FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414646 times)

reeleyz

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2012, 09:00 PM »
It looks like there may be some type of rescue going on out near shackletons. Looks like a couple of fire boats and a helicopter.

We were out there earlier and there was nobody else out there. My buddy Eric and I jigged up 8 eyes, then went in and tossed sticks at dark and picked up 7 more nice ones.

OTIS

« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40 PM »
OTIS....your mailbox is full! ;)

D'OH!  All fixed!

Is it just me, or are the eye's running a little on the small side this yr. Been fishing from shore, but even the pics from the lake look like smaller fish.

Last weekend we got them jigging and they were between 15 and 19 inches.  Tonight we were chucking sticks out from Cozy Corners and they were all shorts!

Do you guys jig from shore or just boats?  What size jigs for jigging from shore? I am not much for jigging, It always feels like im going to get hung up and usually do.

I fish primarily out of a boat, but have jigged from shore for years.  You can throw whatever, I usually use: twisters on a 1/4 or 1/8 head; buck tails 1/8-5/8 plain, tipped with a worm or minnow, or rigged with a twister; or shad type plastics on a 1/4 or 1/8 head.  Twisters and lead heads are cheap so I throw them where I think there's going to be snags.  Most of the places in the canal in Sylvan Beach are fairly clean.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

LOA

« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Took my first skunk of the spring tonight. I have done alright the first few trips. When i left i took my flashlight and spotted the shoreline for a bit, I started seeing glowing eyes in 6-12" of water, a couple monsters. Waded back out and casted some more. Nothing. Fish were so shallow you couldn't do much, or at least I couldn't. Fished from 9-11pm on the south shore.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #393 on: May 11, 2012, 10:49 PM »
  Another good bite tonight, lake layed down earlier than the past 2 nights and the good bite died with it...by 1030pm it was over, hit 2 spots, both produced well....... I landed 17 eyes, my buddy bob did just about as many.. good night, threw back some good ones and kept 3 17 inchers.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

00Fisher00

« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2012, 03:03 AM »
This thread is useless without pictures!! ;)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2012, 05:24 AM »

R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hollywood

« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2012, 05:53 AM »
;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2012, 06:41 AM »

happy now  :w00t: nice pics you 2

hollywood due you ever fizz your fish ? so they don't have to due the back stroke  ;D

nightfisher

« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2012, 06:49 AM »

8)

filetandrelease

« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2012, 07:05 AM »

hey night fisher look at that mess now you have to clean and eat those nasty things poor guy ;)

nightfisher

« Reply #400 on: May 12, 2012, 07:16 AM »
  I don't eat the trout, now the walleye are a diffrent story  ;D
BTW happy belated Birthday to the both of you.

tcrappie

« Reply #401 on: May 12, 2012, 07:53 AM »
What do you learn from the pics, its the info that is most important...anyways nice job snag ...fished out near constantia, got 2 ,18inch eyes on silver and black rap.....One had those worm parasites in its gills, real long and white ..can anyone give me more info about those??? thanks guys gl to all.

LOA

« Reply #402 on: May 12, 2012, 10:12 AM »
 Another good bite tonight, lake layed down earlier than the past 2 nights and the good bite died with it...by 1030pm it was over, hit 2 spots, both produced well....... I landed 17 eyes, my buddy bob did just about as many.. good night, threw back some good ones and kept 3 17 inchers.

You fishing from a boat or from shore?

KingPerch

« Reply #403 on: May 12, 2012, 10:19 AM »
Took my first skunk of the spring tonight. I have done alright the first few trips. When i left i took my flashlight and spotted the shoreline for a bit, I started seeing glowing eyes in 6-12" of water, a couple monsters. Waded back out and casted some more. Nothing. Fish were so shallow you couldn't do much, or at least I couldn't. Fished from 9-11pm on the south shore.
When you see them that shallow....don't wade out. Just cast to them and see if they'll bite!! Mighta spooked them entering the water!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #404 on: May 12, 2012, 10:30 AM »
I fished last night with Jr., Coach and my friend Pat. Fished from 8-12:00. all had hookups really quick. Jr. caught 2, Coach caught 2, Pat caught 2,  and KP coulda had a limit, but, dropped every fish I had hooked. :-\ The final straw was when I was reeling in a really nice fish, when the hook popped out at the shore, I reached down to grab the fish with one hand, set my rod down with the other, wally decided to take a spin, I reached for the fish with my free hand, stuck the dorsal fin in my hand, and .........you guys can figure out the rest!!!!! ;D After cleaning up the blood, returned to fishing only, to have Mr. Beaver show up, not impressed with us being in his spot, started slapping his tail on the water and spooked the fish out! Great night with great people. Coach and Pat, nice fishing with you guys. Jr., great job on your fish buddy!! Including the pig smallmouth you caught!! :bowdown: :flex: I have fished through many fishless days..... without regret!! LIFE IS GOOD!! Titelines!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.