FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415070 times)

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1005 on: Jun 10, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Got out for a few hours tonight for the night bite. Man, I was glad when the sun went down. What a scorcher today was. We moved around a little and found a nice pod of eyes. Got to fish within thirty yards of my buddy Hollywood and noone crashed the party. Black and purple bucktail did the most damage. Fish were chewin' pretty good tonight despite the lack of wind.

Here's a shot of Bear in his favorite spot...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1006 on: Jun 11, 2012, 12:17 AM »

Made it down to Oneida around 6pm tonight, fished til 10pm, man was it hot when we got there, no breeze, dead flat again til sunset. Fished with deadeyes and my buddy bob.. Being there was no breeze we didn't travel too far, I haven't really developed a deep jiggin spot nearbye that works without a drift, so instead of driving 4 miles to fish we jumped into the weeds and bass fished for a while, got quite a few, a good 25 total.....some big sunfish on micro tubes, then jigged some bucktails and got some rock bass and a big perch, didn't really target eyes til sunset, as there was jet ski's and pontoon boats beating down our fishing grounds pretty good. Once the sun set we boated 8 keeper eyes and dumped 4 more at the boat.  Being these were weed eyes, I measured them,  1 20, a 19, 2 18's and some smaller ones...After last weeks tourney, I'll measure every larger weed walleye out of curiosity. Smallmouth were hitting well after dark, puking up tons of small shad or perch already......Frogs were making quite a racket after dark, I could of layed down and fell a sleep out there, man was it a warm night. Very relaxing ... good times!!!  ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #1007 on: Jun 11, 2012, 07:39 AM »
the walleye bite is going to be a year to remember ;D. your right snag. i've been mainly fishing the weeds with a black jig with purple tinsil, and the size of the walleyes are averaging 19 to 23". I didn't get in that tourney, and now I wish I did. oh well there's always next year.   later...

OTIS

« Reply #1008 on: Jun 11, 2012, 09:01 AM »
Went out for the early bite with ChenBassHead yesterday.  On our second move we landed on the eyes.  We ended up with somewhere between 15 and 20 for the day with a drum and giant sunny in the mix.  We went looking for the smallmouth, but couldn’t find them.  That’s a new game to me, and I have a lot of homework to do on them.  We fought the urge to see what was going on out in the channel and headed right to where we hit them last weekend.  There was a flotilla out there in the channel!  There had to be 30 plus boats out there all morning.  We headed in to some structure and found them on the deeper side in 20ish feet of water.  Buck tails and crawler WAY out produced sonars.  We eventually headed out to the deeper water to see what was going on and it was dead out there.  The trollers seemed to be picking up the occasional fish, but by the time we got out there it was almost dead calm with bright hot sun.  We did get a visit from the DEC.  He checked out licenses and fish, and measured out smallest (15.5).  He hit quite a few guys in the pack, I was glad to see him out there!
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

OTIS

« Reply #1009 on: Jun 11, 2012, 09:24 AM »
  Got out last night for 3 hours with my buddy bobster, he had a ball catching smallmouth while I spent some time just jigging bucktails in the weeds for eyes, never really have used bucktails in the weeds so put a shift in trying to learn it. It's really effective, but they always seam to eat the stinger with the worm piece, which makes me think, is it really the worm they want and the bucktail is just a tool to get the worm down there?  I'll be trying some strange rigs in the next few trips to see if I can come up with a different way of pulling those fish out of the weeds that suits me...

Northland Whistler Jig  8)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1010 on: Jun 11, 2012, 09:54 AM »
Went out for the early bite with ChenBassHead yesterday.  On our second move we landed on the eyes.  We ended up with somewhere between 15 and 20 for the day with a drum and giant sunny in the mix.  We went looking for the smallmouth, but couldn’t find them.  That’s a new game to me, and I have a lot of homework to do on them.  We fought the urge to see what was going on out in the channel and headed right to where we hit them last weekend.  There was a flotilla out there in the channel!  There had to be 30 plus boats out there all morning.  We headed in to some structure and found them on the deeper side in 20ish feet of water.  Buck tails and crawler WAY out produced sonars.  We eventually headed out to the deeper water to see what was going on and it was dead out there.  The trollers seemed to be picking up the occasional fish, but by the time we got out there it was almost dead calm with bright hot sun.  We did get a visit from the DEC.  He checked out licenses and fish, and measured out smallest (15.5).  He hit quite a few guys in the pack, I was glad to see him out there!
Sounds like fun Aaron  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Spikehorn11

« Reply #1011 on: Jun 11, 2012, 10:44 AM »
Fished the west end yesterday afternoon till dark. Played with the new boat but my motor still isn't right. Just going to take some playing with. Took some cast from the dock before heading out and got a LG mouth and a pickerel. Lost 3 more with the last one breaking my popper off. Fished shallow and weeds playing with the green carp. Lots of SM mouth action. Should be a good opener next week. Headed deeper toward structure and got one eye.

bauls25

• AKA paul23
« Reply #1012 on: Jun 11, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Afterwards I got to share a few "pops" with bauls25 and wetsleeves. It was nice to meet you guys.

Nice seeing you fellas and enjoying some cold "pops" after a warm outing. Nice boat Bruce.

As far as the fishing sunday, caught many eyes, bass, suns and sheeps. Tried to stay away from the crowds of boats out everywhere. Also have to start weighing the eyes I catch. Gonna start looking for some bigger eyes instead of the eaters.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1013 on: Jun 11, 2012, 03:49 PM »
SNAGGER!!!! Your in-box is full!!!

Got out with my girlfriend this morning for a few hours. Total tally : 11 eyes, 3 sheepies, a perch and a jumbo sunny.
Moved all over the place ... mainly trying to outrun and outsmart the vultures.

Question for ya ................

Let's say you are driving your boat acrossed the lake, and you look up just in time to see a man pulling in a fish from another boat. Would you........
 a) Give him the thumbs up and keep on going to look for your own fish?
 b) Slow your boat and get as close to him as possible?
 c) Head up wind and line yourself up on his drift?

My girlfriend was pulling on our fourth walleye off a hump the size of two pickup trucks, when a guy that was going by chose answer (b). So, then there was two of us. Then a third and a fourth boat came over. They chose answer (c). I made myself leave when the fifth boat was headed our way. Got blown right out of my own spot!!

I know we beat this subject to death every year, but it still sucks.

Go with d... start shooting clay pigeons off the bow of your boat!  :w00t: They SHOULD get the message...  ;D
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1014 on: Jun 11, 2012, 04:15 PM »
           Made it down to Oneida around 6pm tonight, fished til 10pm, man was it hot when we got there, no breeze, dead flat again til sunset. Fished with deadeyes and my buddy bob.. Being there was no breeze we didn't travel too far, I haven't really developed a deep jiggin spot nearbye that works without a drift, so instead of driving 4 miles to fish we jumped into the weeds and bass fished for a while, got quite a few, a good 25 total.....some big sunfish on micro tubes, then jigged some bucktails and got some rock bass and a big perch, didn't really target eyes til sunset, as there was jet ski's and pontoon boats beating down our fishing grounds pretty good. Once the sun set we boated 8 keeper eyes and dumped 4 more at the boat.  Being these were weed eyes, I measured them,  1 20, a 19, 2 18's and some smaller ones...After last weeks tourney, I'll measure every larger weed walleye out of curiosity. Smallmouth were hitting well after dark, puking up tons of small shad or perch already......Frogs were making quite a racket after dark, I could of layed down and fell a sleep out there, man was it a warm night. Very relaxing ... good times!!!  ;D
[/quote Def had a good time out there Snag.  Was good to be back out there fo sho! Thanks
Nice job findin em

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1015 on: Jun 11, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Sorry about cancelling our outing tonight Deadeyes, just feels like the wind aint gonna lay down in time to make it worth the 30 minute drive bro.  :-\
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

ThaTs BullHead

• Birth..FISH..Die!
« Reply #1016 on: Jun 11, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Went out today, right were the channel meets the shoals at #125 got 5 eyes but get this.. only one keeper! got one of them on a red,gold,black spinner bait and the others on a black and purple 1/2 oz jig tipped with a worm. great drift and when ya got tk99 on its the perfect day

KingPerch

« Reply #1017 on: Jun 11, 2012, 05:51 PM »
Went out today, right were the channel meets the shoals at #125 got 5 eyes but get this.. only one keeper! got one of them on a red,gold,black spinner bait and the others on a black and purple 1/2 oz jig tipped with a worm. great drift and when ya got tk99 on its the perfect day
If you listen to Hair Nation....fish just jump in the boat!!! ;D LOL!!!! Good job on your fish bud!!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

reeleyz

« Reply #1018 on: Jun 11, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Sorry about cancelling our outing tonight Deadeyes, just feels like the wind aint gonna lay down in time to make it worth the 30 minute drive bro.  :-\

Probably a good idea. I don't think the wind is going to go down much at dark.

elrodalonzo

« Reply #1019 on: Jun 11, 2012, 07:43 PM »
Got out sat afternoon right after the shower.  Went right to 30 ft and started trolling. Got one nice keeper in 10 minutes.  Over the next hour lost three, got two more keepers and one short.  Was all done and heading in by 5. Lake was like glass and alot of fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.