FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414715 times)

Dark Cloud

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #1275 on: Jun 27, 2012, 08:22 AM »
Tank and my favorite place to have a sandwich was the Godfrey launch when we were fishing alot up there. Saw many a funy things but the best has to be...
Some yahoo was takin out his boat, he had a smaller truck and a bigger boat. Well he would pull forward a foot and stall then slip back a few feet. He did this 3-4 times till finall the cab of the truck was taking on water. Finally he realized he was in 3rd gear!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :cookoo:
He got it in first gear and tore up outta there with water pouring out of everywhere. When he opened the door, he had a mini waterfalls comming out...  :clapping: :clapping:
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

icedd

« Reply #1276 on: Jun 27, 2012, 08:33 AM »
Saw three in an hour at wallenpaupack go in without plugs one guy actually ran out quite a ways before he knew it drained it for about 45 minutes then went home.

KingPerch

« Reply #1277 on: Jun 27, 2012, 03:44 PM »
That's great, I'll spend Saturday watching south shore then try Godfrey's on Sunday. Lots of nice shade over there at Godfrey. I could spend all day watching that stuff.  I watched a women yelling no at her husband when he thought she meant go and do a really nice job jack kniving a trailer over there a bunch of years ago.  That was one of my all time favorites.
I am glad you guys weren't hanging out at Godfrey the day I parked My buddies truck in the drink with the boat and trailer attatched when the brake lines blew out!!! I'd never hear the end of that!! ;D That place is quite comical on a hectic day!! ;)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #1278 on: Jun 27, 2012, 05:19 PM »

slammy you produce it and someone will buy it look at all the goofy stuff out there , lets all of us give a name , how about the the launch  of doom  

Hookinup

• Bangin' bottom & gettin' bit !
« Reply #1279 on: Jun 27, 2012, 06:01 PM »
How 'bout "Jack-knife Alley"?

coachwarner

« Reply #1280 on: Jun 27, 2012, 06:15 PM »
How about "Release's Playpen" ;D

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1281 on: Jun 27, 2012, 06:18 PM »
How about "Release's Playpen" ;D
Cant do that, filet will be jealous!  :rotflol:
Nice job findin em

Dark Cloud

« Reply #1282 on: Jun 27, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Saw three in an hour at wallenpaupack go in without plugs one guy actually ran out quite a ways before he knew it drained it for about 45 minutes then went home.

The best "no plug" inncident I ever saw was this past march on the local river. Tank and I fished all morning and headed for the launch as we got close I could see "issues".  ::)
There was a vehicle and trailer backed down to the edge of the water with front half of the boat up on the trailer and the back half sunk in the water. And a guy in the water thigh deep with a net scooping gear(fishfinder was reading 38 degrees)...
Apparently they took on enough water that they couldnt get the trailer under the boat. 3 guys hung on the bow of the boat while another cranked the boat on...
They pulled out finally and we got our boat loaded. Up in the parking lot here comes one of the guys over to me--- Him - "excuse me, do you know anything about boats"?...
Me - "a little" as I walk over towards his rig...
Him - "is something suppose to be in these holes"?

Yep, no boat plugs in... They actually fished for a bit while bailing...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

filetandrelease

« Reply #1283 on: Jun 27, 2012, 07:22 PM »
here's one last year a man from PA sat on the launch loaded up his gear , taking his time ,instead of using the staging area , one of the fellas said how about letting us launch ,the reply was in about 20 min i will be done then you can do what you want with a few colorful metaphors, then he put his boat in the water but forgot the plug , one of the guys backed his boat down and was waiting , and all of a sudden the guy said get out of my way my boat is sinking , and the reply was in 19 min . it's all yours  ;D, yep the boat sank right there ,and they all wished him a great day , it pays to be a dk doesn't it  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #1284 on: Jun 27, 2012, 07:29 PM »
I think I could probably produce a reality TV show form this stuff.  It's great material. It would come on right after Hillbilly Handfishing.

it would fit right in  :thumbup_smilie:

O

« Reply #1285 on: Jun 27, 2012, 08:17 PM »
here's one last year a man from PA sat on the launch loaded up his gear , taking his time ,instead of using the staging area , one of the fellas said how about letting us launch ,the reply was in about 20 min i will be done then you can do what you want with a few colorful metaphors, then he put his boat in the water but forgot the plug , one of the guys backed his boat down and was waiting , and all of a sudden the guy said get out of my way my boat is sinking , and the reply was in 19 min . it's all yours  ;D, yep the boat sank right there ,and they all wished him a great day , it pays to be a dk doesn't it  ;D

Ha ha....talk about KARMA!   ;D ;D ;D

gatorsin09

« Reply #1286 on: Jun 27, 2012, 09:52 PM »
I cant imagine some of the launches around here on weekends, Its pretty crazy just sitting on the shore where we are watching all the traffic out there. Last night it was really rough but we headed east past 123 and got into them instantly. Trolling at 1.3 with the dead east wind, didnt see another boat fishing anywhere so we had it all to ourselves. Landed 15 or so lost a few nice ones at the boat, the waves would push them right into us sometimes, we had a good time rocking and rolling out there but the boat handled it great for being a 17 footer. Couldnt really jig we were rocking and rolling so bad but the 3 of us always had something to do trolling along at that speed, picked up quite a few small ones none of the fish had much in their stomachs guess that confirms what the biologist said about low perch count causing them to be hungry?It was a gorgeous sunset and quite a ride in but once we got on top of the waves we could really get moving, why didnt we have a deep hull center console all along is all I could think. Couldnt get the picture too clear as it was moving alot but it was gorgeous out there

Had a blast up on Ontario went straight out of henderson harbor through the cut and into the big waves, was thinking about getting a charter after my first visit just because info about up there is scarce on the net but found the fish right away and landed some awesome browns! They were beautiful going from 2-11lbs. I had to buy a bigger net for the second day after landing the 11lber with my little oneida net. My girlfriend did a great job helping me land them and it was a pretty rough day. They dont taste like walleye but wow its a fun fight all the way to the boat and even when youre trying to hold them! Caught 20 or so all on dipseys only. Cant wait for the salmon to come and the giant eyes. Its addicting for sure.

Is this a small steelhead?

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #1287 on: Jun 27, 2012, 10:06 PM »
  I think you mean a west wind, nice detailed report with pics gator, was a pleasure to read.  Hard to tell from the camera angle, but looks like a short king salmon.  So when do we get to see your face?  :w00t:  once again great report!!!!   Got alot of work done around here and rested my arm, I think I'm ready for an Oneida adventure myself.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

crappiekiller315

• whackin&stackin I LIKE TO EAT BASS
« Reply #1288 on: Jun 28, 2012, 12:24 AM »
That my friend appears to be a  skippy coho ;)
do you think there would be less idiot's if it were not illegal to kill people!!!!!
Mmmmmmmm bass the other white meat!!!!!!

walleye1

« Reply #1289 on: Jun 28, 2012, 08:13 AM »

Excellent!  ;D         

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.