallow shoals (5 to 13 fow). I know 5/8 seems big, and it is, but they seem to like it. That bite died off for us as the sun came up. We switched to the deeper structure ( 21 - 29 fow ). Right now, as you can read in posts from the veterans, you can get 'em by throwing a bucktail or a sonar. There are cases where they are grouped up a little on the flats, mostly the post-spawn males, but usually a better bet is to locate and fish the sloping bottom. Take a run-and-gun approach. Spend 15 or 20 minutes on a spot. If they ain't there ... they ain't there ... move on. For a few of us there seems to be a morning pattern and a separate evening pattern. An empty spot in the morning can have walleyes on it after supper.
There are a zillion ways to catch walleyes on this lake. Choose your weapon (sticks, cranks, spinners, plastics, jigs, sonars, live bait, etc., etc.). Pick one or two and get good at it. Hitch a ride with a veteran when you can. Good luck!!

When are you fishing next Jim??? :whistling: Jr. and I will be headed out Friday night for a NINJA RUN!!! Titelines!!--KP ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Hollywood

« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Was going by the lake about 3, knew I couldn't go this evening so I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Motored over a few fish, set up to drift over them and 6 casts later headed in with a limit. What a great opening week so far.  ;D   The last couple days the bucktail/worm has been getting it done. Lots of floating crap out there after all this rain, keep your eyes open.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.