FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414989 times)

fishingaddict

• Fishing is not an addiction, Its the CURE!
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2012, 08:56 PM »
Hey guys, I have a boat rental coming up for this weekend out of Charley's which means mosly around the west end ( the islands) or Constantia if the lake is nice. I can save an hour coming from Albany if I use Marion Marina and fish that area. Which makes the most sense?
<arion Manor has nice boats with quite 4strokes, but you gotta have them back a half hour before dark, man does that suck!!!!!!!!!!
Fish fear me!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2012, 09:02 PM »
Hey guys, I have a boat rental coming up for this weekend out of Charley's which means mosly around the west end ( the islands) or Constantia if the lake is nice. I can save an hour coming from Albany if I use Marion Marina and fish that area. Which makes the most sense?

are you trolling, casting, jigging? I assume your walleye fishin.  East end is deeper with less structure, if you like structure, do charlies, if you enjoy longer drifts and jig, do marion manor.  my 2 cents.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Hollywood

« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2012, 09:30 PM »
Short trip after work, put 7 in the boat all on bucktail/worm. All of them were 16" except for 1 short, weird to have them all the exact same size. Strange drift tonight, don't usually get a SE push out there.

gatorsin09

« Reply #468 on: May 14, 2012, 11:08 PM »
Weird night, ran out to frenchmans on my drift I saved from last year there was an odd northwest wind around 700 then some dark clouds went through and the wind picked up for a half hour. Nothing on harness,bucktail,sonar at french so headed over to the clear skies near maple bay and picked up a 17 and a half and 15 and a half right at dark off a harness and a bucktail. 20 fow. The west end is really stumping me, I trolled 90% of the time last year starting in june so I feel totally lost out there. Just not getting anything jigging, trying to stay on dropoffs but pretty lost out west. I know the fish are there and im using the right stuff I just dont have the experience to find them! hope I can find something tomorrow when I bring people out theyre so excited from last years success....I tell them be prepared for a beautiful sunset the fish are optional haha!

CMDRSTP

« Reply #469 on: May 14, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Hello, all. How are you?

My name is Steve. I am a nurse (22 years) from Sauquoit, NY. I am pretty new to this walleye fishing. Well, maybe "new" isn't the right word, more like...terrible.  ::) I fish from the shore or wade. My usual places are the canal (Lock 22 to Sylvan Beach), Sylvan Beach, Cozy Corner, and Schneibles Inn. I usually like to fish the night. Usually, 6PM to 1-2 AM. I probably should try the AM bite. I have some luck floating minnows and occasionally on jigs and sonars. Trying to self learn the art of stickbaits and the subtle taps. I find this very challenging, especially when the wind is up. As bad as I am, I really do just enjoy being at the lake and watching anyone catch fish. Hopefully soon I will have the ability to have a little more success.

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for the informative reading from your posts. I try like hell to open my ears and eyes before my mouth starts asking questions but, I am sure the questions will come.

If you ever see a goofy looking guy with brown Silverado and a minnow bucket sitting occasionally with a pretty blonde on the east side of the canal at Sylvan Beach, stop and say hello. It would be nice to meet you.

Thank you and take care.

Steve
“You see, in this world, there’s two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns…and, those who dig. You dig.”

August West

« Reply #470 on: May 14, 2012, 11:35 PM »
I limited out on Eyes at high noon yesterday using a Jitterbug tipped with Grass Shrimp ::)
AW

Reel Addiction 2

• FISH ON!!!!!!
« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2012, 07:16 AM »
CMDRSTP, I use a green hat lamp when fishing with waders. I find this doesn't spook the fish and you can find them and cast to them. Also I find north shore any where is best for Walleye wading. Just keep at it, Cast a lot of lures , find what works and stick with that. If you find a honey hole keep going there until they move then you move. Just my 2 cents.

Mike

Dark Cloud

« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2012, 08:06 AM »
I limited out on Eyes at high noon yesterday using a Jitterbug tipped with Grass Shrimp ::)
AW

Somebody must be bored??? I'll give you a shout later...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

PeterC

« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Hey Otis,Snagger and FiletandRelease-  Thanks alot for the info. I do all three, harness, jig or cast but the the info I have heard about 109 and 107 seems llike the best fit. Again thanks so much for the specifics. Hope to make your aquaintence some day.

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2012, 02:15 PM »
I've had good sucsess on the west end this year using 3/8 oz. black jig with silver, and purple tinsil tipped with nothing. I usually fish around long point, frenchmans, or muskrat bay. the magic depth seems to be 12 fow. but you have to keep moving to find the walleyes that are feeding. pretty much the same anywhere you fish in the lake. the water temp. yesterday was 62. very light south east wind now. going to give it a shot before dark.   later...

redarrow61

« Reply #475 on: May 15, 2012, 03:42 PM »
Is this the Steve P. that used to go to the hotel ??? Just asking is it is you will know me and even if it isnt i am pretty close to you and love to walleye fish ... post a couple more posts and PM me
Hello, all. How are you?

My name is Steve. I am a nurse (22 years) from Sauquoit, NY. I am pretty new to this walleye fishing. Well, maybe "new" isn't the right word, more like...terrible.  ::) I fish from the shore or wade. My usual places are the canal (Lock 22 to Sylvan Beach), Sylvan Beach, Cozy Corner, and Schneibles Inn. I usually like to fish the night. Usually, 6PM to 1-2 AM. I probably should try the AM bite. I have some luck floating minnows and occasionally on jigs and sonars. Trying to self learn the art of stickbaits and the subtle taps. I find this very challenging, especially when the wind is up. As bad as I am, I really do just enjoy being at the lake and watching anyone catch fish. Hopefully soon I will have the ability to have a little more success.

I just wanted to introduce myself and thank you for the informative reading from your posts. I try like hell to open my ears and eyes before my mouth starts asking questions but, I am sure the questions will come.

If you ever see a goofy looking guy with brown Silverado and a minnow bucket sitting occasionally with a pretty blonde on the east side of the canal at Sylvan Beach, stop and say hello. It would be nice to meet you.

Thank you and take care.

Steve

eyedoctor

« Reply #476 on: May 15, 2012, 07:00 PM »
for you guys that use nanofil line do tie your jigs directly to it or do you tie a floro leader then your jig

LOA

« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2012, 07:11 PM »
for you guys that use nanofil line do tie your jigs directly to it or do you tie a floro leader then your jig

I been using a micro swivel and some fluoro. The nanofil seems to get a little twisty, but nanofil on a supercaster casts like a dream...A white line to a lure seems more unnatural than a lure

Hollywood

« Reply #478 on: May 15, 2012, 09:32 PM »
Great trip with a couple friends tonight, we found fish everywhere we looked but many weren't in the mood to play. As it got a little later they started to turn on & we managed to bring our limit back. The jig/worm was outfishing the sonars in the relatively flat conditions out there this evening. What a beautiful night though, great weather and conversation and Cubby even managed to get a little leg action.  8)

coachwarner

« Reply #479 on: May 16, 2012, 03:12 AM »
great weather and conversation and Cubby even managed to get a little leg action.  8)

:rotflol: :rotflol: Cubby found a friend  :w00t: I didnt know Cubby liked turtles so much ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.